If I didn't just spend a couple grand on a new PC, I would buy this new MBP. My MPB is doing fine for now though.
    06-12-12 02:08 PM
    Raptorstv....do you work for Apple, mate? You come across as a commercial saboteur and a subversion agent. Brilliant move by Apple to cause confusion and worry amongst Blackberry users. This is perhaps something Blackberry ought to do on Apple fan sites?
    06-12-12 02:49 PM
    Okay, I've worked my way through all 9 pages of this. I wouldn't normally post on this type of thread, but.... Oh my God people!!
    Yeah, I'm sure lots of people love the "new" features in iOS6, and I'm sure some people will think that spending $2100 on a laptop is a good idea, but I'm also SURE this is an iPhone / iPad forum, and therefore talking about macbooks is technically off-topic.

Would it be possible for those of you so well informed to maybe stick with the iOS6 part, and drop the stupid "macbook vs PC" comparison... Or even the "Android was built before iOS" arguments (by the way, it wasn't. Even the Google CEO has about admitted that it was originally basically a copy of iOS - and before there are any remarks, I'm SO far from being an Apple fan, it's not even mildly funny!)
    Let's please try and get back to the OP's original comment... About Apple "blowing his mind" and maybe come up with some ideas about how to make his wish a reality.

Si.
    06-12-12 03:08 PM
    OP nice that little things blow your mind. I'm still not sure if it was a sarcastic post or not.
    06-12-12 03:15 PM
    Okay, I've worked my way through all 9 pages of this. I wouldn't normally post on this type of thread, but.... Oh my God people!!
    Yeah, I'm sure lots of people love the "new" features in iOS6, and I'm sure some people will think that spending $2100 on a laptop is a good idea, but I'm also SURE this is an iPhone / iPad forum, and therefore talking about macbooks is technically off-topic.

Would it be possible for those of you so well informed to maybe stick with the iOS6 part, and drop the stupid "macbook vs PC" comparison... Or even the "Android was built before iOS" arguments (by the way, it wasn't. Even the Google CEO has about admitted that it was originally basically a copy of iOS - and before there are any remarks, I'm SO far from being an Apple fan, it's not even mildly funny!)
    Let's please try and get back to the OP's original comment... About Apple "blowing his mind" and maybe come up with some ideas about how to make his wish a reality.

Si.
    Why did you post? Was it merely to complain? You couldn't just skip the thread and save yourself the pain? Inane.
    06-12-12 03:27 PM
    Why can't you feel comfortable using them? Are starbucks patrons that pretentious or just morons? Do they all tease you and make you feel bad? A holes if they do. Starbucks is another over priced product for what you get.
    If they make him feel bad I honestly don't blame him. He probably goes into starbucks with his macbook air and says "Starbucks sucks and McDonalds coffee is way better."
    06-12-12 03:32 PM
    I do like the little glowing Apple logo on the back of the laptops though. My Dell needs that. If I do see someone using a Mac then I sit with them because I KNOW they have $$$ to buy me coffee. WIn-Win.
    Try alienware. Glowing alien logo > glowing apple logo
    06-12-12 03:41 PM
    It's funny how this turned into a Mac vs PC and iOS vs Android thread all rolled up into one. Honestly, complaining about who copied who isn't very bright if you ask me; what would the world be like if nobody copied anyone? Everyone be stuck with old-style BB OS, iPhone users still couldn't set a background image, Android would look lame, etc.

There's only so many new things one company can do, so everybody copies everyone else's good features and tries to make their own better features. That way users can be happy.
    06-12-12 03:59 PM
    It's funny how this turned into a Mac vs PC and iOS vs Android thread all rolled up into one.
    And a shame members can't respect the choices of others.

The next member who posts an "isheep" comment or other gratuitous insults against another member will be at risk of an immediate ban and a week off the forums to reflect on their posting style.
    reeneebob and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-12-12 04:13 PM
    Uhh I guess I'm in the wrong forum.
    06-12-12 04:17 PM
    Sweetheart, I'm not a rookie when it comes to technology. I'm very competent and perfectly capable of operating a computer. The problem is that I don't feel like I shouldn't have to deal with virus scans and updates and subscriptions if I don't want to. That's my right. I like my devices to just work. I turn on my HP, go get coffee, let the dog out, check the mail, and turn on the television before it even powers up. My Mac is on in less then 30 seconds.

Choices, we all have them. I was a PC user for years. Had one great computer and several crappy ones. What's the definition of "insanity"?
    Not sure what HP you have but I have three, two about a year old, one two years old and they all boot in less than a minute. Normally around 40 seconds. I agree that Apple offers stability but they accomplish it by eliminating choice. Windows, or non Apple PC's, have too many choices, too many MFG's and the consumer many times buys the wrong product.

Apple expects the consumer to pay for the privilege of predefined offerings. I am not disrespecting Apple but to hijack the saying "You are not comparing Apples to Apples" is a deeply flawed pun that belies the bigger issue.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-12-12 05:43 PM
    My HP has a glowing logo on the back
    All three of mine do and two have really AWESOME TITANIUM FRAMES AND LASER ETCHED LIDS WITH VAGUE HIP DESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, went all fan boy
    06-12-12 05:49 PM
    oh my... the new features of iOS6 will no longer make iPhones simply toys... its new features are very useful to be productive!
    so, you are agreeing that until iOS6 the iphone is just a toy...
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-12-12 05:56 PM
    BB 10 will be a toy.
    06-12-12 06:17 PM
    Most productive toy I've ever owned. My pet rock is a close second.
    06-12-12 06:23 PM
    All I saw is what Rim did to users with os6-os7, only it went ios5-ios6. More like 5.5.

RIM is probably very excited about this.
    06-12-12 06:31 PM
    Just order my Macbook Pro/w Retina display....
    06-12-12 06:40 PM
    Apple computers infected with Flashback Trojan virus in 'rude awakening' for Mac users | Mail Online

Wake up and realize those machines that only take 30 seconds is fast because of the limited software available to run on it. I am sure if you leave a windows machine with just the OS it would be quick too.

And yes you will need to install antivirus software now as hackers are starting to get as tired as the rest of the world who are not brainwashed by Apple and are creating viruses to show you your just as to be infected as the rest.
    06-12-12 06:52 PM

Wake up and realize those machines that only take 30 seconds is fast because of the limited software available to run on it.
    Good burn. Never actually owned a Mac I'm guessing.
    06-12-12 06:59 PM
    The new macbook pro models will be 1/4 thinner than its previous model, support retina display, 200 new updates on the new OSX, and so many more!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And $2000+
    06-12-12 07:09 PM
    And $2000+
    Yep, and they'll sell a ton of them. Michael Dell must feel like a fool for his comments 10 years ago.
    06-12-12 07:11 PM
    Apple computers infected with Flashback Trojan virus in 'rude awakening' for Mac users | Mail Online

Wake up and realize those machines that only take 30 seconds is fast because of the limited software available to run on it. I am sure if you leave a windows machine with just the OS it would be quick too.

And yes you will need to install antivirus software now as hackers are starting to get as tired as the rest of the world who are not brainwashed by Apple and are creating viruses to show you your just as to be infected as the rest.
    Stop Reaching.
    06-12-12 07:12 PM
    FYI, if you'd have watched the presentation you would have learned that mountain lion has protection built in natively this time. So no, a 3rd party client isn't needed. Maybe you should actually watch the keynote and base your opinions on that rather than speculation.
    06-12-12 07:15 PM
    Never owned but supported a couple of them at a few companies i provide support for. They boot even faster when for no specific reason at all the user hits the power button and gets that arrogant smiley folder that basically says " hi you just signed away your mortage for be but i am deciding I now need to mess up my OS and erase all your work by needing to be re installed." happens more often than not. Luckily our users woke up and accepted the fact that macs are not as stable as advertised. And this is in a business environment. Nothing is perfect and invincible.
    06-12-12 07:26 PM
    The Siri intergration with auto makers makes me happy. I use it a lot in my car and I'll be purchasing a new car in the coming year. Just in time. Auto manufactures being onboard says a lot to me...

"Apple today announced Eyes Free, working with automobile manufacturers that will integrate Siri. The integration will allow you to keep your eyes on the road, using Siri to control your iPhone. A number of automobile manufacturers are on board and will offer integrations within the next year. [DEVELOPING]"
    This is hilarious, an verbatim tweet from earlier today from English actor and comedian Nick Frost:

"Siri looks amazing in the adverts. In reality I've had to turn mine off for fear of smashing my phone to f#@$ every time I try to use it"

I gather this gentlemen does not think it lives up to its hype.
    06-12-12 07:58 PM
184 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD