on my blackberry 9930 i have an APP called offAlready. what it does it memorizes locations that i set up where i use my wifi. as soon as phone detects im outta range...say i leave my office work...the wifi shuts down by itself. when i get to my house...the app detects and turns on wifi for me. this is great since i dont have to worry about turning on wifi off and on. APP does it for me and this helps big time to conserve battery. does anyone know if there is an app that can do this for me on my iphone4s? thank you.
    10-24-11 08:36 AM
    iPhone does this automatically. No need to turn wifi off and on. It doesn't hurt the battery. My WiFi picks up my home network and bam its connected. Get down the street back to 3G walk into work bam connected to our private network NO SSID broadcast.

WiFi doesn't eat up battery on an iPhone.

YMMV
    zee921 likes this.
    10-24-11 09:21 AM
    Oh ok awesome. I was thinking of this. Awesome no APP needed for this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 09:35 AM
    Nope I have seen no adverse effects on my battery at all.
    10-24-11 09:41 AM
    thank you.
    10-24-11 11:24 AM
    No problem now to get you to dump your PB for an iPad.......
    10-24-11 11:27 AM
    No problem now to get you to dump your PB for an iPad.......
    will do when iPad 3 comes out and it runs "flash"
    i7guy likes this.
    10-24-11 11:48 AM
    iPhone does this automatically. No need to turn wifi off and on. It doesn't hurt the battery. My WiFi picks up my home network and bam its connected. Get down the street back to 3G walk into work bam connected to our private network NO SSID broadcast.

WiFi doesn't eat up battery on an iPhone.

YMMV
    Automatically shmautomatically, I wish it worked that way. When not In use I turn off all radios and only turn on the radio I'm interested. If I don't the battery in my iPad, as well as families iPhones, depletes much faster.

As you said, ymmv.
    10-24-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD