Apple is holding a press conference in reference to the new i4 on Friday... One would think it's due to the antenna issues... Maybe a price drop?
    07-14-10 07:38 PM
    I cant imagine a price drop already, theyd have to go back and credit all of the phones sold since theyre under 30 days, and it seems there arent many returns out of the 3 million or so sold.

Sounds like a damage control press conference. Maybe free bumpers after all?
    07-14-10 07:41 PM
    Probably free bumpers.
    07-14-10 07:43 PM
    Maybe a release date to the other country's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 07:46 PM
    It's already out that the OS 4.1 (beta) software update doesn't fix the antenna issue...yeah, everybody knew. But Apple put it out there. Let's see what happens next....

A price drop would be nice.
    07-14-10 07:47 PM
    screw your free bumper

give me a new phone with the antenna on the top of the phone
    07-14-10 07:50 PM
    screw your free bumper

Hahaha...YEAH!
    07-14-10 07:51 PM

Will never happen unless the FCC changes their rules concerning SAR for mobile device radiation. Every phone in the market since the FCC passed the regulation has had the antenna on the bottom.
    07-14-10 09:18 PM
    It's already out that the OS 4.1 (beta) software update doesn't fix the antenna issue...yeah, everybody knew. But Apple put it out there. Let's see what happens next....

A price drop would be nice.
    I don't know why people are surprised or even writing about it. Apple never said that the update was to address the antenna problems. The update was to change how the signal strength bars were displayed, nothing more.
    07-14-10 09:28 PM
    I love whiners.

1) Do you even own the phone, or just whining to whine about something? By now its like a 5 year attitude old saying a broccoli is "icky" never even trying it. Move on instead of spreading more nonsense derailing more threads if you have no intentions to try it for yourself in the first place.

2) If you do own and and its so bad and you're THAT discontent, then return for 100% cash back
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-14-10 at 09:45 PM.
    07-14-10 09:31 PM
    I love whiners.

1) Do you even own the phone, or just whining to whine about something?

2) If you do own and and its so bad and you're THAT discontent, then return for 100% cash back

This subforum has become land of the complainers lately, mostly people who dont even own the phone and are just derailing any decent thread now!!
    I think you may have your threads crossed. Nobody "whined" in this thread. Don't turn every thread on this issue into a fight....please. We're all just discussing a phone, not the war on terrorism.

Oh...and for the record: It is POSSIBLE to support the consumer's right/responsiblity to return the phone, AND Apple's responsibility to respond to its customers' concerns.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 07-14-10 at 09:48 PM.
    07-14-10 09:44 PM
    Wasnt directed at you at all, just the constant "antenna issue" bashing. Every thread doesnt have to turn into an iphone bashing session about the antenna, mostly by people who dont even own the dang phone to begin with. Its really getting annoying that every other post is some joke or bash at this antenna thing and nothing else can be discussed anymore.
    07-14-10 09:45 PM
    I love whiners.

1) Do you even own the phone, or just whining to whine about something?
    And do you own the phone, or just defending it to defend against something?

07-14-10 09:50 PM
    Of course I own one, I dont just hang out trolling all day because I have nothing better to do like some around here

And its not about defending or going after anyone. Point is I think everyone is getting a little sick of hearing about it, both sides. It seems every thread now goes to antenna this or that, it cant stay on a focused topic anymore.

Like here, a press conference instantly turned into another antenna bashing session instead of talking about the press conference and predictions what will be discussed. It gets VERY old to read th same people making the same ignorant comments over and over again; such as "omgz givez me a phone wit an antenner that workz!" Most of these same people have never having even laid there hands on the thing to begin with to make such accusations about what is or isnt wrong with it.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-14-10 at 10:15 PM.
    07-14-10 10:07 PM
    For my prediction, I'm going for the long shot:

Apple will announce that all i4 sales are halted until they can address this issue.
    (An issue which I cannot name or stuaw might blow a gasket).

Additionally, the 30 day return policy will be extended to 60 days.
    07-14-10 10:16 PM
    Of course I own one, I dont just hang out trolling all day because I have nothing better to do like some around here

And its not about defending or going after anyone. Point is I think everyone is getting a little sick of hearing about it, both sides. It seems every thread now goes to antenna this or that, it cant stay on a focused topic anymore. Like here, a press conference instantly turned into another antenna bashing session instead of talking about the press conference. It gets VERY old.
    I think it's an interesting topic, and I have the internets to back me up on this.

It's interesting precisely because it's Apple's flagship product, their approach to design and problematic history with AT&T.

It's fascinating on a few levels. It starts with a novel design that first appears to be style driven. Apple explains it by the need to improve reception, which immediately brings to mind its problems with AT&T which is driving people bonkers. And now that it's out it appears to create new reception problems. A fix that creates a new problem is interesting.

Then there is the admission that the iPhone has misrepresented signal strength until now, again reminding everyone of the AT&T angle.

Then there is the issue itself which is hard to define thanks to RF being a tricky medium.

And finally there's Apple's initial response which sounded out of touch and almost comical.

So much in this, I think it will be remembered for a long time even if they fix the problem.

07-14-10 10:21 PM
    I think it's an interesting topic, and I have the internets to back me up on this.

It's interesting precisely because it's Apple's flagship product, their approach to design and problematic history with AT&T.

It's fascinating on a few levels. It starts with a novel design that first appears to be style driven. Apple explains it by the need to improve reception, which immediately brings to mind its problems with AT&T which is driving people bonkers. And now that it's out it appears to create new reception problems. A fix that creates a new problem is interesting.

Then there is the admission that the iPhone has misrepresented signal strength until now, again reminding everyone of the AT&T angle.

Then there is the issue itself which is hard to define thanks to RF being a tricky medium.

And finally there's Apple's initial response which sounded out of touch and almost comical.

So much in this, I think it will be remembered for a long time even if they fix the problem.

Yes...exactly.
    07-14-10 10:27 PM

There are other facets to this story as well:

People love to knock others down to their level.

Steve Jobs is lacking in social skills (PR).

Litigation is out of control.
    07-14-10 10:56 PM
    Apple is holding a press conference in reference to the new i4 on Friday... One would think it's due to the antenna issues... Maybe a price drop?
    Hey man , good to see yah , im pretty sure their only option is to say , its an issue , and we can go to our local apple or att stores and pick up or free bumpers .. simple as that lol .
    07-15-10 12:16 AM
    Steve Jobs is the Bill Belichick of technology. "Don't give a damn what you think" attitude. I love it. And respect it even more than I love it.
    07-15-10 12:39 AM
    Maybe they're gonna give them away for free. No contract, no line even!!!
    LOL :-)

07-15-10 05:03 AM
    No way. He will not give free bumper. What will and about those who already got a bumper or duct tape outside apple store? Instead 30 cash back?

They will probably say that's the design n u are encouraged to hold it differently with style. Besides, its FCC approved. Then they will brag about low return rate and said 30days return at 0 cost. Don't think they will even mention the consumer report testing. Its not endorse by apple. Then he will say even rim or droid phone will suffer reception issues. However the ip4 is tested indeed having better reception. Of course he won't say what area or location expect bad reception. He will say its network coverage issue.

Its just same as rim. Nothing new at the meeting. Just emphasis on what's good. Existing good.

07-15-10 05:32 AM
    Oh. Misunderstanding. I meant give the whole PHONE away-- for free. No contract. No line. To be used as a door stop!!! LOL :-)
    I'm kidding flame boys

07-15-10 06:28 AM
    Chris crocker says "leave the iphone4 alone" lol.

But its probably to discuss the gsm model for vzw. I've read its gonna be thinner so they might also address the antenna.

About time I'd say, let's see how it does on another carrier, might blow android to another planet lol

07-15-10 06:58 AM
    Steve Jobs is the Bill Belichick of technology. "Don't give a damn what you think" attitude. I love it. And respect it even more than I love it.
    Belichick is an overrated arrogant ***...he couldn't break .500 in Cleveland and never really won anything without Brady

07-15-10 07:11 AM
186 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD