Everyone I stand corrected. I was not aware that our phones have Lithium Polymer batteries. I thought they where lithium-ion batteries.

Apple suggests charging to 100% then killing it.

I am sorry if I misled anyone>>>>>> pwinkle

So now we are back to a full charge and drain game......
    10-20-11 01:43 PM
    YOU KILLED MY BATTERY!!! . j/k I thought the same as well. Ooops.
    10-20-11 02:13 PM
    Aw, no worries AP, you've always been very helpful and based on what I've seen had already concluded you wouldn't intentionally mislead anyone .

And I have to take responsibility for my part. Must have been having a floopy day (they happen ), because I had just posted earlier that day Apple's instructions for calibrating (full charge/drain completely/recharge), and their recommendation to do that once a month.

My battery seems none the worse after letting it drop to 8% and slapping it back on the charger. It's still performing better than when new, so I'll do the calibrate steps this time around and continue once a month.

It's all good, and thanks!
    10-20-11 02:24 PM
    thats good to do once a month but it wont fix less battery due to the OS. They need a OS update to help improve battery.
    10-20-11 02:54 PM
    I did the drain last night and it worked for me as far as settling the battery down. This time yesterday I would be around 40% Still at 75% after 10+ hours.

http://forums.crackberry.com/%20memb...06-usage-shot/
    10-20-11 03:19 PM
    Well, lithium polymer is a class of lithium ion, so they're not separate from each other. It's of lithium technology so same rules apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-20-11 03:23 PM
    thats good to do once a month but it wont fix less battery due to the OS. They need a OS update to help improve battery.
    I did it too. And YES (shockingly) it helped big time. But I agree with you 100%-- we need an OS update to really fix the problem cause at the end of the day-- polymer, shmolymer... Who cares. The ip4 had the same batt and it did the day EASILY without all this conditioning stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD