This whole announcement was to play defense against the media reports of sub par reception issues. Jobs made great efforts to state that Apple didn't know it was going to be an issue for a miniscule amount of users who hold their phone a certain way. However, there was an engineer who warned supervision of the issues to come with the design. Ultimately, Apple decided that the look of the device and position of the antenna is more important than the way a 'few' of their loyal customers are holding the phone. Well, I guess a 'few' of them have spoken which has resulted in this whole fiasco.
    07-16-10 02:26 PM
    I don't own an Iphone but that's a good gesture for the free bumpers. It's better than nothing. At least he is attempting to do something now.
    Agreed. I don't own an iPhone either but I think this is more than fair. Every Manufacturer has their glitches. RIM has had more than their fair share. It is still a great phone. I'll certainly be looking to it in 60 days when my contract is up.
    07-16-10 02:27 PM
    I recommend against trying that with wives.
    Exactly!
    07-16-10 02:33 PM
    I don't think its fair to offer a bumper... I would never put one of those on any of my phones... even if it 'fixed' a reception issue. I would just return it.
    07-16-10 02:43 PM
    Is this a joke so the new feature with the exposed antenna that gives it the stainless steal sexy look you have to cover it up are kidding me so $600 for a phone that you have to use a bumper for does any one see something wrong with this?
    07-16-10 02:59 PM
    Is this a joke so the new feature with the exposed antenna that gives it the stainless steal sexy look you have to cover it up are f*cken kidding me so $600 for a phone that you have to use a bumper for does any one see something wrong with this?
    Here are the choices:

1. The vast majority do not have a problem with reception. Those people can either use or don't use the bumper.

2. For people that have reception problems, they can either use the bumper (or another case), or not touch the affected spot. Since 80% of 3GS buyers bought a case, it seems likely a large majority would have used one any way for the iPhone 4.

3. Don't buy the phone.

4. If you bought it, return the phone.

5. Don't buy the phone, but complain like crazy about it.

6. Never have the intention to buy the phone, but still complain like crazy about it.

7. Just knock on Apple for kicks.

8. Knock on Steve Jobs for kicks.

9. Knock on Apple Store geniuses for kicks.

10. Go to the Apple Store and point and laugh at iPhone 4 buyers.

There you have it, the top 10 things you can do about the iPhone 4!!! Which one are you gonna do???
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-16-10 at 03:12 PM.
    07-16-10 03:07 PM
    Do you all really believe that this is it? That it's a done deal? I'm happy with my iPhone, but I do believe this case is not closed.
    Last edited by jayman2; 07-16-10 at 03:27 PM.
    07-16-10 03:12 PM
    It is not and will not be an issue for me. I bought and installed a griffin bumper before I left the store the day I got the device. As soon as Seidio makes a case, I'll put one on. Im truly enjoying this device more than I have any other Ive owned.
    07-16-10 03:18 PM
    LOL...This should be a sticky!

Here are the choices:

1. The vast majority do not have a problem with reception. Those people can either use or don't use the bumper.

2. For people that have reception problems, they can either use the bumper (or another case), or not touch the affected spot. Since 80% of 3GS buyers bought a case, it seems likely a large majority would have used one any way for the iPhone 4.

3. Don't buy the phone.

6. Never have the intention to buy the phone, but still complain like crazy about it.

There you have it, the top 10 things you can do about the iPhone 4!!! Which one are you gonna do???
    07-16-10 04:27 PM
    How do Apple haters argue with the hard stats he gave? The biggest question I have is if the iPhone 4 wasn't working for "so many" why don't they return it? (and they haven't) That is the biggest joke of all right there, funnier than anything Jobs could ever come up with.
    07-16-10 04:39 PM
    Here are the choices:

3. Don't buy the phone.

I am emailing this to David Letterman as I write LOL, although one of them should be if you purchased the iPhone 4, complain and don't return it STFU!!
    07-16-10 04:41 PM
    Yeh Im sick of the whiners online. Here's youre 100%, true, realistic options joking aside:

1) dont buy the phone

2) if you did, return it for a 100% refund

3) get the bumper/case FREE if you have the issue

There's 3 real life opitions here. Whining and crying on here wont solve the problem if you have one, so do something for yourself here about it if its so bad. But so far people would rather keep the phones and whine about it then be proactive about it.

I think the funniest thing about the antenna ordeal is how low the return rate it and how high the whining rate is.
    07-16-10 06:02 PM
    Your right the whiners which in my opinion is a very small group make all the noise. Same thing on the BB threads..... People just whine about there BB's but after 6 months of nothing but whining they are still using the same phone and still whine. I'll never get people like that.
    Bottom line whining doesn't solve anything. Action does if you really are that unhappy about the Iphone or any phone for that matter.... Return it. Apple will see that people are not satisfied with there devices and maybe work on something better for next year.
    But buying the phone and keeping it and then whining about it everyday does nothing for anyone. They still got your $ and marked you down as a successful sale in there books.

Yeh Im sick of the whiners online. Here's youre 100%, true, realistic options joking aside:

1) dont buy the phone

2) if you did, return it for a 100% refund

3) get the bumper/case FREE if you have the issue

There's 3 real life opitions here. Whining and crying on here wont solve the problem if you have one, so do something for yourself here about it if its so bad. But so far people would rather keep the phones and whine about it then be proactive about it.

I think the funniest thing about the antenna ordeal is how low the return rate it and how high the whining rate is.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TheBBman; 07-16-10 at 06:17 PM.
    07-16-10 06:13 PM
    Yeh I just dont get it people whine and then keep it.

Apple is doing everything they can to mitigate the "issue." Theyre offering a free case and they waived the restock fee. so return it for a 100% refund or take the free case. When's the last time a smartphone came with a free case of your choice?

And look at the numbers in the press conference today. .55% of people called into Apple to report a signal problem. Return rate is 1.7%, 1/3rd the 3GS return rate. And ATT says iphone 4 has less than 1 more dropped call than the 3GS. The numbers speak for themselves.

And they clearly show a 9700, Omnia II, and Droid Eris all getting attenuated signal. Heck I can get my 3GS to do it on OS4 gripping the bottom from 5 bars to 2. It happens, its an algorithm and every phone uses a different one to display -dB.

Its just the small amount of complainers making the most noise. There are 3 million sold and VERY few in proportion to the amount sold are complaining.
    07-16-10 06:46 PM
    Apple will see that people are not satisfied with there devices and maybe work on something better for next year.
    But buying the phone and keeping it and then whining about it everyday does nothing for anyone. They still got your $ and marked you down as a successful sale in there books.

I HIGHLY DOUBT people will be returning them as proven by actual numbers not HOT AIR!
    Apple will NOT get your money or mark you down as a successful sale if you return it, seriously wtf. Return it and quit crying sheesh. The iPhone 4 is Apple's biggest success, 3 MILLION in 3 Weeks are you serious! Apple will continue for something better regardless of success or failure, seems who they are.
    I seriously think a very few people buy an iPhone 4 with the intention of finding something wrong at any and all costs! Get a life! We all know the iPhone is the daddy of all phones, get over it!
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 07-16-10 at 07:09 PM.
    07-16-10 07:05 PM
    Did you read my post?? We are talking about the same thing... So wtf right back at you . Bro you are taking this a little too serious.

"Apple will continue for something better regardless of success or failure, seems who they are" did you really say this? Hahahahah take it easy man it's just a company that has no Idea you alive. Hahaha

Did you tell ME to get a life and called the Iphone The Daddy of all phones???? Hahahahaha.... If any one needs a life is the guy that calls a phone Daddy.
    Just stop your embarrassing yourself now LOL

I HIGHLY DOUBT people will be returning them as proven by actual numbers not HOT AIR!
    Apple will NOT get your money or mark you down as a successful sale if you return it, seriously wtf. Return it and quit crying sheesh. The iPhone 4 is Apple's biggest success, 3 MILLION in 3 Weeks are you serious! Apple will continue for something better regardless of success or failure, seems who they are.
    Last edited by TheBBman; 07-16-10 at 10:28 PM.
    07-16-10 07:08 PM
    Did you read my post?? We are talking about the same thing... So wtf right back at you

Yea I read it, did you read mine. You did say Apple still has your money and mark it down as a success.. really dude, really. They wouldn't have your money if you return it, I don't think that's a success.
    07-16-10 07:11 PM
    Yea they will what do you think happens when they sale you a phone?? It is a success for them. What you think apple is a none profit organization?? Every sale they make is success for them so if you buy a product from them and whine about and not return it would it be a successful sale??? YES. But if you do return would that show to apple that you were not satisfied?? Yes

So please READ good before you reply... And don't let your FanBoy love blind you bro.

Yea I read it, did you read mine. You did say Apple still has your money and mark it down as a success.. really dude, really. They wouldn't have your money if you return it, I don't think that's a success.
    07-16-10 07:19 PM
    Yea those numbers are amazing. Considering how much noise is being made on the web about this. Now for the 9700 honestly I tried it and couldn't get it to drop... I have the phone since release and never got a drop call.... But do be fair I do have great reception. My 3gs wouldn't do that ether. So maybe I won't have that problem if I get the 4 .
    Apple did give a lot options ( return, case for free, no charge). So it's up to the consumer to decide if they buy or not... If you do and don't like return it for free..... It's that simple I don't get this 40 million threads on how the phone sucks.

Yeh I just dont get it people whine and then keep it.

Apple is doing everything they can to mitigate the "issue." Theyre offering a free case and they waived the restock fee. so return it for a 100% refund or take the free case. When's the last time a smartphone came with a free case of your choice?

And look at the numbers in the press conference today. .55% of people called into Apple to report a signal problem. Return rate is 1.7%, 1/3rd the 3GS return rate. And ATT says iphone 4 has less than 1 more dropped call than the 3GS. The numbers speak for themselves.

And they clearly show a 9700, Omnia II, and Droid Eris all getting attenuated signal. Heck I can get my 3GS to do it on OS4 gripping the bottom from 5 bars to 2. It happens, its an algorithm and every phone uses a different one to display -dB.

Its just the small amount of complainers making the most noise. There are 3 million sold and VERY few in proportion to the amount sold are complaining.
    07-16-10 07:27 PM
    Guys, youre both saying the same thing!

A phone sold not returned is marked a success to Apple

Retuning it is NOT a success, and it shows. And people simply arent returning them and instead crying and complaining online which does nothing.

And it is impressive, considering it was a very limited release in terms of countries and the short supply of them/delays in shipping. I think were in agreement a VERY small number of people are doing the loudest complaining. Media outlets are just copying the story for each other, and whiners here mostly dont even own the phone!
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-16-10 at 07:31 PM.
    07-16-10 07:29 PM
    LOL thanks Stuaw... That's what I'm trying to say lol. Maybe my first post wasn't clear?? But you got so I can't see why he didn't.

Guys, youre both saying the same thing!

A phone sold not returned is marked a success to Apple

Retuning it is NOT a success, and it shows. And people simply arent returning them and instead crying and complaining online which does nothing.
    07-16-10 07:33 PM
    People buying an iPhone, especially repeat customers, have low expectations of the phone part.

All this antenna issue doesn't change what has always been know about the iPhone. If reliable phone calls and connectivity are important to you, the iPhone is not a good choice.

07-16-10 07:33 PM
    Return rate is 1.7%, 1/3rd the 3GS return rate.
    I guess that's a little better than the Blackberry Tour return rate.
    07-16-10 07:53 PM
    People buying an iPhone, especially repeat customers, have low expectations of the phone part.

All this antenna issue doesn't change what has always been know about the iPhone. If reliable phone calls and connectivity are important to you, the iPhone is not a good choice.

Lol, the iPhone is no worse for drop calls then a BB, or any other phone. I have a BB that drops calls all the time. Why argue a point that doesnt matter. Every phone has issues, its not just the iPhone and its not just a BB. And how is it not clear that the iPhone 4 really isnt as bad for the majority of users that media and people seem to make it. Have you played around with the iPhone 4? I have and I tried the grip of death and the phone I used dropped to 3 bars. I would say that is pretty damn good for holding the phone the wrong way.
    07-16-10 08:00 PM
    EXACTLY!!! For the past three years, iPhone owners have had to make certain concessions to use their chosen phone. Whether it's lack of copy/paste, lack of Bluetooth stereo, there's always been something. Reception for the iPhones have ALWAYS sucked. Regardless, we keep buying them because overall, the user experience on them is better than anything else out there.
    07-16-10 08:00 PM
186 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD