lots of iphone stuff, the iphone 3GS is supposedly twice as powerful

video recording with in-phone editing, tomtom gps, hdspa 7.2, mms, push notification, copy-paste, in-phone rental via wifi and all sorts of other things

Apple shows iPhone OS 3.0 at WWDC, hits devices June 17th

also the 16 gig will be priced at 199, the 32 gig at 299, and last years iphone3g will be 99 dollars
    06-08-09 03:16 PM
    Lots of great stuff, Apple is the cutting edge of smartphone technology. I am most excited about the VPN on demand functionality.
    06-08-09 03:41 PM
    definitely looks good, but isn't there an iphone forum here?
    06-08-09 03:55 PM
    Lots of great stuff, Apple is the cutting edge of smartphone technology. I am most excited about the VPN on demand functionality.
    A few things are "cutting edge" (if you really want cutting edge, go to the Asian markets, especially Tokyo), but the vast majority of the software updates are just to give the iPhone what it should have had all this time.

I do think the magnometer is cool. I can see some pretty interesting apps come out that can use it to scan the magnetic fields of things. Lots of science uses for this. And I do see a metal detector type app showing its face, even though you'd look pretty silly crawling along the ground with a 3GS...

And on-device video editing would be useful.
    Last edited by Zipster; 06-08-09 at 04:11 PM.
    06-08-09 04:08 PM
    Being able to rent movies and watch them on your phone is pretty cool, especially while traveling.

The phone doesn't have too many breakthrough features, but thankfully Apple was smart in lowering the price of the current 3G and keeping the price of the 3Gs in line with what the 3G used to be.

Your move RIM. They're at a bit of a disadvantage on the multimedia side of things though, with Apple's iTunes Store, they can easily incorporate things like being able to rent movies onto the phone, RIM, not so much.
    06-08-09 04:14 PM
    As BlackBerryBob said (in another thread), this event was more along the lines of Apple Maintenance.

I was kind of hoping to see them at least come out with a design like what a lot of the blog sites were concepting. Though I guess a familiar face does have its advantages too.
    06-08-09 04:20 PM
    I was fairly let down today RE voice control not being available on non-3GS devices. Pathetic!

Locating, notifying and even wiping a lost phone via MM is pretty cool stuff. Though I hope not to find out how well it works!

Looks like next years iPhone is the one to hold out for. Hopefully by that time it will be available on VzW.
    06-08-09 04:38 PM
    I was fairly let down today RE voice control not being available on non-3GS devices. Pathetic!

Locating, notifying and even wiping a lost phone via MM is pretty cool stuff. Though I hope not to find out how well it works!

Looks like next years iPhone is the one to hold out for. Hopefully by that time it will be available on VzW.
    Voice Control isn't on non-3GS versions??!! That's a shocker... You'd think that it would just be a software thing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a few months after the 3GS is released, Apple will offer this as an "upgrade app" for 3G and original iPhones. Then the riots will ensue.
    06-08-09 04:46 PM
    In the words of Westside Connection....when the iPhone comes to VZW. Nevermind, amazinglygraceless warned me so I must refrain : )
    Last edited by cereal killer; 06-08-09 at 07:00 PM. Reason: mod warning
    06-08-09 05:54 PM
    In the words of Westside Connection....when the iPhone comes to VZW. "B*tch you know the side....world muther frakkin wide"
    imma make my first call on top of mount westmore
    06-08-09 06:23 PM
    Just picked up my new macbook pro. Hate to see the Air go, but time for some speed. Price cuts rock
    06-10-09 09:11 AM
    In the words of Westside Connection....when the iPhone comes to VZW. Nevermind, amazinglygraceless warned me so I must refrain : )
    haha. when the iPhone comes to VZW, it will pretty much mean the end of AT&T. Well, at least in the metropolitan NY area.
    06-10-09 09:12 AM
    Is there gonna be a ipod touch 3g along with it then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD