'iPhone vs Android' report finds Apple has three times Google's market share -- Engadget

Shows the market share of all smartphone platforms. Kind of puts things into perspective while everyone was raving because a lot of Android phones sold. Well Android still has a long way to go to catch up to iPhone and iPhone is getting closer to Blackberry. Imagine if iPhone was on more than one carrier.... what would the numbers look like then? Not bad for having one device on one carrier per year.
    06-05-10 06:27 PM
    Nice article, it's nice to see that Apple is closing in on RIM and the fact that it's only on one carrier is pretty solid ground to stand on... I bet that number would double if it was on multiple carriers
    06-05-10 08:51 PM
    Nice article, it's nice to see that Apple is closing in on RIM and the fact that it's only on one carrier is pretty solid ground to stand on... I bet that number would double if it was on multiple carriers
    Heck I would bet that Apple and the iPhone would be number one if they just went to VZW.
    06-05-10 10:59 PM
    Andriod and iPhone are typically the same phone user types.
    I see Android numbers increasing more at the expense of apple than rim.
    If I was buying a media centric phone it would defiantly be the iPhone over the Android line of phones.
    06-06-10 12:21 AM
    and I'm sure once they go LTE it probably will lol
    06-06-10 12:40 AM
    I see Android numbers increasing more at the expense of apple than rim.
    I dont think that at all, especially not with the new iphone a week or 2 out.

If anything WM will continue to lose people to Android as well as people bored with BB being so stale.

I dont think in general Apple loses nearly as many people to Android as WM and BB. Remember the iphone DOES have the highest consumer satisfaction (somewhere near 80%) for the last few years, and the next highest being well below. RIM being only somewhere in the mid-40% range. Sounds like there are a ton more dissatisfied RIM customers than Apple.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-06-10 at 12:52 AM.
    06-06-10 12:49 AM
    I dont think that at all, especially not with the new iphone a week or 2 out.

If anything WM will continue to lose people to Android as well as people bored with BB being so stale.

I dont think in general Apple loses nearly as many people to Android as WM and BB. Remember the iphone DOES have the highest consumer satisfaction (somewhere near 80%) for the last few years, and the next highest being well below. RIM being only somewhere in the mid-40% range. Sounds like there are a ton more dissatisfied RIM customers than Apple.
    Myself being one of RIM's dissatisfied customers and jumped ship last December lol
    06-06-10 11:15 AM
    same here was a 9000 owner and never thought Id buy an Apple product but got a 3GS last July
    06-06-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD