Awesome replies...just got back to this thread. I'm pleased it didn't turn into a flame war, unless the mods had deleted some posts!

Having read most of the responses, I would like to conclude by adding that (as one posted put it!) Apple could most likely try and sell you a lump of brown poo, and you'd get lines out of the door. The Copy and Paste may be extremely powerful, but the best selling point has to remain that it's still an iPhone, it's the latest iPhone, and it's a product by Apple.

I've just been given a Macbook Pro by work and, coming from a Windows perspective, thought I'd put it down after an hour. But I've been using it all weekend, only back to this Windows laptop to do some work, which I haven't figured out how to do on the Apple

Anyway, off to cook a steak. Yum.
    07-18-09 12:26 PM
    Awesome replies...just got back to this thread. I'm pleased it didn't turn into a flame war, unless the mods had deleted some posts!

Having read most of the responses, I would like to conclude by adding that (as one posted put it!) Apple could most likely try and sell you a lump of brown poo, and you'd get lines out of the door. The Copy and Paste may be extremely powerful, but the best selling point has to remain that it's still an iPhone, it's the latest iPhone, and it's a product by Apple.

I've just been given a Macbook Pro by work and, coming from a Windows perspective, thought I'd put it down after an hour. But I've been using it all weekend, only back to this Windows laptop to do some work, which I haven't figured out how to do on the Apple

We can see all posts that would have been deleted and no mods removed any posts on this thread. It stayed quite peaceful and on topic.

Enjoy your steak!
    07-18-09 01:36 PM

i used to use windows pc's and was a bit confused when i first came to my macbook 3 years ago but once you learn all the tricks and workings you will love it. plus if you need to you can buy a copy of vista or xp and run it through bootcamp for your BB needs since Mac's and BB dont like to play easily
    07-18-09 01:46 PM
    at the end of the day... blackberries taste better than apples lol! I just switched from iphone 3G to a Bold, couldn't b happier! But this new 3GS is just a little camera upgrade with video, thats pretty much it, iphone 4 will be the REAL upgrade
    07-23-09 04:57 PM
    at the end of the day... blackberries taste better than apples lol! I just switched from iphone 3G to a Bold, couldn't b happier! But this new 3GS is just a little camera upgrade with video, thats pretty much it, iphone 4 will be the REAL upgrade
    You forgot about the updated processor, double the RAM, faster data rates and I believe a better graphics chip.

It is not a little upgrade by any means.
    07-23-09 06:01 PM
    Genius. Apple turned a dying brand into a consumer "necessity". =/
    07-23-09 09:23 PM
    One thing that should be considered though, this would be around the 2 year mark of original iPhone customers, so possibly a large percent of the 1 million sold could be those who are renewing their contracts. Either way it sells.

It could be possible Mr. Jobs & Co. had this planned. He is, IMHO, an excellent CEO. He understands the consumer for the most part and does an excellent job creating products that sell. Apple might have had these features ready to sell right away, but then delayed them knowing out of the gate the iPhone would sell, because what it did do, it excelled at. I am not suggesting a conspiracy, I just believe Apple knows how to develop a product, and then keep its products selling.
    That is exactly what he planned. Why do you think there are 6 generations of Ipod Classics... Because they know the Apple faithful will pay for minor upgrades. I like apple products a lot, but I hate how they do business and price everything so high.

3.0 is available to all devices with certain features not being available. 5.0 on the BB isn't even going to touch anything that isn't a touchscreen or have a trackball ball. So it's not just marketing, it's being fair and consistent. Apple isn't forcing customers to buy the new product for a majority of the improvements and/or new features. Everyone else, that's what they do. They stop supporting old products or barely support them.
    So RIM is wrong for not putting out the newest software for non trackball/touchscreen devices? Those devices go back 4 years and more... The large number of trackball devices goes back 3 years. They can't be expected to support the devices forever.
    07-23-09 09:44 PM
    That is exactly what he planned. Why do you think there are 6 generations of Ipod Classics... Because they know the Apple faithful will pay for minor upgrades. I like apple products a lot, but I hate how they do business and price everything so high.

So RIM is wrong for not putting out the newest software for non trackball/touchscreen devices? Those devices go back 4 years and more... The large number of trackball devices goes back 3 years. They can't be expected to support the devices forever.

But the changes with the iPhone are major it's now their bread winner so I think it's a big difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 01:34 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD