Apple buying 12 petabytes of storage for iTunes online | TiPb

Looks like Apple is getting ready for a cloud service. That certainly will make iTunes even better. It will be good to be able to stream your media without using your storage if that's what you wanted to do. Anyone else looking forward to this? Along with the rumors about mobile me becoming free?
    04-06-11 04:26 PM
    Thankfully I don't use too much storage. But streaming music while on cell data is
    going to push people closer to their cap. Let's see what comes of this.
    04-06-11 04:44 PM
    Thankfully I don't use too much storage. But streaming music while on cell data is
    going to push people closer to their cap. Let's see what comes of this.
    Yeah I agree. I wonder if it will have a streaming service or just storage so people can have their libraries where ever the go and can sync wirelessly to a new device. Knowing Apple it would only be available via wifi in the beginning anyway.
    04-06-11 04:52 PM
    I bet 12 petabytes is a drop in the bucket compared to how much data Google has collected about users of its 'free' services.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 04-07-11 at 10:32 AM.
    04-07-11 08:23 AM
    Yeah I agree. I wonder if it will have a streaming service or just storage so people can have their libraries where ever the go and can sync wirelessly to a new device. Knowing Apple it would only be available via wifi in the beginning anyway.
    I think it is more likely to be a streaming service rather than a cloud HDD to store your own music.

I would suppose that they would take advantage of the itunes library by allowing you to upload data about what songs you have in your library and what you rated them. Then they could also allow you to rate the songs they are streaming to you and then ask if you want to buy them conveniently via itunes.
    04-07-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD