Hi everyone, i have a question in regards to the Apple Care (@70$ for 2yrs) and the VzW mthly total equipment coverage for $10-$11. mthly charge. My hubby and daughter are both moving to iPhones on Monday, and I'm really considering doing so myself

Now, from what I understand, they are both pretty much the same coverage, EXCEPT under Apples insurance, if the iPhone gets water damage, cracked screen, their insurance will not apply, so basically its only for mechanical issues, where as VzW's will cover mechanic, water, physical damage overall. So taking VzW's insurance at the mthly fee is a better idea?

I did call VzW to have a rep explain it, and this is what i got out of it. So what i'm asking is from the iPhone users, if you could please LMK if I understood this correctly and having the $11 total equip coverage from VzW will be enough?

Tyvm for any help-greatly appreciated
    07-09-11 09:53 AM
    sooo, 23 views, and no one has an answer?
    07-09-11 08:06 PM
    You might want to talk to an Apple rep about this as well. From what I understand unless the phone is in unidentifiable pieces the most you would pay is $200.00 for a replacement. I think an Apple refurb would be better than an Asurion refurb. The only advantage I can see for the Verizon plan would be if you lost or had your phone stolen plus Apple Care is decidedly cheaper in the long run.

Either way here are links to both products.

Damn can not post links yet.
    07-09-11 08:39 PM
    07-09-11 08:40 PM
    tyvm for your reply & the links for info Engire! I will check them out and see what other info I can find out of which will be the best route to go here for both of the iPhones!

thx again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 09:58 PM
    oo and just so u know through asurion u can only have 2 claims per account or per line i believe thats what it was when i had tmobile asurion sucks to deal with
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    07-10-11 10:00 AM
    oo and just so u know through asurion u can only have 2 claims per account or per line i believe thats what it was when i had tmobile asurion sucks to deal with
    thx for this foxpat, I did read about that, it allows 2 claims per 12mth period on the VzW total ins cvrg.
    I think I'm more psyched for the hubby's & kids iPhone to get here-1 on monday & the other on Tues- so I can play with them!!! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 07-10-11 at 06:03 PM.
    07-10-11 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD