02-01-09 02:22 PM
    02-01-09 02:26 PM
    Should be interesting to see how they go about it. I know Jobs did not want a mobile version of flash and said the normal version would be too much. So lets see what happens.
    02-03-09 04:49 PM
    True... I can't wait myself. The mobile phone environment just keeps getting better with every company.
    02-03-09 09:45 PM
    The iPhone 3G is so weak without flash. Once they go through with that collab (although Jobs health may slow the process) I will start loving my iPhone 3G again. Until then..

FOOO-EEEEEE
    02-04-09 03:28 AM
    Its a great move on Apples part. The Palm Pre is rumored that it will be able to view flash and that device will be the iPhones competitor. So this comes at a great time.

There's some great things coming to the iPhone. Regardless what people may say I really don't think because of Jobs health issues things will be held up and/or slow down for Apple. They will continue to raise the bar and put out innovative products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 04:49 PM
    Awesome... So now we can all view flash banner ads in safari and drain our battery

Flash = not necessary
    02-07-09 06:47 PM
    Awesome... So now we can all view flash banner ads in safari and drain our battery

Flash = not necessary
    I never thought about it that way but you may have a good point. Seems like the biggest excuse for having flash on a mobile device is to view YouTube. However, the iPhone already has the best YouTube client on a mobile device. I have never felt lacking in the web browsing experience on the iPhone and can't see how flash is really needed on a mobile device.

Web surfing on a mobile device is really something that is not meant for lengthy browsing sessions. Even though the iPhone makes it easier to do for longer periods of time, and gives you a close to laptop experience, it's still not meant to replace your laptop or PC as your primary way to surf. The very fact that 3G or wifi browsing on ANY handheld device will kill your battery very quickly, coupled with the fact that the iPhone doesn't have a user replaceable battery, makes lengthy surfing sessions a bad idea for most users.

I think that unless they can reduce the affect on battery life, and it's affect on browser loading speeds, we may find that Jobsie was right to leave it out. However, I'm open to any improvements as long as they are useful.
    02-08-09 10:09 AM
    I think being able to view flash sites is a great idea regardless if it burns thru the battery or not.

Its like an option that is available if you want it. Stay off the sites that utilize flash if battery drain becomes a problem.

Its just another flashy (no pun intended) thing to have on your mobile phone. Sort of like having a 540hp daily driver. You don't need that much horsepower on the street buts its pretty cool to know you have it.

02-08-09 03:33 PM
    I think being able to view flash sites is a great idea regardless if it burns thru the battery or not.

Its like an option that is available if you want it. Stay off the sites that utilize flash if battery drain becomes a problem.

Its just another flashy (no pun intended) thing to have on your mobile phone. Sort of like having a 540hp daily driver. You don't need that much horsepower on the street buts its pretty cool to know you have it.

As long as they offer the option to disable it in settings, I'm fine with that. I find flash extremely unnecessary though
    02-08-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD