Apple announced their iCloud initiative a few minutes ago at their developer conference.

Here are some summaries:

PlayBook Geek: Apple iCloud Postmortem

Hey! I was pretty much correct with my predictions a week ago:

PlayBook Geek: The Apple iCloud

I even got the death of MobileMe right

My Postmortem: YAWN.

My Next Prediction: Apple will do much better than it did with Mobile Me. The differentiator between cheap $200 tablets and premium $500 tablets will be the underlying services like those provided by Apple iCloud.

The Ramifications for RIM: Want do you want to be? One of the many $200 cut-rate commodity tablets or one of the few $500 tablets that will dominate mobile computing for the next decade?
    Last edited by PlayBookGeek; 06-06-11 at 03:22 PM.
    06-06-11 03:04 PM
    What kill me is RIM has the NOC, and the infrastructure in place to offer secure cloud services right now. Maybe that is later in the "10 year plan". I just want new management at RIM from the top down. Mike and Jim's vision that got them where they are is obviously not going to be enough to get them to where they need to be to compete. Time for new blood and new ideas.
    06-06-11 03:10 PM
    wrong forum section?
    06-06-11 03:16 PM
    What kill me is RIM has the NOC, and the infrastructure in place to offer secure cloud services right now. Maybe that is later in the "10 year plan". I just want new management at RIM from the top down. Mike and Jim's vision that got them where they are is obviously not going to be enough to get them to where they need to be to compete. Time for new blood and new ideas.
    and new phones. i understand people like their bolds and what not but im about done with my torch. i don't want to go iphone because of the extra fees and jobs, god i hate his smug **** eating grin he always gives, i wanna smack him in the face with a pogo stick so much. but anyways rim needs to get rid of the old completely, im talking scrap any and all plans to refresh any of the old phones from the torch back. they need to release a phone that will seriously cause your head to explode if your not wearing proper saftey gear. after seeing the torch2 the playbook will be my last blackberry product thus far. ive grown to hate my torch rather quick. i would go android but the more i look at it the more i feel like they release a new android powered phone every other month.

out with the old in with the new ffs!
    Last edited by drethos; 06-06-11 at 03:21 PM.
    06-06-11 03:18 PM
    wrong forum section?
    No. The question posed says it all:

The Ramifications for RIM: Want do you want to be? One of the many $200 cut-rate commodity tablets or one of the few $500 tablets that will dominate mobile computing for the next decade?

Ignoring competitors is not something RIM or its users should be doing right now
    06-06-11 03:21 PM
    to me, iCloud is BlackBerry Protect with more features. simplistic i know, but not too far off in reality
    06-06-11 03:22 PM
    It looks to me that the are are finely getting away from th ipads dependency on a pc

and do they have a right to your data since it resides on their server.
    all my emails are already synched so what new with that. year of the copycat indeed.
    06-06-11 03:29 PM
    iCloud data security concerns:

iCloud Raises Serious Data Security Concerns | PCWorld Business Center

(maybe that was an overreaction)
    06-09-11 02:42 AM
    HAHA. I like how you think RIM could provide this service right now... 1. Between BIS and Blackberry ID they are headed in that direction 2. They cannot do that AT ALL right now, the iCloud Data Center cost Apple $1 billion, and RIM isn't growing like Apple is right now so spending such an obscene amount on something that would do nothing to help their BES clients (the majority of Blackberry users at the moment) seems a waste to them.
    06-09-11 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD