I found this and thought it was interesting and wanted to share it with everyone:

These days, many users were having to go to the Apple Store to run the jailbreak of the iPhone 4 in exposure through the site Jailbreakme.com. As we might expect, Apple has blocked access to the site and so now you can not use the service.
    Simply using OpenDNS, Apple has made sure that the visits to the Site JailbreakMe be automatically redirected to the official site Apple.com. In this way, users can not use exploit to unlock the iPhone on display.
    Recall also that Apple has already informed CNET that they have completed a patch that will fix the vulnerability in Safari and completely block the action of JailbreakMe.
    08-06-10 09:07 AM
    Why are people going into the store to do it? They can go anywhere
    and do it?

And do you mean they are blocking it on their wifi in store?

Where is the link to the story?
    08-06-10 11:20 AM
    Yeah, Im confused too.
    08-06-10 11:38 AM
    Why are people going into the store to do it? They can go anywhere
    and do it?

And do you mean they are blocking it on their wifi in store?

Where is the link to the story?
    I really did not understand that either. I think they do mean in their stores.
    I read the story on Mob2all.com
    Is there any other way for Apple to block sites on our own personal iPhone on
    Safari or any other browsers?
    08-06-10 11:42 AM
    I think what the post is saying is that people are going into the Apple Stores and jailbreaking the demo units on display. Not jailbreaking their own devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 11:43 AM
    I think what the post is saying is that people are going into the Apple Stores and jailbreaking the demo units on display. Not jailbreaking their own devices.

Yea that's what has been going on, and Apple is pissed.
    08-06-10 11:46 AM

That is so funny.....
    08-06-10 11:55 AM
    That IS classic. Steve's upset.
    08-06-10 12:07 PM
    Well I can understand it in the stores. People install all kinds of cydia stuff and then new users go try the phone and it crashes or is slow. Hurts the public image of the device.
    08-06-10 01:03 PM
    Noooooow you tell me! I panicked 'cause I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with jailbreaking so I did it at work this morning! (considering I've only been an iPhone user for a week...)

Luckily it went well and, so far....I SEE what all the fuss is about!
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 08-06-10 at 03:31 PM.
    08-06-10 03:18 PM
    That IS classic. Steve's upset.
    Some people must have WAY too much time!
    08-06-10 03:51 PM
    That's actually pretty funny. Lol.
    08-06-10 06:12 PM
    Pretty hilarious. Sounds like something I would do
    08-06-10 06:15 PM
    I remember when I went to the Apple Store by me, they had the
    DroidDoes website loaded on pretty much every iPad I tried, and
    that was about 6 or 7, 10 or 12 if you count the ones my boy
    was checking as well.
    08-06-10 06:17 PM
    I jailbroke my iphone using jailbreakme.com. When I was searching this I found a link to a youtube video of some guy doing this on an iphone in a store. I can see apple being pretty pissed, but I found it kind of humorous.

08-06-10 06:18 PM
    hahahah thats halarious people were just walking in jailbreaking the devices and then leaving hahahahahaha AWW man classic. Although funny i don't think i would have enough time to do that, but again it is halarious.
    08-06-10 06:19 PM
    That's actually pretty funny. Lol.
    So was my post until you deleted it.

Puritan!
    08-06-10 06:47 PM
    We all thought that this was meant for only the i4's on display in the Apple Stores, but read this:
    Apple Finished the Patch / Fix for JailbreakMe - Mob2All
    In so many words, do not update if you do not want to loose you jailbreak...
    08-09-10 09:54 AM
    We all thought that this was meant for only the i4's on display in the Apple Stores, but read this:
    Apple Finished the Patch / Fix for JailbreakMe - Mob2All
    In so many words, do not update if you do not want to loose you jailbreak...
    Yea I just finished reading this article in my USA Today tech email, and was like wow. I didn't think they were trying to patch it all together.
    08-09-10 10:04 AM
    I think it sucks how Apple is tell us what we can or can not do with our iPhones.
    With them doing this, it is almost like what North Korea is doing with google.
    What gives them the right to block any web site on a iPhone that we have bought
    with our own money. Maybe jailbreakme.com can change it's domain every few days or something....
    08-09-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD