man.... this machine is simply beautiful... i can't blame people for being easily sucked in into buying the device...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neff9scaCCI&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]
    06-12-12 01:48 AM
    Gone were the days where you can simply just buy a Dell/HP laptop and feels comfortable using them in Starbucks...
    W T F?!?!!? This is the most ridiculous statement ever and I now clearly undestand the cognitive age of the OP.
    Pete6, grover5, kbz1960 and 8 others like this.
    06-12-12 03:26 AM
    I don't have a problem with apple in particular for using cheap labour (not to say I don't have a problem with cheap labour), but the fact they ramp the price up to $2200 is shameless. For that level of profit, I wouldn't be surprised if they could pay Foxconn whatever is needed to bring standards up to scratch.

If you ask me, I'd rather get a top spec'd alienware desktop and still have enough for a tablet if I want portability.
    Last edited by samuelwhatshisface; 06-12-12 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    MasterOfBinary and axeman1000 like this.
    06-12-12 06:23 AM
    Whoever has many viruses on your computer... Learn how to use a computer, including your antivirus software.

OP - man, you're impressed easily. Facebook finally got integrated. You must be a really big fan.

Typical apple users...
    Because that was the only feature that iOS 6 brings to the table.

Typical thick skulled users....Why benefit from technology as a whole when I can pick one company and complain about all the others?
    06-12-12 06:48 AM
    relax... that's the 15" version... the 15" version is always very expensive compared to the 13" anyways. but to be honest, its actually not expensive for wht ure getting... i will get one for sure!
    $2100.00????? WOW!!!!!! I got a new laptop, EVERY CORD I will ever need (extra), 4 yrs. warranty, 2 digital mice, MS office, bluray/dvd, is 17.5" $ was only $1500.00... the Mac Air whatever is, I'm sure a good product, but c'mon.

Does it come with a courtesy spit?
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-12-12 07:44 AM
    Gone were the days where you can simply just buy a Dell/HP laptop and feels comfortable using them in Starbucks...
    Why can't you feel comfortable using them? Are starbucks patrons that pretentious or just morons? Do they all tease you and make you feel bad? A holes if they do. Starbucks is another over priced product for what you get.
    homer1475 likes this.
    06-12-12 07:51 AM
    The biggest thing for me yesterday is the integration between Apple devices. The Mac and iOS will operate together seamlessly (if you haven't seen the keynote you won't know what I mean). No other manufacturer is even in the same hemisphere in this regard. The
    boost in productivity with iOS6 will be big. It's a combination of small features that bring usability to the entire platform/ecosystem, nothing big or glamorous, just simple common sense decisions.
    06-12-12 08:00 AM
    I think they should have taken this same approach with their mobile handsets instead of saturating the market. They've made their phones a commodity device.
    They wouldn't have $100 Billion in cash if they'd have taken your advice. I imagine they're satisfied with their decisions
    06-12-12 08:05 AM
    Honestly, if you wouldn't want things like native 3D maps with turn by turn navigation, chatting using the front facing camera over a 3G connection, voice control fully integrated with your car's voice control system, and the passbook concept on you BlackBerry then I don't know what to say.

Sure there are ways to get this stuff right now, but they all involve 3rd party applications or hacking the device. Apple is offering all of these features fully integrated into iOS 6. That is what's impressive.
    06-12-12 08:07 AM
    The biggest thing for me yesterday is the integration between Apple devices. The Mac and iOS will operate together seamlessly (if you haven't seen the keynote you won't know what I mean). No other manufacturer is even in the same hemisphere in this regard. The
    boost in productivity with iOS6 will be big. It's a combination of small features that bring usability to the entire platform/ecosystem, nothing big or glamorous, just simple common sense decisions.
    I like that also and I've heard that they were doing that awhile ago along with ms doing the same thing and android although there aren't android desktops and laptops yet. So yes others are doing it.
    06-12-12 08:07 AM
    I like that also and I've heard that they were doing that awhile ago along with ms doing the same thing and android although there aren't android desktops and laptops yet. So yes others are doing it.

Others are TRYING. Its difficult for them because they don't manufacture the entire lineup, both hardware and software (regardless of whether you think that's good or bad). Microsoft have a chance to come closest and will, in time, with Windows, the xBox etc. Google and RIM don't really stand a chance in this regard in the short term. Google is far too fragmented for it's own good and has no control over hardware (or software in all honesty). RIM can't afford to lose focus on the simple things (phones) let alone go after an entire hardware ecosystem. Bridge was a good start though. Perhaps in time they'll grow.

I'm not saying that this integration is important to everyone but I think it is a glimpse of the future that we will all eventually take for granted.
    06-12-12 08:17 AM
    prolly next year..
    Prolly? PROBABLY best you go iPhanatic anyways... My god, nothing better than a great morning grin produced when someone demonstrates their wonderful linguistics and solid grasp of their native language. Run along iSheep... Enjoy your new toys!
    06-12-12 08:20 AM
    Others are TRYING. Its difficult for them because they don't manufacture the entire lineup, both hardware and software (regardless of whether you think that's good or bad). Microsoft have a chance to come closest and will, in time, with Windows, the xBox etc. Google and RIM don't really stand a chance in this regard in the short term. Google is far too fragmented for it's own good and has no control over hardware (or software in all honesty). RIM can't afford to lose focus on the simple things (phones) let alone go after an entire hardware ecosystem. Bridge was a good start though. Perhaps in time they'll grow.

I'm not saying that this integration is important to everyone but I think it is a glimpse of the future that we will all eventually take for granted.
    I hope RIM doesn't get into the laptop or desktop market but I do hope they can do a great job of integrating with them.
    06-12-12 08:26 AM
    Whoever has many viruses on your computer... Learn how to use a computer, including your antivirus software.

Typical apple users...
    Sweetheart, I'm not a rookie when it comes to technology. I'm very competent and perfectly capable of operating a computer. The problem is that I don't feel like I shouldn't have to deal with virus scans and updates and subscriptions if I don't want to. That's my right. I like my devices to just work. I turn on my HP, go get coffee, let the dog out, check the mail, and turn on the television before it even powers up. My Mac is on in less then 30 seconds.

Choices, we all have them. I was a PC user for years. Had one great computer and several crappy ones. What's the definition of "insanity"?
    Last edited by pri79269; 06-12-12 at 09:44 AM.
    06-12-12 08:45 AM
    Apple is playing catchup to Android. They haven't added any features Android hasn't had for years. Lol.
    06-12-12 09:08 AM
    Apple is also pushing out iOS 6 to the 3GS a 3 year old phone. Over 80% of Apple products are on the latest OS. Less than 25% of all Android devices are on either 3.0 or 4.0.
    06-12-12 09:11 AM
    Who cares? I can guarantee the boys at Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers can get you on 3.0/4.0 even if you have a 2-3 year old Android.

Most consumers I know dont even know how to update their phone even if an update exists.

Your argument is invalid, next argument.
    06-12-12 09:15 AM

Hey Xander, I agree with you! I've just finished reading the Steve Jobs Biography (could not put it down) and one of the things I took from it was some amazing insight into why Apple does things in the way it does. And you are right about the tight end to end integration - if it isn't in the DNA of the company I am not sure it can work retrospectively. But maybe it can.

I never really understood nor appreciated why Apple insisted on that before reading the Steve Jobs biography (nor, to be honest did I really care) but now I do. I am not sure Microsoft will even come that close, even with xBox. They were complete opposites in terms of integration. Google - as you say doubtful - you can see how the fragmentation is backfiring big time on them with Android. RIM... I don't know... I don't think Bridge is enough (and can't Bridge be blocked if carriers don't like it?). Anyway, now particularly as a Blackberry owner, when I look at Apple products I see them completely differently.

I just mentioned this because your post triggered my thinking there.
    xandermac likes this.
    06-12-12 09:20 AM
    Who cares? I can guarantee the boys at Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers can get you on 3.0/4.0 even if you have a 2-3 year old Android.

Most consumers I know dont even know how to update their phone even if an update exists.

Hmm yes, let me go to a third party website and ask random people on the internet to see if I can figure out how to upgrade my phone. OR I could just download the update that Apple has provided for my 3 year old device.

The fact that over 80% of Apple devices are on the latest iOS shows that people do upgrade them.

LOL if that is seriously your argument, just LOL.
    Last edited by JohnEnglish; 06-12-12 at 09:27 AM.
    06-12-12 09:23 AM
    Hmm yes, let me go to a thrid party website and ask random people on the interest to see if I can figure out how to upgrade my phone. OR I could just download the update that Apple has provided for my 3 year old device.

The fact that over 80% of Apple devices are on the latest iOS shows that people do upgrade them.
    Do you honestly think the 3GS runs iOS 4/5/6 without being slow?

Compared to the HTC HD2 which is 3 years old and can run 4.0 at lightening speeds and guess what, it wasn't even designed for android.

Not to mention the steps on XDA to follow are easy and take a max of ten minutes.

Typical ignorant misinformed Apple iSheep.

next
    06-12-12 09:29 AM
    Apple is playing catchup to Android. They haven't added any features Android hasn't had for years. Lol.
    LOL, really? iCloud, siri, photo stream etc etc etc.... Considering most people are on version 2 of Android I'm not sure apple is playing catchup in this game.
    06-12-12 09:33 AM

And that is EXACTLY what people want! to have to hack their device, void the warranty and risk a brick instead of actual manufacturer support. You nailed it. Noice....
    Chrisy and jivegirl14 like this.
    06-12-12 09:36 AM
    Do you honestly think the 3GS runs iOS 4/5/6 without being slow?

Compared to the HTC HD2 which is 3 years old and can run 4.0 at lightening speeds and guess what, it wasn't even designed for android.

Not to mention the steps on XDA to follow are easy and take a max of ten minutes.

Typical ignorant misinformed Apple iSheep.

next
    LMAO yes, let me direct my mom or dad to XDA to upgrade their phone. hahahahahahahahahaha..... The fact that upgrading it requires non-official 3rd party sites is shameful.

Is the 3GS slower with iOS 6? Probably, but it still has full factory support.

I don't even own any i products but I don't see how anyone can deny that Apple is doing it right and most companies still don't get it.

Maybe if you call me more names your arguments will be come true.
    06-12-12 09:36 AM
    You have some problems my friend. Peer pressured into spending $2000 to "feel good about yourself" doesn't sound so healthy.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-12-12 09:38 AM
    I have to say I was really blown away by Apple's "new" iOS6. Great new colour schemes, the fact that the new Settings Icon has rounded instead of sharp gear wheels, the clock hands are now rectangular instead of triangles, you no longer have to keep clicking down into menus to get to bluetooth settings. The new maps app is unreal too I'm especially looking forward to anyone with a 3GS and 4 model who will be using it especially as it has got no turn by turn navigation. These are really fantastic achievements by Apple and is going to show their huge profits and circa €40bn in the bank will be spent well with engineers and designers who are worth their weight in gold.

Keep it up guys!!!

- PS Before I get beaten to death I am being sarcastic
    Last edited by seanmccloskey; 06-12-12 at 09:42 AM.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-12-12 09:39 AM
184 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD