http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2010/09/10/apple-jp-morgan-ubs-mull-iphone-as-blackberry-alternative/?mod=yahoobarrons

Two major banks, chase and another one in he uk might be making he switch from rim to apple. These are both huge considering how Many employees they have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 11:03 AM
    "This is NOT a BlackBerry alternative. All corporate owned smartphones will continue to be Blackberrys. This is only to allow regular staff to use their own personal phone to access email." - MISINFORMATION BY SAVITZ AGAIN
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 09-10-10 at 11:27 AM.
    09-10-10 11:14 AM
    "This is NOT a BlackBerry alternative. All corporate owned smartphones will continue to be Blackberrys. This is only to allow regular staff to use their own personal phone to access email." - MISINFORMATION BY SAVITZ AGAIN
    Lol you quoted someone from the comments. How is this not a BB alternative? Employees no longer need to use a BB to access corporate email. The company wont be providing them as an alternative to a BB, but if you own one you can use it.
    09-10-10 11:41 AM
    What's happening and will continue to happen is that iPhone will get better at things that Enterprise looks for in a smartphone, same thing with Android, Palm, Phone 7, Symbian and possibly MeeGo. It's only a matter of time when all or most are on par with BB for security. Anything that hooks up to recent versions of Exchange already uses SSL which is considered by most to be good enough. You can even add a VPN layer to make it more secure. Many would say the push email function is already there or close enough. Eventually, which smartphone an employee uses won't matter to the company, and it'll probably happen within the next 3 years.
    09-10-10 12:09 PM
    ****Breaking News****

****Apple deals a possible huge blow to rims cooperate accounts.*****

****More To Follow****

Apple deals a possible huge blow to rims cooperate accounts.

Two major banks, chase and another one in he uk might be making he switch from rim to apple. These are both huge considering how Many employees they have.
    Bit of a Drama Queen are we......Too funny.
    09-10-10 12:52 PM
    well find it laughable.. and no offense to the OP..
    that nowadays Bloggers and Journalist can be used interchangably..
    even News Networks pick something up from the Blogs of people and
    sell it as NEWS..
    there's always plenty of time to recant...too bad the audience is no longer listening..
    09-10-10 12:59 PM
    I guess berrys will become the "trendy" phone...who would've thought?
    09-10-10 02:56 PM
    I work for JPMorgan and "regular" staff are not allowed to access corporate email with mobile devices. Only senior associates and higher. Everyone else who is not management cannot have that access whether it's a blackberry or iPhone. And to let you know, we are considering using both iphone and blackberry as corporate devices rather than just blackberries. A few of the managers and VPs here have already had their iPhones provisioned for corporate use but now they are looking into it being more widespread in the company where managers can purchase their own iPhone and use it. Not for "regular" employees but those managers would be giving up their blackberry (as they so choose) and using their iphone. Truthfully, many people would do that in a heartbeat if their company supported iOS and it also saves the company money on devices and any type of repairs.

I know some people like to exaggerate the facts or whatever, but just wanted to put that out their that our firm has been looking at in the Delaware, NY and Houston Operation offices.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 09-10-10 at 04:04 PM.
    09-10-10 03:41 PM
    I guess berrys will become the "trendy" phone...who would've thought?
    It's been that way for a while really. Tons of people own BBs just so they think they are important. Also, tons of teens run around with BBs as well.
    09-10-10 05:03 PM
    It's been that way for a while really. Tons of people own BBs just so they think they are important. Also, tons of teens run around with BBs as well.
    i think the 2 main reasons why you see all those teens with blackberries

1. from Mom or Dad who switched to EVO ... i meant Torch.
    2. the buy one get one promo... especially with T-mobile...
    09-10-10 08:32 PM
    ****Breaking News****

****Apple deals a possible huge blow to rims cooperate accounts.*****

****More To Follow****

Bit of a Drama Queen are we......Too funny.
    I just thought it was a good piece. I wasn't trying to insult RIM, But apparently people take it to seriously. I like posting pieces that I find a good read, nothing other then that.
    09-10-10 08:36 PM
    The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!
    09-10-10 09:43 PM
    i think the 2 main reasons why you see all those teens with blackberries

1. from Mom or Dad who switched to EVO ... i meant Torch.
    2. the buy one get one promo... especially with T-mobile...
    I agree. BB's are cheap, especially the Curves and non high-end models, usually well under $100 with contract.

Also VZW and Tmo doing BOGO is a huge reason. Parent gets a BB, teen gets one free as more of an afterthought (or have 2 kids they each get one for the normal price).

Seeing them all over doesnt make them better (or worse per say). It's just how it is because you can get them so dirt cheap unlike iphones which are one price for everyone, and not particularly cheap at a minimal 199/299 investment.

But "seeing them all over" is quite subjective. Apple isnt too far behind RIM in number of phones they ship these days.

And to the topic, its a HIGHLY relevant article no matter what the trolling BB fanboys want to scream. iPhones replacing BBs in big corporations like JP Morgan is exactly the fear RIM has had the past year or 2 since iOS began advancing with Exchange and better security features.

This just goes to show that other platforms like iOS and Android are catching up very quickly into RIM's corporate space, and we all know RIM isn't competing well in the consumer space. This was the last thing RIM wanted was to give up any corporate marketshare where a large chunk of their revenue comes from.

I for one am glad to see corporate users offered options and corporations keeping and open mind, and not sticking employees with a 5+ year old BB model that the users hate using since its ancient and could possibly be more efficient using another platform. Its refreshing to see mentalities changing from one usage model to allowing other possibilities.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-10-10 at 11:16 PM.
    09-10-10 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD