Do you honestly think the 3GS runs iOS 4/5/6 without being slow?

Compared to the HTC HD2 which is 3 years old and can run 4.0 at lightening speeds and guess what, it wasn't even designed for android.

Not to mention the steps on XDA to follow are easy and take a max of ten minutes.

Typical ignorant misinformed Apple iSheep.

next
    I have an HD2, I'm not running ICS on it, I'm on gingerbread still. It's fast but hardly lightning fast. Its faster than my 1st gen iPhone and my blackberries but slower than my 4s. I haven't picked it up in months, I should load ICS and see how well it does.
    06-12-12 09:40 AM
    Do you honestly think the 3GS runs iOS 4/5/6 without being slow?

Compared to the HTC HD2 which is 3 years old and can run 4.0 at lightening speeds and guess what, it wasn't even designed for android.

Not to mention the steps on XDA to follow are easy and take a max of ten minutes.

Typical ignorant misinformed Apple iSheep.

next
    My sons 3gs runs iOS5 just fine, and the name calling is reminiscent of a child having a temper tantrum. Can't we have a discussion without it?
    samuelwhatshisface likes this.
    06-12-12 09:41 AM
    and the name calling is reminiscent of a child having a temper tantrum
    I'm certain that its EXACTLY what it is.
    06-12-12 09:45 AM
    Because that was the only feature that iOS 6 brings to the table.

Typical thick skulled users....Why benefit from technology as a whole when I can pick one company and complain about all the others?
    lets not exaggerate the incremental ios update.. I know some people are blown away, but I'm not. I'm also not thick skulled. The op, on the other hand, clearly is.

If you disagree, I think you may be too :s
    06-12-12 09:45 AM
    My sons 3gs runs iOS5 just fine, and the name calling is reminiscent of a child having a temper tantrum. Can't we have a discussion without it?
    To be honest, I think you lost all your credibility and when you announced you had a billion viruses on all your windows pc's, and that they work like crap after 3 years. Not only did you lose your credibility, but i wouldn't call you competent enough to actually know what is going on with your son's 3gs.

I know I'm being a tad rude here, but some people in this thread clearly lack natural selective qualities. That bugs me.
    Last edited by apengue1; 06-12-12 at 09:52 AM.
    06-12-12 09:50 AM
    I'm only on Page 2 but I think OP is being sarcastic, right? I'll read on.
    06-12-12 09:51 AM
    Gone were the days where you can simply just buy a Dell/HP laptop and feels comfortable using them in Starbucks...
    I rock my $400 Dell at Starbucks with no shame! Save money on laptop=more coffee for me!
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    06-12-12 10:01 AM
    Stop with the attacks. Keep the talk about devices and not people.
    06-12-12 10:03 AM
    I rock my $400 Dell at Starbucks with no shame! Save money on laptop=more coffee for me!
    I use my iPad or my tiny little vaio-P, no one has judged me yet, not aloud anyway. My MacBook stays at home, hasn't been booted in over a year let alone taken to starbucks. The OP is just a little overwhelmed by it all I think, he'll settle down.
    06-12-12 10:04 AM
    I use my iPad or my tiny little vaio-P, no one has judged me yet, not aloud anyway. My MacBook stays at home, hasn't been booted in over a year let alone taken to starbucks. The OP is just a little overwhelmed by it all I think, he'll settle down.
    I do like the little glowing Apple logo on the back of the laptops though. My Dell needs that. If I do see someone using a Mac then I sit with them because I KNOW they have $$$ to buy me coffee. WIn-Win.
    06-12-12 10:06 AM
    LOL, really? iCloud, siri, photo stream etc etc etc.... Considering most people are on version 2 of Android I'm not sure apple is playing catchup in this game.
    iCloud is C2D / Recently Dropbox on Android.
    Block List has existed on Android for years.
    Facebook Integration has been on Android for years.
    Do Not Disturb has existed for years on Android.
    Photostream they have that option when you view a picture on Android.
    Maps / Turn by turn navigation has existed through Google Maps for years.
    Lost Mode has existed for years on Android.
    Facetime is Google Talk.
    Siri is Google Voice Actions

Most of these features existed, before Gingerbread, which was version 2, lolololol

Catch up. Everyone is saying it.
    Chrisy and axeman1000 like this.
    06-12-12 10:10 AM
    I do like the little glowing Apple logo on the back of the laptops though. My Dell needs that. If I do see someone using a Mac then I sit with them because I KNOW they have $$$ to buy me coffee. WIn-Win.
    My HP has a glowing logo on the back
    Chrisy and Zidentia like this.
    06-12-12 10:11 AM
    I find this post really convenient. I've built my ignore list from a number of posters in this thread.
    Winning. 10 char
    06-12-12 10:15 AM
    My HP has a glowing logo on the back
    It does!? Now I am embarrassed. Mine doesn't. I can never show my face in Starbucks again!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 06-12-12 at 10:35 AM.
    kbz1960 and MasterOfBinary like this.
    06-12-12 10:18 AM
    iCloud is C2D / Recently Dropbox on Android.
    Block List has existed on Android for years.
    Facebook Integration has been on Android for years.
    Do Not Disturb has existed for years on Android.
    Photostream they have that option when you view a picture on Android.
    Maps / Turn by turn navigation has existed through Google Maps for years.
    Lost Mode has existed for years on Android.
    Facetime is Google Talk.
    Siri is Google Voice Actions

Most of these features existed, before Gingerbread, which was version 2, lolololol

Catch up. Everyone is saying it.
    Well, when your OS is a direct copy of iOS you'd expect a few features to be duplicated wouldn't you
    pilsbury and jivegirl14 like this.
    06-12-12 10:22 AM
    It does!? Now I am embarrassed. I can never show my face in Starbucks again!
    yep. It's actually brighter then this photo shows as I've used flash in my dark house.

Chrisy likes this.
    06-12-12 10:26 AM
    Keyword "my personal experience" = why I prefer Mac.

Your personal experience = why you prefer, well...whatever you prefer.

Not sure what the issue is...

It is one thing to perfer Mac... quite another to compare a personal experience and make it sound like the competion is crappy... My point was simple.... I do not tell my clients a Mac laptop is inferior or less useful due to my "bad" personal experience with my Mac.... I have n fact steered 1/4 of my clients to Mac Laoptops because it fits their needs..... Heck... I even purchased one..... both platforms have pros and cons....A|nything can break.... or not work right...... From your origional post I did not come away with the idea there was anyting good about PC Laptops.... When you use "personal experience" as your gudeline to knock something out it does not do anyone one any good.....
    06-12-12 10:27 AM
    Wonder how many of the people posting in this thread actually took the time to watch the presentation? I did, and it only reinforces my opinion that Apple produces superior devices.
    06-12-12 10:30 AM
    Well, when your OS is a direct copy of iOS you'd expect a few features to be duplicated wouldn't you
    Android started in 2003 long before iOS was ever dreamt up. iOS has copied Android and has for years.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-12-12 10:30 AM
    I swear to god I will pay real money if people would stop chanting 'isheep' like its some magical I WIN THE INTERWEBZ automatic win/end of argument. All it does is make the person using it sound like an . It's getting to the point where I'm almost reading posts that say nothing but "I...but...I sheep! Isheep!"

Enough already.

As far as "android is the better OS" - I can honestly say its the one OS I don't know if I would give another shot to without a major overhaul. The SGS3 is tempting but I need to see some major stability improvements. The last week we've had a lot of troubleshooting phones in store for instability and every single one was Android. I liked my SGS and my Desire but I didn't like the bugs I dealt with and I really didn't like all the ROM flashing and amount of work it felt like to constantly be checking on bug fixes for ROMs and performance issues. It felt like a job at times. I thought I was alone in that but I had a customer who came in a couple weeks back switching to iPhone because he was sick of constantly having to research ROMs to get his SGS 2 working like it should. When he said it felt like a second job I totally got his frustration.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-12-12 at 10:38 AM.
    06-12-12 10:31 AM
    Wonder how many of the people posting in this thread actually took the time to watch the presentation? I did, and it only reinforces my opinion that Apple produces superior devices.
    I have to admit, I didn't watch it. iPhones lack some basic things that I want in a smartphone. So, until those become available on the iPhone I have no interest in that platform.

I was hoping the new update would provide some but it didn't.
    06-12-12 10:33 AM
    I swear to god I will pay real money if people would stop chanting 'isheep' like its some magical I WIN THE INTERWEBZ automatic win/end of argument. All it does is make the person using it sound like an . It's getting to the point where I'm almost reading posts that say nothing but "I...but...I sheep! Isheep!"

Enough already.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    iSheep is as dumb as all the RIM is dead threads. I did think the sheep was funny in the new BlackBerry ad though. You have to admit that!
    06-12-12 10:34 AM
    See, I wouldn't mind having a Mac laptop (Because I need the battery life) but I cannot afford over $1000 when I can get a IBM Thinkpad Tablet PC (with better battery life) for $700 which has a touchscreen and the screen rotates and flips.

Now nobody can claim Thinkpads are ****. Lower the price on Macs and I'll buy one like the Air.
    06-12-12 10:34 AM
    Android started in 2003 long before iOS was ever dreamt up. iOS has copied Android and has for years.
    Ok. Now you're stretching a bit. The first android device was the G1 (HTC dream) in October of 2008. Google development prior to that is as irrelevant as Apples development of iOS prior to 2007. Also, if you look at android development month prior to the iPhone you'll see pretty quickly that it was more of a blackberry clone than anywhere close to iOS. A simple non touchscreen portrait keyboard device.

As soon as Android can keep my Desktop, Tablet and phone in perfect sync (everything, not just contacts and calendar), and as soon as a manufacturer actually supports the device beyond 6 months let me know & maybe i'll take it seriously. Not until the fragmentation is addressed though.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-12-12 at 10:39 AM.
    06-12-12 10:37 AM
    Darn and my lenovo only has the glowing on the inside.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-12-12 10:38 AM
184 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD