http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...d-why-it-does/

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    07-23-14 12:23 PM
    Ok, enjoy your day! Big Hug!

Posted via CB10
    Hugs back!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    07-23-14 12:24 PM
    where are you getting your numbers from exactly? nokia sold more than 35 million windows phones last quarter?
    http://www.nokiainnovation.com/2014/...-by-3-million/

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-p...e-barely-moves

This quarter was no different, their margins are lower. However unit numbers are up vs IOS

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-23-14 at 02:00 PM.
    vstromryan likes this.
    07-23-14 12:31 PM
    Lumia Outselling iPhone, Quarter by Quarter By 3 Million : Nokia Innovation

This quarter was no different, their margins are lower. However unit numbers are up vs IOS

Posted via CB10
    lol wow that is some twisting of number there. nice try but total fail
    mikeo007 and pineappleqwer like this.
    07-23-14 12:33 PM
    lol wow that is some twisting of number there. nice try but total fail
    It's being reported already on some business news channels. So I guess their reporting too failed.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 12:39 PM
    Miss a period? Not to worry. Apple is pregnant and will deliver soon.
    07-23-14 12:55 PM
    Everyone agree that apple will be a top notch like once was. I seriously think you have to get the fact straight. I know reality is sour.

#BBFactCheck
    07-23-14 12:58 PM
    Do love BlackBerry but don't wish ill to others.

One of my BlackBerry circle of friends has switched to use an iPhone from a Z10. Reason: short life battery and no (or unlimited feature) Wechat app. Yup. I was disappointed but she looks like she really enjoys her iPhone right now so I'm happy for her.

True fans are those who feel powerful, proud and happy with their choices, no matter what. They happy and content from within and not from misfortunes of others.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-23-14 01:26 PM

One of my BlackBerry circle of friends has switched to use an iPhone from a Z10. Reason: short life battery and no (or unlimited feature) Wechat app. Yup. I was disappointed but she looks like she really enjoys her iPhone right now so I'm happy for her.

True fans are those who feel powerful, proud and happy with their choices, no matter what. They happy and content from within and not from misfortunes of others.

Hear, hear. Refreshing.
    07-23-14 01:30 PM
    Lumia Outselling iPhone, Quarter by Quarter By 3 Million : Nokia Innovation

Posted via CB10
    The MARKET is different.... Apple made it so!

Comparing iPhone sales back 2007/2008 to Lumia sales in 2013/2014 is.... STUPID. Apple is the one that created the consumer demand for a smartphone... back in 2007 how many non business users had a smartphone compared to today? The writer is REACHING....
    07-23-14 01:34 PM
    Microsoft is laying off about half of the Nokia workforce so they can't be selling that well.
    07-23-14 01:41 PM
    I bought AAPL in the '90's. AAPL stock has been beddy, beddy good to me.

Still rocking a BlackBerry though.
    07-23-14 01:43 PM
    I want to be failing too, with a 7.7 Billion of dollars of net profit.

Anyone who actually believe this is "a problem" for Apple or a "trend" -Other than the normal decrease in sales before a new product launch- is really delusional.
    07-23-14 02:06 PM
    Hi again, the Nokia phones, they actually outsold the iPhone in this quarter.

Posted via CB10
    The majority of Nokia phones sold were dumbphones. Windows Phone Nokias sold 5.8 million units last quarter. Nice twist though. I haven't seen the dumbphone and smartphone numbers combined for years, so this is like a blast from the past.
    07-23-14 02:35 PM
    I bought AAPL in the '90's. AAPL stock has been beddy, beddy good to me.

Still rocking a BlackBerry though.
    Nice thing about a company that pays dividends.... isn't much, but it does make it less likely you'll do any profit taking.
    07-23-14 02:37 PM
    I don't get how they don't use their cash to buy back the stock and it's allow. Such thievery banking their money offshore

#BBFactCheck
    07-23-14 03:16 PM
    so now we've gone from they missed their third quarter to the ethics of their business? why? because the previous argument didn't pan out? shall we lay WWIII at their feet too?
    FRG_RC, Witmen, mikeo007 and 3 others like this.
    07-23-14 04:26 PM

Hmm there's a wechat app just never gets updated. Hopefully they get back to it...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-23-14 04:34 PM
    Kbnkelt, Excuse me? What do you mean by argument? Let's be civil here and not jump into conclusion. You can spin how you like it like mr.market. I can have opinions and i don't wish apple any harm. My apologies if it offends you in any way. This thread was to talk about their q3 results and how the market can make the sp which ever way it wants. And of course ethnic counts because that is all really is. And don't let me start with the labor oversea.

#BBFactCheck
    07-23-14 06:12 PM
    Kbnkelt, Excuse me? What do you mean by argument? Let's be civil here and not jump into conclusion. You can spin how you like it like mr.market. I can have opinions and i don't wish apple any harm. My apologies if it offends you in any way. This thread was to talk about their q3 results and how the market can make the sp which ever way it wants. And of course ethnic counts because that is all really is. And don't let me start with the labor oversea.

#BBFactCheck
    Argument as in opinion posted. In other words, the theme changed from whether quarter 3 results were missed to a discussion of Apple business practices, which were completely absent from the previous discussion.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    07-23-14 06:24 PM
    Well It is after all my opinions and my observations of how the sp behave.

#BBFactCheck
    07-23-14 06:43 PM
    That's the point. Apple's quarterly results have not been stable enough to establish any trend.
    They seem to be pretty stable in terms of growth, particularly when seasonality is factored in. Beating the street is a losing game because the more they grow, the higher the predicted growth will be by analyists, just as when it goes the other way, the doom is often predicted to be greater.

I'm sure Tim Cook isn't worried about imminent bankruptcy. At best, he's maybe revisiting doing an iPhone phablet at some point.
    07-23-14 06:49 PM
    Any idea when is the iPhone 6 coming out?

#BBFactCheck
    07-23-14 07:45 PM

#BBFactCheck

You throw out dumbfounded statements. Money overseas ? You do realize that they earn money in other countries than the US, right ? You do know they pay taxes in all these other countries, right ? And that they have operating expenses to pay in these other countries. And that one out of every $40 in corporate tax paid to the US was paid by Apple, right ? And that as a shareholder, if they brought all their holdings to the US and payed the exorbitant tax rate, I (along with every other shareholder) would cut off Tim Cook's testicles. The same way every multinational company does.

And don't get me started with the labor overseas.

You want to bash Apple, bash them for how iOS handles email attachments. Do it for something legit, not make believe.
    07-23-14 07:47 PM
    Any idea when is the iPhone 6 coming out?

#BBFactCheck
    They tend to release the phone in September IIRC.
    07-23-14 08:06 PM
87 1234