03-25-10 09:23 AM
    Ok Boss it's been read...hahahahaa
    It looks pretty cool. Nice app. I am sure allot of people would love to have this. For $15 a month seems to be fair. But that all depends how it actually works. Only by testing you will be able to tell. Also I didn't see anything about a contract...could you cancel any time??

03-25-10 10:07 AM
    Cool. I think it resembles google talk just like the article said. It seems that in the near future people will only pay for data, which allows appls to place and receive call and texts so that cellphone carriers will no longer exist as we know them today. Google talk is the clear example but i am sure once this becomes mainstream, google will start charging for these services like any other cellphone carrier.
    03-25-10 10:15 AM
    Ok Boss it's been read...hahahahaa
    It looks pretty cool. Nice app. I am sure allot of people would love to have this. For $15 a month seems to be fair. But that all depends how it actually works. Only by testing you will be able to tell. Also I didn't see anything about a contract...could you cancel any time??

[/B]
    Yea it works great since your just using AT&T's 3G. Also there is no contract you pay a monthly fee of 15 bucks and yea you can cancel at anytime. Also it works like tmobiles UMA so when I'm at home like I am now I just call over my wifi. It's pretty sweet.
    03-25-10 10:18 AM
    Cool. I think it resembles google talk just like the article said. It seems that in the near future people will only pay for data, which allows appls to place and receive call and texts so that cellphone carriers will no longer exist as we know them today. Google talk is the clear example but i am sure once this becomes mainstream, google will start charging for these services like any other cellphone carrier.
    yea this app really makes verizons skype look silly. I would assume thats why apple let it through.
    03-25-10 01:20 PM
    Eh. I use Google Voice.
    03-25-10 03:43 PM
    Eh. I use Google Voice.
    Me too, but google voice has nothing on this man, and what it allows you to do. Although if this app allowed you to sms for free too, my bill would be down from only 60 bucks to 30 lol.
    03-25-10 03:53 PM
    This is different than google voice, you get a whole second line as if you bought a second line from ATT and had a dual SIM setup. Full separate contacts, voicemail, SMS, etc.

Its a good deal for $15/month if you need 2 lines but I dont think itll replace Google Voice for individual users.
    03-25-10 04:46 PM
    This is different than google voice, you get a whole second line as if you bought a second line from ATT and had a dual SIM setup. Full separate contacts, voicemail, SMS, etc.

Its a good deal for $15/month if you need 2 lines but I dont think itll replace Google Voice for individual users.
    The fact for 15$ a month you have unlimited calling over AT&T's 3G network is amazing. For AT&T your paying 69.99 I believe that a big save for me personally.
    03-25-10 04:50 PM
    Me too, but google voice has nothing on this man, and what it allows you to do. Although if this app allowed you to sms for free too, my bill would be down from only 60 bucks to 30 lol.
    Yeah, true. I don't have to pay anything for Google Voice though. :\
    03-25-10 06:17 PM
    Yeah, true. I don't have to pay anything for Google Voice though. :\
    really how is that i paid to make calls with my google voice, although texting was free
    03-25-10 07:33 PM
    "Line2 also turns the iPhone into a dual-mode phone. That is, it can make and receive calls either using either the AT&T airwaves as usual, or — now this is the best part — over the Internet. Any time you’re in a wireless hot spot, Line2 places its calls over Wi-Fi instead of AT&T’s network. That’s a game-changer. "

How is that a game changer? You have been able to make VoIP calls on the iPhone using Skype for over a year now. What is really a game changer is that you can receive a call using Line2 without the app being open.
    03-26-10 12:14 PM
    Personally I think VOIP sounds like crap usually. If you have a ethernet cable connection then its not bad, but WIFI on a cell phone sounds pretty poor. For people than complain about ATT and poor voice quality Im surprised the amount of talk about VOIP generally (especially over 3G)
    03-26-10 01:11 PM
    I did some digging an you can get toktumi on blackberry as well
    03-26-10 01:46 PM
    I am using this and it's really great. I have a BB that is my main phone - unlimited everything on TMO. I have a Iphone with prepaid SIM and have an AT and T number, that I hardly use. I use the Line 2. Nice appl
    07-28-10 11:02 PM
    This app is good but a little buggy. The person on the other line hears my responses like 6 seconds after I speak(I counted) they need to make it real time and it'll be better than skype

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 12:45 AM
    Cool app, especially for iPod Touch users.
    07-31-10 09:48 PM
    The article says it's for $1, but I just got it for free. It may be on sale right now.
    08-01-10 08:07 AM
    Interesting app! In a way it kinda shows an erosion of ATTs exclusivity with the iPhone. It's basically a service from another carrier that just uses someone else's 3G airwaves. I like when things become cheaper and more free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 10:09 AM
    This app doesn't just work for the iPhone, or Att it also works for Verizon phones as well. It just became popular in the app store. It was actually pulled when it first released a while back. Must be back since this thread has come back alive.
    08-01-10 10:17 AM
    Thanks Brandon! I actually saw this thread a while back and thought oh just another google voice knock off. Then tonight I was playing around testing the new jailbreak out on a couple of my iphones that currently have no service to them "aka toilet iphone, and bedside table iphone" so I figured why not give it a try. SWEET app! I havnt had a home phone in years but extra iphones + wifi = cheap home phone. Installed backgrounder so the app wouldnt have to be left open to receive calls over wifi. Cool little app. Thanks again.

Just a side note running this app constantly on backgrounder is a batt drain but hey still a cool app.
    08-02-10 12:27 AM
    The problem is the recurring $15/month costs, defeats the purpose of trying to save money. I do like the WiFi calling feature when AT&T signal is weak but again, the long term costs associated defeats the purpose in my opinion.
    08-02-10 08:10 AM
    Yea it works great since your just using AT&T's 3G. Also there is no contract you pay a monthly fee of 15 bucks and yea you can cancel at anytime. Also it works like tmobiles UMA so when I'm at home like I am now I just call over my wifi. It's pretty sweet.
    Unless you're on a data cap.. then this app is silly. i mean i personally never go over my minutes but i dont want to pay for more GB either. When i'm home and have wifi it's also after 9pm lol
    08-03-10 10:13 PM
    Use at your own risk. I personally don't care about an extra 10 or 20 bucks.
    08-03-10 10:18 PM
    works great for me. I've got a 3gs on AT & T PAYG and it's really my backup phone (I have a BB). I didn't want a big expense so for the $15 per month for the app and a minimal charge for PAYG, I've got a 3GS for about $20 per month. I can see tho if you are on a full plan with AT & T that you wouldn't need it. I like it.
    08-03-10 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD