I like BlackBerry but apple uses some damn good hardware. They can yes much easier than BlackBerry.

But this myth of they offer the same phone with minor upgrades is bull as every mfg does the same thing. Even BlackBerry.
    I wasn't talking about specs before I was referring to the design.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 04:10 PM
    They give you options as opposed to Apple, well I guess they do give the option to keep last years model or pay another $800 for this years model and so on. And the iSheep will line up for weeks to get one, because that's the cool thing to do and then look down on anyone not using the latest model. Society is sick and twisted.
    But really has anything changed? It looks the same each year, it has a big button and a screen. It's bigger and bendable now, there's a change. But why change what sells.

And you knock BlackBerry for releasing the Passport twice, the irony. That Passport is original and beautiful. At least other phone companies understand individuality. Not everyone wants to be a conformist you know.

Oh honey...where to start with this one...

1. All manufacturers update their devices at around the year mark. HTC, LG, Sony, etc. Of course they want people to, you know, buy them. If Apple *really* wanted to take advantage of people, they would only keep their latest OS to the latest device instead of make them available for their devices from 3-4 years ago? Sure, the older ones won't be able to run it as easily, but people who are on phones that old are surely due an upgrade anyway.

2. You say "iSheep" line up for weeks to get one...yet look at all of the people on here who would buy the BB Slider, sight unseen, tomorrow if they could.

3. I know dozens of iPhone users, and I know dozens more from tech boards I frequent. I've never seen someone look down on another iPhone user who wasn't using the latest model. Do you have an example? Wouldn't it say more about that particular person than iPhone users in general?

4. You think all iPhone models look alike? That's funny. Starting from the 4 (at least from what I can remember) the number model and its S model looked alike. The 5 didn't look like the 4s, the 5s didn't look like the 6, and I'm sure the 7 won't look like the 6s.

5. All phones are bendable with enough force. In fact doesn't the Passport have a bit of a problem with twisting and screens coming off?

6. I wasn't "knocking" anything, just calling out a bit of hypocrisy.

People like colors. Apple released the 5c which was a low grade version of the 5. BB10 doesn't need outrageous specs to be as efficient as it is. Really no phone does unless you want high graphic games. Android seems to need more processing power than it should. Apple doesn't use the top of the line specs in its phones either. Plenty of other phones have higher specs in certain areas. And even with the lack of specs the BlackBerry Browser is still the fastest one in the market. BB10 still multitasks like no other phone can. They just didn't go crazy on the specs because they didn't have to and it is cheaper for them. Imagine if they put x more $ into the specs and still didn't sell? They could have easily bankrupted themselves. Apple the same thing, use what you have to not what people think they should have.

7. The 5c wasn't exactly a "low grade version" of the 5. It was the 5, in a plastic shell. Same components, priced at the same price point as the outgoing 5 would have been.

8. Define "top of the line specs?"

9. How does BB10 multitask "like no other phone can" exactly? I ask this so many times and no one can give me an answer besides "you can listen to music on youtube with the app minimized."

10. Source that the BB browser is still the fastest one on the market?
    09-15-15 04:29 PM
    Just erased my whole post lol. Not worth typing again.
    To answer the last question, do a search for the fastest mobile browser and you'll see plenty of articles, but all from IOS 7 and below. Can't seem to find anything recent. BlackBerry browser does have an html5 rating of 466 compared to ios9 at 409.
    Last edited by kgbbz10; 09-15-15 at 05:29 PM.
    09-15-15 05:12 PM
    People like colors. Apple released the 5c which was a low grade version of the 5. BB10 doesn't need outrageous specs to be as efficient as it is. Really no phone does unless you want high graphic games. Android seems to need more processing power than it should. Apple doesn't use the top of the line specs in its phones either. Plenty of other phones have higher specs in certain areas. And even with the lack of specs the BlackBerry Browser is still the fastest one in the market. BB10 still multitasks like no other phone can. They just didn't go crazy on the specs because they didn't have to and it is cheaper for them. Imagine if they put x more $ into the specs and still didn't sell? They could have easily bankrupted themselves. Apple the same thing, use what you have to not what people think they should have.

BB10 requires greater resources to run than android. Not sure where you're getting your info from.
    pantlesspenguin and jmr1015 like this.
    09-15-15 05:16 PM
    You need to erase all of them. Saying that it costs $20 to make an iPhone shows just how idiotic an Apple-hater can be.
    09-15-15 05:27 PM
    Come on people, really?

Posted via Classic SQC100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    09-15-15 05:34 PM
    BB10 requires greater resources to run than android. Not sure where you're getting your info from.
    Because of the lower specs in BlackBerry phones compared to what decent Android phones need. Sure you can run android on low end specs but how horrible is that? It lags enough on the nicer phones out there.

You need to erase all of them. Saying that it costs $20 to make an iPhone shows just how idiotic an Apple-hater can be.
    Chinese apple labor is $1 a day per person. Mass manufacturing parts cuts costs. Computer parts are pretty cheap, again mass produced. Maybe I under exaggerated but not by much. So how much would you say they spend?

09-15-15 05:36 PM

You say "iSheep" line up for weeks to get one...yet look at all of the people on here who would buy the BB Slider, sight unseen, tomorrow if they could.
    A BB slider, sight unseen, with an OS that many of those that would lineup have criticized and condemned on this forum for years.
    09-15-15 05:40 PM
    Because of the lower specs in BlackBerry phones compared to what decent Android phones need. Sure you can run android on low end specs but how horrible is that? It lags enough on the nicer phones out there.

Chinese apple labor is $1 a day per person. Mass manufacturing parts cuts costs. Computer parts are pretty cheap, again mass produced. Maybe I under exaggerated but not by much. So how much would you say they spend?

$1 a day? LOL! More idiocracy. Apple spends over $200 per phone, just as other smartphone makers do.
    09-15-15 05:44 PM
    $1 a day? LOL! More idiocracy. Apple spends over $200 per phone, just as other smartphone makers do.
    Have you not heard of Apple's overseas workers scandels? Do you think Starbucks isn't ****ing coffee bean growers in third world countries? Have you never heard of NAFTA? Jesus, you don't even realize how much you're being ripped off now, just wait till the TPP takes affect.

09-15-15 05:55 PM
    Have you not heard of Apple's overseas workers scandels? Do you think Starbucks isn't ****ing coffee bean growers in third world countries? Have you never heard of NAFTA? Jesus, you don't even realize how much you're being ripped off now, just wait till the TPP takes affect.

Wow, you are absolutely deflecting now, as you cannot defend the "$1 a day" and "$20" statements. Plus, Apple is working continuously to improve worker conditions at Foxxcon, which you would know if you took time to read, instead of spouting Apple hate.
    From an article: "Reports depicting the Foxconn plants as inhumane sweatshops prompted Apple Inc. to hold its foreign contractors to higher standards. The Cupertino, Calif., company joined the Fair Labor Association last year as part of a commitment to improve the situation."

"We are proud of the progress we have made together with the FLA and Foxconn," Apple said in a statement. "Our suppliers must live up to the toughest standards in the industry if they want to keep doing business with Apple."
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-15 06:00 PM
    To answer the last question, do a search for the fastest mobile browser and you'll see plenty of articles, but all from IOS 7 and below. Can't seem to find anything recent. BlackBerry browser does have an html5 rating of 466 compared to ios9 at 409.

Using Opera on my LG G4.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-15-15 06:03 PM
    Wow, you are absolutely deflecting now, as you cannot defend the "$1 a day" and "$20" statements. Plus, Apple is working continuously to improve worker conditions at Foxxcon, which you would know if you took time to read, instead of spouting Apple hate.
    From an article: "Reports depicting the Foxconn plants as inhumane sweatshops prompted Apple Inc. to hold its foreign contractors to higher standards. The Cupertino, Calif., company joined the Fair Labor Association last year as part of a commitment to improve the situation."

"We are proud of the progress we have made together with the FLA and Foxconn," Apple said in a statement. "Our suppliers must live up to the toughest standards in the industry if they want to keep doing business with Apple."
    Seriously? Lmao. The $20 comment was my guess as I said in the beginning.

This one points to confusion about the wages claimed from two sources... http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/econ..._r=0&referrer=
    $17 a day to $400 a month, so right there shows bias reporting.

Then you have reports like this...http://www.knowyourmobile.com/apple/...says-nightline that say $1.78 hour. So I had hour and day confused, my bad.
    This one breaks down workers pay and Apple profits.
    http://blog.greenamerica.org/2015/03...-livable-wage/

Regardless of $1an hour or $1 a day they are still exploiting people for cheap labor and over charging people to make billions in profit. So you can say I spewing apple hate, but really I'm just pointing out the flaws in Corporate America. Cheap overseas labor and over priced goods to make a huge profit to be shared with the very top 1% and **** everyone else.

And as for the biased reporting, Apple owns it's own media Corp to spin negative publicity and make it go away. Not to mention it's lobbyist in DC.

09-15-15 07:37 PM
    Seriously? Lmao. The $20 comment was my guess as I said in the beginning.

This one points to confusion about the wages claimed from two sources... http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/econ..._r=0&referrer=
    $17 a day to $400 a month, so right there shows bias reporting.

Then you have reports like this...http://www.knowyourmobile.com/apple/...says-nightline that say $1.78 hour. So I had hour and day confused, my bad.
    This one breaks down workers pay and Apple profits.
    http://blog.greenamerica.org/2015/03...-livable-wage/

Regardless of $1an hour or $1 a day they are still exploiting people for cheap labor and over charging people to make billions in profit. So you can say I spewing apple hate, but really I'm just pointing out the flaws in Corporate America. Cheap overseas labor and over priced goods to make a huge profit to be shared with the very top 1% and **** everyone else.

And as for the biased reporting, Apple owns it's own media Corp to spin negative publicity and make it go away. Not to mention it's lobbyist in DC.

Oh, this old chestnut.

You better not buy anything if this concerns you but I'm sure you're just one of these part time bleeding hearts.

Also, you don't think BB has a lobbyist? How the hell do you think they keep government contracts in place? Quality?
    Blacklatino and mikeo007 like this.
    09-15-15 07:46 PM

Using Opera on my LG G4.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...d-time_id52269

09-15-15 07:51 PM
    Oh, this old chestnut.

You better not buy anything if this concerns you but I'm sure you're just one of these part time bleeding hearts.

Also, you don't think BB has a lobbyist? How the hell do you think they keep government contracts in place? Quality?
    How does this not concern you? Do you not live in this Oligarchy?

09-15-15 07:54 PM
    How does this not concern you? Do you not live in this Oligarchy?

Regardless of how much you choose to deflect your responsibility onto Americans, you and your country are just as guilty. Just accept it and move on.

Or, move to China and try to make a difference. Pretty much guarantee all you do is ***** on forums about Apple tho rather than try to actually change anything.

Oh yeah, why doesn't this concern me? Well, i'll start with this, nothing you said was actually accurate was it?

You forgot to say the Chinese people are lining up for these jobs and have said many times that people like you cost them the jobs and overtime that they actually want.

You also forgot to mention the reforms that Apple has put in place at its manufacturing partners in China.

What reforms has blackberry put in place at its Chinese partner factories?
    09-15-15 08:00 PM
    Regardless of how much you choose to deflect your responsibility onto Americans, you and your country are just as guilty. Just accept it and move on.

Or, move to China and try to make a difference. Pretty much guarantee all you do is ***** on forums about Apple tho rather than try to actually change anything.

Oh yeah, why doesn't this concern me? Well, i'll start with this, nothing you said was actually accurate was it?

You forgot to say the Chinese people are lining up for these jobs and have said many times that people like you cost them the jobs and overtime that they actually want.

You also forgot to mention the reforms that Apple has put in place at its manufacturing partners in China.

What reforms has blackberry put in place at its Chinese partner factories?
    So they ask to live in poverty and work in sweat shops so fat people in first world countries have the newest model phones and shoes? Fat people in first world countries like buying cheaply made Chinese products so multi billionaires can make even more money while laying off people, cutting them to part or asking them to work for minimum wage after 20 years of loyalty so the ceo can make more profit?

No. People like you will never question the status quo. There is no middle class, it's poor class and homeless. But that's ok as long as your TV programs and sporting events aren't interrupted and your car has gas so you can get to work to make that ceo a profit.

I may not be fighting the battle the way you seem to have picked for me to do so, doesn't mean I'm not battling.

09-15-15 08:08 PM
    So they ask to live in poverty and work in sweat shops so fat people in first world countries have the newest model phones and shoes? Fat people in first world countries like buying cheaply made Chinese products so multi billionaires can make even more money while laying off people, cutting them to part or asking them to work for minimum wage after 20 years of loyalty so the ceo can make more profit?

No. People like you will never question the status quo. There is no middle class, it's poor class and homeless. But that's ok as long as your TV programs and sporting events aren't interrupted and your car has gas so you can get to work to make that ceo a profit.

I may not be fighting the battle the way you seem to have picked for me to do so, doesn't mean I'm not battling.

You're not doing **** except insulting everyone and that will get you nowhere.

Do something productive then come show me what you did so you can finally make me feel bad, because you're failing dramatically so far.

Now, I'm off to get fat and burn some cash.
    09-15-15 08:10 PM
    You're not doing **** except insulting everyone and that will get you nowhere.

Do something productive then come show me what you did so you can finally make me feel bad, because you're failing dramatically so far.

Now, I'm off to get fat and burn some cash.
    Well if you feel insulted by me insulting the society we live in maybe you're on the wrong side.

09-15-15 08:14 PM
    Well if you feel insulted by me insulting the society we live in maybe you're on the wrong side.

I'm on the side of fancy phones. I'll leave the fake compassion to you. Until you actually provide some evidence of your understanding and action, anyway.
    09-15-15 08:16 PM
    This has gone off topic, I will be back to clean up later. Right now am out enjoying the sun, and you should all chill.
    09-15-15 08:20 PM
122 ... 345