Also, just to add that the advantage of paying a little more is the support you get. I've had many Apple products repaired/replaced, some of them for actions that were entirely my fault yet i've never had to pay a penny, Applecare covered it all no questions asked. Just my experience though.
    06-13-12 12:02 PM
    Also, just to add that the advantage of paying a little more is the support you get. I've had many Apple products repaired/replaced, some of them for actions that were entirely my fault yet i've never had to pay a penny, Applecare covered it all no questions asked. Just my experience though.
    Well, we have CrackBerry Care! And the intrinsic rewards that come from fixing our own devices! You can't beat that!
    06-13-12 12:06 PM
    There has always been and will always be availability to parts for the DIY repair crowd and a healthy eco-system of 3rd party repair shops (including the site you tried to link to!!!! ifixit). Not everything requires a tin foil hat, dude.
    Actually the site is down, maybe Apple caught word of this and something happened. I don't know.

Anyways I don't see how many 3rd party repairs shops will even want to try touching a new RetinaMacBookPro. It's a minefield and that's the point.

Your faith in DIY repair shops, while commendable, doesn't match up to the reality of how next to near impossible it is to do anything to these laptops.

Glad you've had such great service from Apple. I would at least expect as much from them myself. Sadly you don't have to search far to find people who haven't been as fortunate.

And how about we don't go into the "oh yeah? well RIM isn't much better either" diversion. RIM doesn't even make laptops, lol. We're talking about Apple and paying $$$ for a laptop that with many other vendors/manufacturers offer at much less, without compromising the durability/quality/options/warranty.
    06-13-12 12:15 PM
    so, you are agreeing that until iOS6 the iphone is just a toy...
    yeah this is why I still have my blackberry until today, but goodbye berries when i can get my hand on the new iphone 5

BB 10 will be a toy.
    the touch screen one definitely will

Just order my Macbook Pro/w Retina display....
    good for u, richie rich!
    Last edited by raptorstv; 06-15-12 at 08:11 AM.
    06-15-12 07:35 AM
    yeah this is why I still have my blackberry until today, but goodbye berries when i can get my hand on the new iphone 5

the touch screen one definitely is

good for u, richie rich!
    Oh a touch screen bb is a toy but a touch screen iPhone is not? You're confusing.
    06-15-12 07:41 AM
    it may be too difficult for u to understand, but its ok
    06-19-12 03:52 AM
    I agree.
    I've had to bring in my MacAir in for service 3 times since August (my iMac after 3years running great with no service required).

Display Replacement
    Charger Replacement
    Clicking sound they fixed after keeping it for a couple of days.

Inconvenient ..yes...but fixed with no moneys changing hands.

I feel long term cost on the Apple products is lower.

PS
    I still dislike the iPhone and think its for the technically challenged, seniors, and the "I want what everyone else has" crowd. Don't get me started on the iPad.
    06-19-12 10:41 AM
    Hahaha. And when is OS 10 or whatever RIM is calling it coming out? This year? Next year? Who knows ?
    I don't know, but if rim does not deliver Microsoft will. Forget iOS 6, windows 8 is where it's at.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-12 11:14 AM
    We shall see.
    06-19-12 01:43 PM
184 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD