Interesting article on the antenna issue. And before anyone says so the last
    thing anyone can call me is an iPhone hater or a troll. Just thought it was
    worth discussing.

Apple Engineer Told Jobs IPhone Antenna Might Cut Calls - Bloomberg

Apple’s industrial design team, led by Jonathan Ive, submitted several iPhone designs before Jobs and other executives settled on the bezel antenna, said the person familiar with the company’s design. Caballero, the antenna expert, voiced concern in early planning meetings that it might lead to dropped calls and presented a serious engineering challenge, the person said.
    This will be worth paying attention to:

Apple plans to hold a press conference tomorrow about the device. Dowling declined to elaborate on what will be discussed. A separate person familiar with the matter said Apple doesn’t plan to announce a recall of the phone.
    07-15-10 04:45 PM
    For sure the design team knew about this... these people are usually very smart and good at what they do. But i guess Sj though that no matter what people will buy it and defend it... and make a little extra of the bumpers
    I didn't expect a recall from them anyways. maybe an introduction to the new Itape ? lol
    This apple thing is sorta starting to look like a soap opera lol

nice find
    07-15-10 06:10 PM
    It is. I do think to a degree the matter is somewhat overblown but even still, the
    head in the sand response form Apple to the number of actual real issues is truly
    arresting.

It'll be interesting to see what this press conference produces.
    07-15-10 07:56 PM
    It is. I do think to a degree the matter is somewhat overblown but even still, the
    head in the sand response form Apple to the number of actual real issues is truly
    arresting.
    Agreed.

Hopefully with Apple's reputation on the line SJ will start designing as much for function as he does for form.
    07-15-10 08:06 PM
    Apple knew damn well why they came out with the bumpers. SJ is an a$$ for choosing design > functionality. He needs to know that the iPhone is a PHONE first.
    07-15-10 08:10 PM
    Just saw the clip on CNN, Jobs said "we spent the past month trying to figure out a solution", if it's true that engineers warned him before release, listening to that warning beforehand would have been a better solution.
    07-16-10 04:51 PM
    If they were aware of this design flaw then shame on them for this mistake. They have clearly put this drama (which I believe is way out of proportion at this point) on themselves.
    07-18-10 09:53 AM
    Valid points. Im in no way defending Apple/Jobs, it should have been fixed before it was released. That being said, who uses a $600 device with no case/protection on it? Ive tried to get mine (without the griffin bumper) to lose signal, and I cant. With any kind of case or bumper the issue is resolved. This has always been a non issue to me.
    07-18-10 11:04 AM
    Valid points. Im in no way defending Apple/Jobs, it should have been fixed before it was released. That being said, who uses a $600 device with no case/protection on it? Ive tried to get mine (without the griffin bumper) to lose signal, and I cant. With any kind of case or bumper the issue is resolved. This has always been a non issue to me.
    I don't use a case. I love the design of this phone so much I won't do it. So I guess I'm the guy who uses a 600 phone with no case.
    07-18-10 11:15 AM
    I'm with you on that one. I never used I case on my phone (3G,3GS, Bold, 8900,9700) and when I get the 4 which I consider even better then all my previous models I won't use a case

I don't use a case. I love the design of this phone so much I won't do it. So I guess I'm the guy who uses a 600 phone with no case.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TheBBman; 07-18-10 at 11:43 AM.
    07-18-10 11:39 AM
    I'm with you on that one. I never used I case on my phone (3G,3GS, Bold, 8900,9700) and I get the 4 which I consider even better then all my previous models I won't use a case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sweet I'm not the only weirdo lol
    07-18-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD