Great that you pointed out all those different features are on various different phones in the market. Now you can get them all one one phone (iPhone) instead of owning a BlackBerry, a Playbook, a Windows 7 phone, and an Android. Kidding, kind of.

In all seriousness, what may not wow you may wow other people. I've heard nothing but good things about iOS5. It's all about preference. I've also heard good things about BB OS7. But I wanted an upgraded camera and Siri. The more I looked at the 9930, the less impressed I was. So I made the switch back to iPhone. Different strokes for different folks.
    exactly... my point.. i never bad mouth android.. well except their terrible battery life.. and i dont dog apple.. i have an iphone and ive owned every one.. just find it funny how people come here and talk ish like the first iphone couldnt even send pictures when it first came out.. and couldnt for 3-4months... sure apple has superior marketing.. the could sell us alll a brick wall if they wanted but to say blackberry is terrible cant be right when apple just took a ton of features bberry had for years.. thats all i'm sayin.. so i agree with u 110% you have to get what fits you.. but dont try to travel the world with the iphone because my iphone has definately left me hanging over and over on my international travels...
    10-13-11 08:15 AM
    exactly... my point.. i never bad mouth android.. well except their terrible battery life.. and i dont dog apple.. i have an iphone and ive owned every one.. just find it funny how people come here and talk ish like the first iphone couldnt even send pictures when it first came out.. and couldnt for 3-4months... sure apple has superior marketing.. the could sell us alll a brick wall if they wanted but to say blackberry is terrible cant be right when apple just took a ton of features bberry had for years.. thats all i'm sayin.. so i agree with u 110% you have to get what fits you.. but dont try to travel the world with the iphone because my iphone has definately left me hanging over and over on my international travels...
    I didn't say BlackBerry was terrible. I like BlackBerry very much. I'm glad iPhone incorporated the features I love about BlackBerry into their OS. So now I can have the best of both worlds. Features I love about iPhone and BlackBerry on one device that fits my needs.
    10-13-11 08:18 AM
    incase you also forgot there was a world outside of north america..... sales figures for blackberry in south america, europe, asia, austrailia are doing just fine... oh they also just dropped a huge chunk of change on a company....soooo i wouldnt really use that as your argument... i travel the world alot and i can say idevices are definately still the minority across the water...
    That's even better. They can use the marketing budget from those countries here in the US. I'm not sure why your getting so bent out of shape. I want RIM to do better and I think they are perfectly capable of it. Competition is good :-) unfortunately they're base doesn't put the pressure on them because they're so busy trying to convince themselves that they're already better then everyone else and therefore have no need to improve.
    10-13-11 08:19 AM
    Hey, service goes out. It happens. I didn't care that much because I don't use BBM as a main form of communication. But you realize this was a worldwide outage, right? Even if not everyone was affected, it happened across multiple continents and countries.

I didn't have BBM service (not a big deal), but my browser, Facebook, and Twitter were extremely slow (Twitter is still acting like a brat) of which I only have access to on my mobile device. I also can't check personal email on my work computer, only on my phone. Many other people are in that same boat. If you are at work all day and you can't get your personal email on your mobile, then you have to wait until you get home. What if you travel for work and use your phone as your primary source to check email? Well, now you have to pull out your laptop every time you need to check your email.

Is this outage the end of the world? Absolutely not. Is it incredibly inconvenient for a lot of people? Yes.
    agreed.. i'm in no way making excuses for the interruption.. i have my suspicions as to why it happened.. but thats another topic.. im saying that it didnt affect every blackberry user as the news outlets said... or as people on here may suggest...and ill take 3days of interrupted service over data being hacked, or sold.. atleast if im a business i can rest easy that my sensitive emails are just not being pushed to devices and not intercepted or some other security flaw... and i have the suspicion the failure was do to the server upgrades that have been taken place world wide.. as the first servers to be upgraded were the ones that happened 1st.. but time to go explore london england.. without my iphone gps... im not in brazil as it suggests.. wish me luck
    10-13-11 08:23 AM
    That's even better. They can use the marketing budget from those countries here in the US. I'm not sure why your getting so bent out of shape. I want RIM to do better and I think they are perfectly capable of it. Competition is good :-) unfortunately they're base doesn't put the pressure on them because they're so busy trying to convince themselves that they're already better then everyone else and therefore have no need to improve.
    bent out of shape... no way...lol it does tick me off abit when people talk ish about stufd and are incorrect.. but not bent out of shape.. i have a nice day off in london.. just happened to have time check the forums for useful information and i see this so i thought id have a little funn.. i in know way think one platform is better than another.. yes there are functions that are better.. some are not.. like im listening to my ipod... playing a game on my playbook..bbming on my bberry and trying to get my iphone to work properly so i can go find food... so if im bent out of shape over anything.. its this tedious 2day ios5 upgrade thing...
    10-13-11 08:30 AM
    bent out of shape... no way...lol it does tick me off abit when people talk ish about stufd and are incorrect.. but not bent out of shape.. i have a nice day off in london.. just happened to have time check the forums for useful information and i see this so i thought id have a little funn.. i in know way think one platform is better than another.. yes there are functions that are better.. some are not.. like im listening to my ipod... playing a game on my playbook..bbming on my bberry and trying to get my iphone to work properly so i can go find food... so if im bent out of shape over anything.. its this tedious 2day ios5 upgrade thing...
    Why wouldn't you just use your BlackBerry to find your location and find food? Just curious...
    10-13-11 08:33 AM
    That's probably true, but I don't remember hearing about any sort of BlackBerry OS upgrade that was ever in the mainstream media...
    Was ios 5 covered in the mainstream media?

Adjudley21 is correct BB has had Ota updates for years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    10-13-11 08:45 AM
    Why wouldn't you just use your BlackBerry to find your location and find food? Just curious...
    because google maps is far superior to blackberry maps... the gps is really gps on my bblackberry.. but the map downloads in real time.. i can use wifi in my room to download maps on my iphone and then turn data off.. im roaming right now remember.. i dont want to use all my allotted data downloading maps....lol
    10-13-11 08:46 AM
    Was ios 5 covered in the mainstream media?

Adjudley21 is correct BB has had Ota updates for years.

I watch Morning Joe in the mornings on MSNBC and they discussed it. Not sure if anyone else did.
    10-13-11 08:53 AM
    Hey, service goes out. It happens. I didn't care that much because I don't use BBM as a main form of communication. But you realize this was a worldwide outage, right? Even if not everyone was affected, it happened across multiple continents and countries.

I didn't have BBM service (not a big deal), but my browser, Facebook, and Twitter were extremely slow (Twitter is still acting like a brat) of which I only have access to on my mobile device. I also can't check personal email on my work computer, only on my phone. Many other people are in that same boat. If you are at work all day and you can't get your personal email on your mobile, then you have to wait until you get home. What if you travel for work and use your phone as your primary source to check email? Well, now you have to pull out your laptop every time you need to check your email.

Is this outage the end of the world? Absolutely not. Is it incredibly inconvenient for a lot of people? Yes.
    Yes I can't wait to check my personal email to read all those forwards everyone sends me and if someone wants me that bad they can actually call me and leave a message if I can't answer.

Yes the outage sucked and shouldn't have happened but not the end of the world either.
    10-13-11 09:01 AM
    because google maps is far superior to blackberry maps... the gps is really gps on my bblackberry.. but the map downloads in real time.. i can use wifi in my room to download maps on my iphone and then turn data off.. im roaming right now remember.. i dont want to use all my allotted data downloading maps....lol
    Not to get off topic but that is where a product like vz NAV with unlimited data works far better than google maps. BB maps btw is pretty good and displays info related to the number of satellites.

10-13-11 09:10 AM
    I am glad it did take away from the iOS5 launch. It made my updates a lot quicker...............
    10-13-11 09:33 AM
    The antenna thing is so blown out of proportion. I tried to replicate it. I can get it to drop one bar but it never loses signal. I often use the phone without a case with no issues. I did replicate the 'death grip' on my SGS, Pearl and Curve. All dropped bars when held the way people had to hold the iPhone to cause the 'problem'. The only people who consistently complain about it are the non iPhone users apparently lol
    My ip4 lost all signal (all the bars--didn't go into no signal) a couple of times when I tried the death grip. Was never really an issue in real world use however
    10-13-11 09:34 AM
    Apple and Blackberry pie... very tasty
    10-13-11 09:38 AM
    Not to get off topic but that is where a product like vz NAV with unlimited data works far better than google maps. BB maps btw is pretty good and displays info related to the number of satellites.

yea fortunately/unfortunately i have at&t so thats a no go... dont get me wrong bbmaps is incredibly goood.. just not in a pinch like google maps... for bus/ train information etc..
    10-13-11 08:03 PM
    There was a simple solution to the iOS 5 issues, just wait a few days before upgrading. iOS 5 is great but iOS 4 works fine.
    10-13-11 09:50 PM
    Hello,
    The Motorola Photon is the next 4G device in the line up for Sprint's network. The Gingerbread phone sports a 4.3 qHD touchscreen display along with a kickstand. The device seems rather similar to the Atrix, but it does seem to have it's own charm about it. The Motorola Photon sports a dual-core Tegra 2 chip with WiMAX, CDMA, and GSM capabilities. The Android device can reach up to ten hours of talk time and is powered by a 1700mAh battery. To keep your Motorola Photon protected, why not it with some of our Motorola Photon Accessories?
    10-13-11 11:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD