If that's really the case. Apple won't be on top for very long now that people will realize this. A CEO could not afford to not give a damn.
    I honestly think the guy just has PR skills.

Steve Jobs is the Bill Belichick of technology. "Don't give a damn what you think" attitude. I love it. And respect it even more than I love it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 07:26 AM
    Chris crocker says "leave the iphone4 alone" lol.

lololol.

But its probably to discuss the gsm model for vzw. I've read its gonna be thinner so they might also address the antenna.

I think you mean CDMA?

About time I'd say, let's see how it does on another carrier, might blow android to another planet lol

I'd love to see them battle it out on all (U.S.) carriers

10 characters
    07-15-10 08:40 AM
    If that's really the case. Apple won't be on top for very long now that people will realize this. A CEO could not afford to not give a damn.
    I honestly think the guy just has PR skills.

Since Steve Jobs as been at the helm of Apple for the last dozen years, its stock price has increased by 80X. Can you name another CEO that has been able to do that with a 20+ year old tech company in that span of time? I think most people would agree that without his leadership, Apple would never have made it to the top in the first place. As for not giving a damn, the guy basically works at Apple for free, I don't think he would do that if he didn't give a damn. Steve Jobs may well be a **** and a megalomaniac, but you can't deny his accomplishments.
    07-15-10 10:08 AM
    10 characters
    Maybe, I just woke up when I posted it lol. But to see it on another carrier would be a lot better...I'd trade in my storm for it, that is, if they fix the antenna issue.

07-15-10 10:40 AM
    For reals.......... I had my thread closed by Duvi, don't know why, but anyway, the news will now get LOST here.

Apple iPhone 4 Fix Revealed - TheStreet
    07-15-10 10:47 PM
    And is was my point... He does give a damn. For a company to grow the way apple did the CEO must give a damn. Like I said I think the guy lacks PR skills and people could be confusing it for him Not giving a damn

Since Steve Jobs as been at the helm of Apple for the last dozen years, its stock price has increased by 80X. Can you name another CEO that has been able to do that with a 20+ year old tech company in that span of time? I think most people would agree that without his leadership, Apple would never have made it to the top in the first place. As for not giving a damn, the guy basically works at Apple for free, I don't think he would do that if he didn't give a damn. Steve Jobs may well be a **** and a megalomaniac, but you can't deny his accomplishments.
    07-15-10 11:02 PM
    Maybe Steve Jobs will announce that everyone should just wait a month or so and buy a 9800. Touch screen, great browser and as a bonus-- it even works!!!!
    Sorry boys-- couldn't resist. :-)

07-16-10 05:51 AM
    Lolololololol

07-16-10 06:11 AM
    Maybe Steve Jobs will announce that everyone should just wait a month or so and buy a 9800. Touch screen, great browser and as a bonus-- it even works!!!!
    Sorry boys-- couldn't resist. :-)

This is precisely why I bought a 3Gs off craigslist. I'm a BB guy but more over a "device that works for me" guy. I like the iPhone but.......baptised BB
    We just have to wait and see.
    I'm out......
    07-16-10 08:52 AM
    This is precisely why I bought a 3Gs off craigslist. I'm a BB guy but more over a "device that works for me" guy. I like the iPhone but.......baptised BB
    I'm out......

My kinda guy!!

07-16-10 09:05 AM
    I'm out......
    Yep! Can't part with my 9700, so I want both. Kinda like having 2 cars...one for performance, one for fun! (note that I didn't specify which was which)
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 07-16-10 at 09:46 AM.
    07-16-10 09:44 AM
    Kinda like having 2 cars...one for performance, one for fun! (note that I didn't specify which was which)
    I recommend against trying that with wives.
    07-16-10 10:18 AM
    i'm watching this press conf now on gdgt and Steve totally just called out other manufacturers saying their signals did the same thing when you hold it...i'm calling BS
    07-16-10 12:29 PM
    He's announced it. Free bumper if you buy an iPhone and a refund if you bought one already.
    07-16-10 12:31 PM
    No recall guys. So if you're not happy with the phone, I suggest to take it back
    while your return time window is still open.
    07-16-10 12:40 PM
    And is was my point... He does give a damn. For a company to grow the way apple did the CEO must give a damn. Like I said I think the guy lacks PR skills and people could be confusing it for him Not giving a damn
    His PR skills are not lacking, as shown by his regular tendency to get people to believe whatever he says at one of these apple events, just look at the ipad claims of being magical & revolutionary or any of the other hyperbole that people bought into when the truth is that the ipad is a nice device in a similar category as smartbooks and netbooks that has simply made different compromises.

This latest incident will be another instance of his PR skills, they will get away with shipping a flawed design and will get away with it by making dubious claims about other hardware and giving away free cases.
    07-16-10 12:53 PM
    i'm watching this press conf now on gdgt and Steve totally just called out other manufacturers saying their signals did the same thing when you hold it...i'm calling BS
    I just read that. he named the Bold 9700 in particular. I have a 9000 and don't have the issue. i've never read of any BBs with this issue, either.
    07-16-10 01:04 PM
    Not surprised after Job's initial reaction to the problem the first day. Just more shoveling. Its total bs... You never hear of issues from people with bb's saying they get dropped calls or lowered signal strength from holding it a certain way.

Plus why didn't Jobs put it in -dBm?
    07-16-10 01:14 PM
    If you're not happy with his response then take your phone back. (If you actually
    own one.)
    Last edited by The_Maestro; 07-16-10 at 02:46 PM.
    07-16-10 01:17 PM
    You are confusing PR skills with great marketing and a very loyal fan base.

His PR skills are not lacking, as shown by his regular tendency to get people to believe whatever he says at one of these apple events, just look at the ipad claims of being magical & revolutionary or any of the other hyperbole that people bought into when the truth is that the ipad is a nice device in a similar category as smartbooks and netbooks that has simply made different compromises.

This latest incident will be another instance of his PR skills, they will get away with shipping a flawed design and will get away with it by making dubious claims about other hardware and giving away free cases.
    07-16-10 01:39 PM
    Probably free bumpers.
    Way to call it. LMAO I did not really think they were going to do it.
    07-16-10 01:41 PM
    I was simply amazed at the arrogance of Steve Jobs, with his BS about "all smartphones have this reception problem, it's not just us".
    07-16-10 02:07 PM
    Crap conference.
    07-16-10 02:16 PM
    I was simply amazed at the arrogance of Steve Jobs
    That's what brought him to the game mang. I wouldn't let up either.
    07-16-10 02:18 PM
    I don't own an Iphone but that's a good gesture for the free bumpers. It's better than nothing. At least he is attempting to do something now.
    07-16-10 02:18 PM
186 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD