03-31-10 08:29 PM
    This guy David Pogue is one of my favorite tech journalist so it's good to see his iPad review is finally out check it out.

State of the Art - David Pogue’s Review of the iPad - NYTimes.com
    03-31-10 08:53 PM
    iPad=Classic Fail... just as I thought.
    03-31-10 10:11 PM
    03-31-10 10:25 PM
    I like the review and kind are similar to my thoughts. Not really a device a true techie would be wowed by but one that "regular" people would. There are more "regular" people than techies so this could bode well for Apple. Apple makes products for general consumers that are easy to use and do what it does great. And this probably will be no different. Anyhow, I picking mine up on sat.
    04-01-10 12:02 PM
    I have a MacBook Pro and my iPhone 3Gs, very little reason for me to have an iPad.

I may get one in the future though, ya never know
    04-01-10 01:21 PM
    And can you imagine walking around a parking lot with a unit the size of your mackbook looking for your lost car with the "where's my car" app that I saw for the ipad today.
    At least if you were using the mackbook you could close it so the screen might survive the trip around the mall in a cart.
    04-01-10 04:44 PM
    And can you imagine walking around a parking lot with a unit the size of your mackbook looking for your lost car with the "where's my car" app that I saw for the ipad today.
    At least if you were using the mackbook you could close it so the screen might survive the trip around the mall in a cart.
    why would you even do that with an iPad. its clearly designed not to be a walk around accessory (thats what the iPhone is for). Maybe thats something you would do, but yes if you did you would look like a person who road th shot bus to school.
    04-01-10 06:37 PM
    thats what I've been saying all a long..
    04-01-10 06:39 PM
    I think we can all agree this is the usual determination from techie people. Regular joes love this thing, which is why its selling well.
    04-01-10 06:40 PM
    I'll never buy it or any other tablets really. I have a laptop (which has more power than any of those watered down "mini computers") and a Droid which has a large enough screen and is small enough for me to carry anywhere. When I'm at home, my laptop gets used a lot. When I'm out, my Droid gets used. End of story.
    My laptop and Blackberry both get used for work, My iPhone and iPad will both be used for pleasure and personal use
    04-01-10 08:16 PM
    Steve Jobs can sell and market a brick with a LCD built in. However, it's annoying people buying into all of the hype and not seeing it for what it really is. It's not going to revolutionize computing or anything. I'd much rather wait a couple years for a well built convertible do you call it? The small laptop with a touch screen you can flip around and use it like that? I could use it as a toy, and as a computer for working purposes. Yeah, the iPad runs awesomely smooth and looks fun, but I browse the web and watch youtube on my phone just fine. I wouldn't use this for school/work purposes, and I wouldn't use it when I'm lounging around because I have a 13.3" laptop that works fine. I dunno, it seems Apple fanboys and people who want to be cool will eat these up. But I still can't imagine how this will be a laptop replacement, and if it's in its own category, I don't really get that either. It's just another toy for teens with a lot of time on their hands IMO. People who work 9-5, have families, etc.: When will they find the time to browse the web on this toy? It's a lot of money for something to sit around all day. I just don't get it lol sorry for my rant, flame on!!
    Last edited by willyg44; 04-01-10 at 08:42 PM.
    04-01-10 08:38 PM
    I work 12 to 12 with a 5 month old, and that's not including the random formation my 1sgt feels like having after I get off work, and I'll have plenty of time to use my iPad. To each his own really. Your logic to speak for people with a 9-5 and kids is a sorry approach.
    04-01-10 08:44 PM
    I work 12 to 12 with a 5 month old, and that's not including the random formation my 1sgt feels like having after I get off work, and I'll have plenty of time to use my iPad. To each his own really. Your logic to speak for people with a 9-5 and kids is a sorry approach.
    12-12? So you must be either getting no sleep, or using your iPad at work, slacker!! It's just an odd concept thinking people are going to be carrying around iPads when they go out or something. Are people going to be at bars on their iPads? Then you'd have to carry a bag for it? The whole thing just seems odd to me!! And if it doesn't have a data plan it's kinda useless if it's being used away from home/work, which is another 30 bucks/month hmph. Anyway, just saying my opinions, obviously others will differ. Just explaining my confusion
    04-01-10 08:53 PM
    It's called pre deployment training for the deployment to Afghanistan. On the clock 24 hours since were deploying anyday now. No slacking involved. And although you manage your time obviously different from others it's understandable why you in your specific case can't grasp the concept of people having time to use one.
    04-01-10 08:57 PM
    It's called pre deployment training for the deployment to Afghanistan. On the clock 24 hours since were deploying anyday now. No slacking involved. And although you manage your time obviously different from others it's understandable why you in your specific case can't grasp the concept of people having time to use one.
    Chill man, I wasn't getting personal or seriously saying you were slacking hence the wink face. There are people in my position who would agree, and people in your position I guess who have time to use the iPad during work. Just a friendly convo.
    04-01-10 09:09 PM
    I still don't understand why I would need an iPad. It just is a blown up iPod Touch (yes, I own one). I may would think about buying one if it would run OS X, had some USB ports and a big HD. But come on, max storage only is 64GB, no USB ports and it will be a pain to change the battery like in most other Apple mobile products.

Thing is, Steve Jobs understands how to create the need for an product that actually is not needed. It is not like the iPad can do stuff that nobody has seen before.
    04-01-10 09:28 PM
    Seems to me that everyone is assuming that everyone has either an iPhone/iPod touch and/or a laptop. Believe it or not some people still have a desktop and use other mobile devices like a blackberry. So for them an iPad or any other tablet is a good device that fits between. It would be kinda silly to take apart the desktop and take it up to the bed with you every night when you want to read or browse the web before you go to bed. And browsing on a BB browser.... seriously? Point is, some people will find it useful someone somewhere. Just because it isn't you don't mean no one can use it.
    04-01-10 09:57 PM
    I just got done playing with the ipad. I might not have a need for it since I have a laptop, ipod touch and bb storm and I wouldn't mind getting one. Nice to have something bigger then an ipod touch screen but but as big as a laptop. But for the price of it, id rather just buy a netbook for $200 less but more power.

It was cheaper like $250-$350 ish then I might consider it but anything more is just too much.
    04-03-10 08:27 PM
    I'm glad I got it. It's been very fun to use and I didn't think I was going to like a scaled back device so much. I found it very useful while sitting the couch and laying in the bed reading and browsing the web. I already have a laptop so Im not interested in a net book. Actually I'm not interested in anything with windows on it. But so far I'm satisfied. I don't see myself taking it out the house except when I have meetings and when I'm teaching class at church. This will be my note taker and it will contain all my notes. Now my wife wants one lol. She wants to sell her laptop now. She only uses the laptop to browse the web so she wants something fun to use and has very little maintenance and doesn't need to be "figured" out. I'll see about getting her one
    04-03-10 09:17 PM
    I'm glad I got it. It's been very fun to use and I didn't think I was going to like a scaled back device so much. I found it very useful while sitting the couch and laying in the bed reading and browsing the web. I already have a laptop so Im not interested in a net book. Actually I'm not interested in anything with windows on it. But so far I'm satisfied. I don't see myself taking it out the house except when I have meetings and when I'm teaching class at church. This will be my note taker and it will contain all my notes. Now my wife wants one lol. She wants to sell her laptop now. She only uses the laptop to browse the web so she wants something fun to use and has very little maintenance and doesn't need to be "figured" out. I'll see about getting her one
    Hahaha that's so funny my wife just said the same exact thing, she wants to sell her laptop and get one for herself now. Since she doesn't use her laptop except for browsing and doing papers for class which she emails in.
    04-03-10 10:53 PM
    no USB ports= a big fail
    04-04-10 11:15 AM
    I was playing with one at the apple store yesterday for more then 30 minutes and was very impressed. It actually worked really well and didn't freeze or hang up at all. It was very fluid and smooth. (Wish RIM could make something that worked as fluidly as apple's products).

Why is not having a USB port a huge deal? You can still get files on and off of it and you can still connect it to your computer. No USB isn't a huge deal to me at all.

I will probably get one later down the road. I just want to see what they can be used for and what apps will be made for it.
    04-04-10 12:07 PM
    Like previously said. There is no reason for me to have one. But id end up buying one when the prices come down, just to say i have one lol.

On a Novalty Basis.
    04-06-10 11:21 AM
    no USB ports= a big fail
    No wifi on the 9630 Tour #big fail, but i mean who's really cares right it works
    04-06-10 02:09 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD