11-02-11 02:54 PM
    This almost never happens with Apple. Plus, it's better than releasing a sub-par product with tons of bugs.

The difference is -- I'm assuming you're saying this in light of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 delays -- that Apple can afford to miss a deadline because they are on about 95% of the times; RIM cannot afford such a luxury as they have hit a low point they have not seen since 2004 -- pre-Android and pre-iPhone -- just today.
    11-02-11 03:29 PM
    Thank God! I've been hoping Apple would screw up and get some negative press so the insecure BB users could feel a little bit better about themselves. *Insert sarcasm here*

Really??
    anon(13322) likes this.
    11-02-11 04:29 PM
    Why aren't you apple users up in arms? They promised a release date and missed it.

Yeah probably not as hyper as some around here.
    11-02-11 04:32 PM
    I would probably be more up in arms if I didn't have a life. Honestly, I didn't even know they set a release date.
    11-02-11 04:33 PM
    They never said October 2011... Lol
    11-03-11 04:40 AM
    Yawn...........
    11-03-11 05:00 AM
    I would probably be more up in arms if I didn't have a life. Honestly, I didn't even know they set a release date.
    Hahaha. Nice.
    I nominate this as Post Of The Week.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-05-11 12:28 PM
    What's iTunes Match anyways?
    11-05-11 12:32 PM
    What's iTunes Match anyways?
    Basically a streaming service for your music. It matches your iTunes library up to their servers and then allows you to stream your music anywhere from any of your iOS devices. Yes, there are a good number of 3rd party apps that do this for free, but understandably you'll need your computer on and connected for it to work. You could also use Amazon's cloud services as well.

Anyway, from Apple's site:

"Here�s how it works: iTunes determines which songs in your collection are available in the iTunes Store. Any music with a match is automatically added to your iCloud library for you to listen to anytime, on any device. Since there are more than 19 million songs in the iTunes Store, chances are, your music is already in iCloud. And for the few songs that aren�t, iTunes has to upload only what it can�t match. Which is much faster than starting from scratch. Once your music is in iCloud, you can stream and store it to any of your devices. Even better, all the music iTunes matches plays back from iCloud at 256-Kbps AAC DRM-free quality � even if your original copy was of lower quality."
    11-05-11 12:46 PM
    Basically a streaming service for your music. It matches your iTunes library up to their servers and then allows you to stream your music anywhere from any of your iOS devices. Yes, there are a good number of 3rd party apps that do this for free, but understandably you'll need your computer on and connected for it to work. You could also use Amazon's cloud services as well.

Anyway, from Apple's site:

"Here�s how it works: iTunes determines which songs in your collection are available in the iTunes Store. Any music with a match is automatically added to your iCloud library for you to listen to anytime, on any device. Since there are more than 19 million songs in the iTunes Store, chances are, your music is already in iCloud. And for the few songs that aren�t, iTunes has to upload only what it can�t match. Which is much faster than starting from scratch. Once your music is in iCloud, you can stream and store it to any of your devices. Even better, all the music iTunes matches plays back from iCloud at 256-Kbps AAC DRM-free quality � even if your original copy was of lower quality."
    you know; that's actually pretty awesome.

Theoretically if you want a new song, you just have to duplicate one you already have and rename it.

afte that: I only have one Mac, and I am NOT installing iTunes on mt PCs
    11-05-11 01:00 PM
    iTunes match is not an OS not an upgrade to an OS so no comparison to Rim's failures.
    11-05-11 01:37 PM
    My only use for iTunes: moving content to and fro. And, maybe, the occasional backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 06:38 PM
    The best part of this is that I read Apple was contacting people who had been publicly complaining on forums. They showed that they are actually listing to the people who make them as popular as they are. Not only are they listening, but they are addressing the issue with an update that was already released to the developers and will be on our phones in a matter of days I'm sure.

Not sure how good customer service ever made anyone look bad. Furthermore, I never had a "death grip" issue on my 4. I did have some battery performance problems after the update to 5.0, but turning of the time zone thing has made a significant difference. It's probably more beneficial not to feed the trolls but the fact that one company is breaking records while the other is barely treading water, should be evidence enough that these little comparisons are a waste of time and energy.

Very reminiscent of the band continuing to play as the titanic sank and quite sad if I might add. Even more sad is that I love many aspects of BB and I know RIM could be a huge contender in the market, but why would you strive to do better when so many people continue to defend you even at your worst? That's like me making excuses for my 14yr old failing a class. If I continue to say "Well the kid who makes all A's is just the teachers pet so you shouldn't worry about that. If she gave you more attention, then you would have A's as well" He wouldn't really have a reason to want to do better. I've only given him an excuse to continue to slack off.
    11-08-11 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD