Is Apple Getting Old?? Samsung's ads make u think so. I hope RIM sees this and learns, I have always thought Apple has been stale, But I have seen a lot more talk about it since Samsung is making them look that way in their new ads. More people are agreeing that Apple is falling lil by lil and Samsung is now the top dog. All I have to say is if RIM comes out with some GREAT ADS, RIM will see a come back, They need to be seen, Till this day People know NOTHING about BB10. RIM better know what they are doing. All now we should be seeing Ads like (Coming Soon), Make people excited and anxious.
    11-28-12 03:50 PM
    Samsungs ads have helped, I'm sure. But anyone who has been paying attention to the mobile device market probably already realized it. Then again, there's those of us that thought it was boring since day-1, haha
    11-28-12 04:02 PM
    Nope.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    11-28-12 04:06 PM
    Is Apple Getting Old?? Samsung's ads make u think so. I hope RIM sees this and learns, I have always thought Apple has been stale, But I have seen a lot more talk about it since Samsung is making them look that way in their new ads. More people are agreeing that Apple is falling lil by lil and Samsung is now the top dog. All I have to say is if RIM comes out with some GREAT ADS, RIM will see a come back, They need to be seen, Till this day People know NOTHING about BB10. RIM better know what they are doing. All now we should be seeing Ads like (Coming Soon), Make people excited and anxious.
    Rim doesn't know how to market. And besides ripping on a certain device isn't the best marketing plan IMO! Apple knows how to market and doesn't rip on a specific device. Stale? Explain please!
    11-28-12 05:02 PM
    The "Apple getting stale" talk is hardly Samsung specific at all... It's not even really related to Samsung in the first place, unless you really think that all the various blogs and other news sources are now funded by Samsung...
    11-28-12 09:04 PM
    The "Apple getting stale" talk is hardly Samsung specific at all... It's not even really related to Samsung in the first place, unless you really think that all the various blogs and other news sources are now funded by Samsung...
    Agreed buddy. I don't think iOS is stale at all. Is it perfect no! But again what is. Jmo
    11-28-12 09:13 PM
    I've not seen the Samsung ads, but I can't help but feel that Apple is getting stale - and here I'm talking from a guy who has the full Apple 'environment' - MacBook Air, iPhone 4, iPad 2.

What was once cutting edge on the mobile OS front (albeit it primarily as content delivery from iTunes to the hardware) and hardware the was innovative, now simply is boring. Apple seems determined to embed unwanted or Beta software into the OS while failing to improve the current stock of apps, while recent hardware releases have simply been variations on products they've already produced. There's nothing wrong with that - IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke....) - but when other manufacturers (from your favourite online ebook provider through to your favourite online search company) can offer well-reviewed products capable of much of what iOS and its hardware can - and often with better capabilities and specs, for less - it may be time for Apple to stop resting on its past and get its sh*t together.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 11-30-12 at 07:38 AM.
    11-29-12 08:09 AM
    I think iOS was getting stale awhile ago. For me, it had nothing to do with Samsung ads. I've had almost every single iDevice out there and most of them are sitting in my drawer unused. My first gen iPod touch does the exact same as my newest iP4S phone(don't want the 5). It is getting really stale if you have had one since '07. I believe those that don't think it's getting stale, are those new to the iWorld. Apple is targeting those people so I don't see a full revamp of their popular iOS for at least another year. I know more people leaving iOS for Android or WP8 than the other way around. The majority of friends that I know, have had an iPhone in the past and have moved on, mostly to Android and a few recently to WP8. I've had a few friends upgrade to the iP5, but when I asked them about it, they were happy with their device, it just didn't have the same excitement it once did. Those friends that switched to Android or WP8 were all excited and loved to show what the new phones can do. I am hoping BB10 can bring the same excitement to the table.
    11-29-12 03:03 PM
    The iPhone is a app riden phone. Without apps, its nothing. The phone itself doesn't do anything unique or special. I think that the competition, including BlackBerry realizes that the apps are now just half of it. You need to be able to have some native wow factor. That answers my question of Apple getting stale.

Samsung's marketing team is doing a great job taking little jabs at Apple and showing that the phone is more than just apps.
    11-29-12 05:01 PM
    The iPhone is a app riden phone. Without apps, its nothing. The phone itself doesn't do anything unique or special. I think that the competition, including BlackBerry realizes that the apps are now just half of it. You need to be able to have some native wow factor. That answers my question of Apple getting stale.

Samsung's marketing team is doing a great job taking little jabs at Apple and showing that the phone is more than just apps.
    What can't the iPhone do? For 1 it has the best apps, best screen, top camera on any phone, Siri is solid the maps hasn't failed me yet. To say without apps it's nothing really? So what is bb? All I'm saying is I've had a bb for 5 yrs and a iPhone for over a year. iPhone is a very solid device. What's unique or special to you?
    11-29-12 05:27 PM
    What can't the iPhone do? For 1 it has the best apps, best screen, top camera on any phone, Siri is solid the maps hasn't failed me yet. To say without apps it's nothing really? So what is bb? All I'm saying is I've had a bb for 5 yrs and a iPhone for over a year. iPhone is a very solid device. What's unique or special to you?
    If the OS's of BB10(from what we've seen), Android, and WP8 were on the same form factor as iOS and had all the exact same apps(screen, camera, etc.), I truly believe the iPhone with iOS would be the worst of the bunch due to the lack of the customization and notification and it being too simple and basic(for most people, not all). So yes, without apps, the iPod, I mean, iPhone, does nothing special.
    11-29-12 09:08 PM
    If the OS's of BB10(from what we've seen), Android, and WP8 were on the same form factor as iOS and had all the exact same apps(screen, camera, etc.), I truly believe the iPhone with iOS would be the worst of the bunch due to the lack of the customization and notification and it being too simple and basic(for most people, not all). So yes, without apps, the iPod, I mean, iPhone, does nothing special.
    Exactly. I never said the iPhone was a bad phone, I just said that, without apps, it's nothing but a simple touchscreen device to make calls and text. The hardware and software is stale. Siri is nothing special. Everyone I know with it never uses it. As for the maps, maybe it hasn't failed you, but it has failed a million others. Dont you recall Apple advising users to download the Google Maps app and not use the native app (if you have 4s, its not a problem)?

Believe me, Im not defending the current BB's - they aren't the best for the majority. But I can bet a whole lot of money that, if the Bold 9930 had the apps like Apple and Android, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Seriously, take a look at what makes a phone unique (iPhone, GS3, or any other device). Is it the downloadable apps or is it the out of the box features? Is the wow factor and cool functionality there without apps?
    11-30-12 07:58 AM
    Stale or not, money is still being made, but Samsung has stepped up. It's no different than what we're seeing from the carriers-at&t, Verizon, and T-Mobile about 4G. Funny/amusing and may convert some, but, most will stick with what they are using - especially when it comes to iPhone users unless they like to utilize different platforms like me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-12 08:54 AM
    If all it takes is for RIM to "talk" about how Apple is stale don't you think they'd be doing a little better than they currently are? RIM have to release an outstanding product, period. Nothing else will do the job. "Talking" Apple's "staleness" isn't a business model no matter how much the OP wishes it was.

Samsung happen to be releasing decent products, if they weren't all the "talk" in the world wouldn't help them. RIM have to offer more than merely "talk" and "Ads" at this point.
    11-30-12 09:36 AM
    If all it takes is for RIM to "talk" about how Apple is stale don't you think they'd be doing a little better than they currently are? RIM have to release an outstanding product, period. Nothing else will do the job. "Talking" Apple's "staleness" isn't a business model no matter how much the OP wishes it was.

Samsung happen to be releasing decent products, if they weren't all the "talk" in the world wouldn't help them. RIM have to offer more than merely "talk" and "Ads" at this point.
    Oh I don't think RIM is going to do that. Even if the product is more advanced, they know they have no place in bash marketing.
    11-30-12 09:48 AM
    Every time I read these threads it hits home the point that there are clearly 2 completely different types of consumers. A lot of people like iOS because it works well. It does exactly what they want it to do, and they are happy with it. Those types of users don't crave customization. IOS not being super customizable is not a 'bad' thing... it's just a bad thing to people who require/want it. In a competitive market, different companies are going to be ahead of others at times as far as what is 'cutting edge' (a term used several times in this thread). People that want cutting edge will go to those products. People who are content with their existing products will stay with them as long as the products aren't massively behind in the race. Which iPhones and iOS aren't.

As others have said, Samsung can put out all the ads they want but they are doing well because they have the products to back it up.
    11-30-12 10:11 AM
    iOS has always been stale to me (not counting my first ipod touch), but for most users it does what it does easily with few hiccups.

I always recommend apple products to my non tech friends, the intellectually stunted, and the geriatrics.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    12-01-12 08:07 AM
    I always recommend apple products to my non tech friends, the intellectually stunted, and the geriatrics.
    Same here. I tell them, that I'm BB all the way, but without being bias, I tell them to check out the GS3 or iPhone. Heck, I even help them troubleshoot every once in a while.
    12-01-12 09:03 AM

*chuckles* How do you expect people to take you serious when you post non-sense like this?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 06:12 PM
    *chuckles* How do you expect people to take you serious when you post non-sense like this?

I actually suggest apple products to those who are unfamiliar with technology, as the interface is simple, and will likely remain the same for the next x years.
    12-02-12 06:14 PM
    I actually suggest apple products to those who are unfamiliar with technology, as the interface is simple, and will likely remain the same for the next x years.
    So why not recommend BB? The UI has been the same since forever..No?

12-02-12 06:29 PM
    So why not recommend BB? The UI has been the same since forever..No?

the UI on my BB looks nothing like what you would expect a BB's UI to look like, I don't believe apple allows for change.
    12-02-12 06:32 PM
    the UI on my BB looks nothing like what you would expect a BB's UI to look like, I don't believe apple allows for change.
    Did you add a theme? The UI on os5,6,7 looks similar.

12-02-12 06:41 PM
    Did you add a theme? The UI on os5,6,7 looks similar.

i use "leeboultradock" as it's the best theme i've seen in a long time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 06:49 PM
    i use "leeboultradock" as it's the best theme i've seen in a long time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    I see, I was talking about the stock UI...You can modify the iPhone via jail break.

12-02-12 06:57 PM
51 123