this went off in my rss feeds this morning so I figured I'd share since so many people are still holding out for hope with this junes conference.

AT&T had to do something dramatic to get the iPad," said Brian Marshall, a Wall Street analyst at BroadPoint AmTech. AT&T's move was to discount their normal wireless data plans by 50% to iPad customers.

As part of the tit-for-tat, AT&T got what it wanted. "For that pricing [on the iPad], AT&T was able to negotiate a six-month extension on the iPhone exclusive," Marshall said.
    AT&T extends iPhone exclusive in quid pro quo, says analyst - Computerworld
    05-06-10 08:04 AM
    This is an analyst saying "probably". The same analyst that was predicting that Verizon would get it. All these analysts are full of crap and just pimp stuff they are getting kickbacks for. Apple wouldn't have had to offer anything to AT&T for the iPad if they had Verizon vying for it too. They just low balled the bid to win.
    05-06-10 10:17 AM
    This is an analyst saying "probably". The same analyst that was predicting that Verizon would get it. All these analysts are full of crap and just pimp stuff they are getting kickbacks for. Apple wouldn't have had to offer anything to AT&T for the iPad if they had Verizon vying for it too. They just low balled the bid to win.
    In june this will either be proved or disproved, if theres no announcement then its more then likely true. With nothing but rumors for verizon grabbing it, i'd say this is just as credible as unconfirmed inside sources
    05-06-10 10:56 AM
    The exclusivity was always 2011
    05-07-10 06:38 PM
    The exclusivity was always 2011
    That's interesting because I thought the exclusivity was "always" 2009, and then "always" 2010 and now "always" 2011.

No offense to the fine people of Crackberry but I trust you guys no more than I trust Wall St analysts to make predictions about the iDevice. Heck, most of these Wall St analysts couldn't even predict the failure of the economic system in which they specialize.
    05-10-10 10:50 AM
    05-11-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD