no USB ports= a big fail
    No wifi on the 9630 Tour #big fail, but i mean who's really cares right it works for you just like the iPad will work for those who purchased it knowing there is no usb.
    04-06-10 02:09 PM
    I was playing with one at the apple store yesterday for more then 30 minutes and was very impressed. It actually worked really well and didn't freeze or hang up at all. It was very fluid and smooth. (Wish RIM could make something that worked as fluidly as apple's products).

Why is not having a USB port a huge deal? You can still get files on and off of it and you can still connect it to your computer. No USB isn't a huge deal to me at all.

I will probably get one later down the road. I just want to see what they can be used for and what apps will be made for it.
    I'm thinking about getting one. Not likely, but I might once the apps are cheaper. They're pretty damn expensive right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 03:13 PM
    I'm thinking about getting one. Not likely, but I might once the apps are cheaper. They're pretty damn expensive right now.

yea your right the really good gaming apps are also pretty high. like i wanted to play need for speed (which i did buy) but it was 15 bucks, i guess with all the work they put into the graphics, and easy game play its understandable, but man thats steep.
    04-06-10 03:49 PM
    I think the people who are waiting for the 3G models will be happy they won't have to deal with the problems some early adopters are having. Someone mentioned waiting until the kinks get worked out and that seems to be a good strategy.

04-06-10 05:14 PM
    as far as technical problems, i wonder what kind people have been having
    04-06-10 05:16 PM
    There seem to be wifi, overheating and powering up after shut down. Two members of my team and were heading over to the Apple store in Pentagon City to check them out after work when they said they had heard about this.
    iPad Problems Already Surfacing, Won’t Power Up After Shut Down | GadgetReview
    iPad Problems: Users' BIGGEST Complaints So Far (PHOTOS)

***Edit - seems the problems are not only U.S. based. However, Apple has offered solutions on their website.

BBC News - Apple iPad users report wi-fi problems

I anticipate that AT&T will get some irate customers if there are software issues that may hinder connection later on. Apparently something similar happened with other laptops but those were solved????

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 04-07-10 at 06:41 AM.
    04-06-10 05:28 PM
    I got my Ipad on Thursday and have barely put it down since. I know that some people won't like it but everyone that I have shown it to has been impressed. If you have one download the Netflix app you won't be disappointed!
    04-10-10 10:28 PM
    The iPad looks cool but way too expensive. if it was $300 i'd get it.
    04-10-10 11:06 PM
    My ippad should be here on the 13th. It was the netflix app that finally pushed me over the edge to purchase. I really looked at what I use my lap top for and decided this could work well for me.

I hope the wifi problem isn't an issue for me.
    04-10-10 11:15 PM
    My ippad should be here on the 13th. It was the netflix app that finally pushed me over the edge to purchase. I really looked at what I use my lap top for and decided this could work well for me.

I hope the wifi problem isn't an issue for me.
    I only want it for the gaming. An ipad could never replace my laptop.
    04-10-10 11:21 PM
    I only want it for the gaming. An ipad could never replace my laptop.
    You're going to get tired of your iPad very fast...

I want an iPad. It would definitely replace my laptop as my portable internet/media-player.
    04-10-10 11:36 PM
    You're going to get tired of your iPad very fast...

I want an iPad. It would definitely replace my laptop as my portable internet/media-player.
    That's why I'm not buying it anymore. Games on my iPhone are already boring as is and I can only imagine it would be similar on the iPad now that I think about it. It's still a great device though.
    04-10-10 11:38 PM
    That's why I'm not buying it anymore. Games on my iPhone are already boring as is and I can only imagine it would be similar on the iPad now that I think about it. It's still a great device though.
    Yeah, I hate most of the games on my iPhone.

The iPad is great though. I really want one so I can browse the web easier. It's extremely fast too.

The biggest downside is the price of the apps. They're just so damn expensive compared to the iPhone apps.

04-11-10 12:02 AM
    Yeah, I hate most of the games on my iPhone.

The iPad is great though. I really want one so I can browse the web easier. It's extremely fast too.

The biggest downside is the price of the apps. They're just so damn expensive compared to the iPhone apps.

Hopefully, they will come down. I remember when the App Store came out it was a similar story, games were like 7.99, 9.99, and they eventually came down to a reasonable level.
    04-11-10 01:30 AM
    The iPad is where we've wanted to be technologically for a good while now. Yes, there have been tablets before but none have presented and functioned like the iPad does.

For sure though, it's no where near where it can be. Just like how iPhone 3G (2nd verison) really took things to the next level, I think iPad 2G will be epic... looking forward to a front facing camera and a few other little things and then I think it can replace a laptop.
    04-11-10 03:32 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD