Never owned but supported a couple of them at a few companies i provide support for. They boot even faster when for no specific reason at all the user hits the power button and gets that arrogant smiley folder that basically says " hi you just signed away your mortage for be but i am deciding I now need to mess up my OS and erase all your work by needing to be re installed." happens more often than not. Luckily our users woke up and accepted the fact that macs are not as stable as advertised. And this is in a business environment. Nothing is perfect and invincible.
    So no personal experience. Just supporting a "couple" of them & I assume you're only called in when things go wrong. Yeah, your blanket statements make perfect sense then.
    06-12-12 07:58 PM
    This is hilarious, an verbatim tweet from earlier today from English actor and comedian Nick Frost:

"Siri looks amazing in the adverts. In reality I've had to turn mine off for fear of smashing my phone to f#@$ every time I try to use it"

I gather this gentlemen does not think it lives up to its hype.
    Well if he didn't have one of those stupid British accents! (I'm English born & raised before anyone gets pissy).
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-12-12 08:21 PM
    Considering how much longer they last and keep they're value, that price isn't that bad to me. I've had my MacBook about 3.5 years and it's still awesome. Never had an issue.

Had to buy a windows 7 laptop for a college course ($600 bucks) and I had it 3 months before It completely went to h3ll in a hand basket. It currently has a number of virus despite all the protective crap i was suckered into buying! It's a pain in the arse after 1 year and I didn't get one response on Craigslist when i listed it for $300 at 6 months old! $2K MacBook Pro? Yes please!
    LoL you got what you paid for,a 2k notebook would be in another league. Viruses have a lot to do with your internet habits,I have never caught a virus on any of my pc's.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-12 08:23 PM
    LoL you got what you paid for,a 2k notebook would be in another league. Viruses have a lot to do with your internet habits,I have never caught a virus on any of my pc's.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    I use Macs and I really enjoy them but I also use PCs and I have to say I have never had a Trojan/virus either. I used to run AVG but don't even find that necessary anymore. Windows 7 is pretty damn secure to be honest. Mind you I don't do a lot of surfing on there, that's what an iPad is for.
    06-12-12 08:28 PM
    Isnt iOS6 in the beta stage not due for release until fall? Same as BB10. So who is really ahead?
    06-12-12 08:38 PM
    I think the best thing is siri being made into cars now that is very cool!
    06-12-12 08:39 PM
    Isnt iOS6 in the beta stage not due for release until fall? Same as BB10. So who is really ahead?
    Considering iOS has actually been in the public's hands since 2007 I would say Apple.
    06-12-12 08:39 PM
    wrong forums buddy
    06-12-12 09:31 PM
    Are you frackin' kidding' me?!?!?!

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

OK, I've been happy up to now...that price is obscene.

I can tile my laundry room for that amount of money. Forget that.
    Get the retina model with options and it's over $4000
    06-12-12 09:51 PM
    LOL, guys this is ********. It's not even the right forum section, let alone THE RIGHT FORUM to be discussing this. Can everyone stop replying (including me) so that it can get the off the 'hottest threads' list and I can find other interesting threads please?

Sincerely,
    Mr. I Don't Give A About the MBP.vs.Windows.vs.Pink Unicorns.vs.Fluffy Marshmallows.vs.Everything else non-BlackBerry related in a BlackBerry forum
    06-12-12 10:06 PM
    LOL, guys this is ********. It's not even the right forum section, let alone THE RIGHT FORUM to be discussing this. Can everyone stop replying (including me) so that it can get the off the 'hottest threads' list and I can find other interesting threads please?

Sincerely,
    Mr. I Don't Give A About the MBP.vs.Windows.vs.Pink Unicorns.vs.Fluffy Marshmallows.vs.Everything else non-BlackBerry related in a BlackBerry forum
    I'm interested in fluffy marshmallows.
    06-12-12 11:20 PM
    Siri integration with major car manufacturers. This owns.

Integration with your iPad and and desktop so you can answer your phone from any device running iOS or OS X.
    umm,onx is already there.
    06-13-12 01:39 AM
    Considering iOS has actually been in the public's hands since 2007 I would say Apple.
    I will say that I saw the iOS6 beta today (a coworker has a developer account) and the 3D mapping and twitter/Facebook integration is nice. He's still messing with it and it's a beta so some stuff isn't working, but it did give location hits for Canada with Siri which hadn't happened before as well.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-13-12 02:22 AM
    umm,onx is already there.
    I don't get what you're saying. What is "onx" and where is it?
    06-13-12 07:57 AM
    Apple can blow my ****.
    kbz1960 and xandermac like this.
    06-13-12 08:35 AM
    Apple can blow my ****.
    LOL, I love it.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-13-12 08:37 AM
    Oh dear lord. Yep everyone who has ever gotten a virus is watching pron! Evil dirty pron!

At one point last year I got an alert to malware trying to install from my computer from an ad on Crackberry. Guess I shouldn't surf malicious sites like cb.com? .
    Unless you're an when it comes to computers, the first addon you install in Chrome & Firefox should be Adblock Pro, regardless of if you're on Mac or Windows . I haven't seen internet ads in YEARS.
    06-13-12 09:46 AM
    Is the free Microsoft Essentials security any good? After my free trial of anti virus ran out, I downloaded the above.
    06-13-12 09:49 AM
    Unless you're an when it comes to computers, the first addon you install in Chrome & Firefox should be Adblock Pro, regardless of if you're on Mac or Windows . I haven't seen internet ads in YEARS.
    So *insert expletive here* shouldn't install it then. Good advice.
    06-13-12 09:51 AM
    Is the free Microsoft Essentials security any good? After my free trial of anti virus ran out, I downloaded the above.
    Thats what I have, it came pre-loaded on my vaio-p, I haven't had any problems with it at all. I used to use AVG (another free AV) but just don't bother anymore. My surfing habits are pretty basic though so I may not be the best case example.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-13-12 10:04 AM
    yes. it's completely non intrusive, runs in the background, has no popups unless it detects viruses, automatically removes or quarantines them, updates through microsoft update and is silent. i have zero problems with it and it's a lot better then norton (norton would be great if it wasn't so resource hungry.)
    Chrisy and reeneebob like this.
    06-13-12 10:05 AM
    So *insert expletive here* shouldn't install it then. Good advice.
    learn2read.
    incompetent computer users dont even know what addons are, lol
    06-13-12 10:06 AM
    I have to also say I use MSE and it is as good as the rest. Also no need to sign up year after year like a lot of the other free ones plus updates come thru windows update. It does seem less resource hungry than the rest also. I usually get my advice from geekstogo.

I see it hasn't been updated in a year though.

Free Antivirus and Antispyware Software - Geeks to Go Forums
    06-13-12 10:12 AM
    Ok, sort of back on topic here.

Error

Another way Apple can blow minds in frustration. This is a very deliberate way to prevent any kind of repair/upgrades unless from Apple which means more $$$.

I don't buy it for a second that this is to ensure durability and safety. This is just another step in the long history to step Apple has made to ensure that they have full control over their products for maximum monetary benefit.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-13-12 11:54 AM
    Ok, sort of back on topic here.

Error

Another way Apple can blow minds in frustration. This is a very deliberate way to prevent any kind of repair/upgrades unless from Apple which means more $$$.

I don't buy it for a second that this is to ensure durability and safety. This is just another step in the long history to step Apple has made to ensure that they have full control over their products for maximum monetary benefit.
    There has always been and will always be availability to parts for the DIY repair crowd and a healthy eco-system of 3rd party repair shops (including the site you tried to link to!!!! ifixit). Not everything requires a tin foil hat, dude.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-13-12 at 11:59 AM.
    Chrisy and reeneebob like this.
    06-13-12 11:56 AM
184 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD