How many opted for the second year of apple care? Is it worth it considering the fact most will get a new phone in two years anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 11:55 AM
    It is. I had a 2g and it gave out took it yesterday n got a 8g 3g since they don't have n e 2gs anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:09 PM
    if you get the warranty, and you upgrade to a new device, can you take whatever time is remaining and add it to the new phone?
    07-04-09 12:45 PM
    Well you only get hardware repair coverage AND technical support for the first 90 days. After that you only have hardware repair coverage for the rest of the year. You would need to by apple care you have tech support as well for he rest of the year. So basically, apple care gives you the coverage for 2 years that you had for the first 90 days.
    07-04-09 12:59 PM
    if you get the warranty, and you upgrade to a new device, can you take whatever time is remaining and add it to the new phone?
    I dont think you can. But it will transfer to the buyer who buys it off you if you sell it, so might as well sell it with the warranty added to the price adds more resale value to the phone.
    07-04-09 01:07 PM
    Ok I just bought it. Thanks guys. This iPhone stuff ain't cheap lol
    07-06-09 01:29 PM
    does applecare cover lost,stolen,water damage,or shattered screen?
    07-07-09 08:34 PM
    does applecare cover lost,stolen,water damage,or shattered screen?

No it doesnt. Think of Apple care as a extended manufacture warranty. Its not insurance.
    07-07-09 08:42 PM
    so if my phone bugs out then its covered... thats useless...
    07-07-09 09:05 PM
    Well not really it also covers battery issues too, so if your Battery dies they replace the phone, instead of having to wait for them to send it in and such.
    07-08-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD