I just started a new Verizon account with my iphone 4 so I have an upgrade waiting for me whenever I want. I probably won't be able to spend the money on a 5 until the spring, but by then wouldn't it be worth it to wait for the 5S? (or whatever is coming next fall)

on the topic: how long can i milk this thing with verizon where i'm month to month? after a certain time, do they lock me into a contract?
    10-30-12 06:24 PM
    I have a 4s. Skipping the 5 and waiting for the 5s. I suppose it could always be out in seven months just in time to annoy iPhone five users.

Sent from my 4s
    10-30-12 06:39 PM
    lol that's true. i mean i just don't see anything "wrong" with my 4. i'd really love to have siri, but i've never had it, so i'm really not missing it.
    10-30-12 06:41 PM
    I just started a new Verizon account with my iphone 4 so I have an upgrade waiting for me whenever I want. I probably won't be able to spend the money on a 5 until the spring, but by then wouldn't it be worth it to wait for the 5S? (or whatever is coming next fall)

on the topic: how long can i milk this thing with verizon where i'm month to month? after a certain time, do they lock me into a contract?
    Verizon won't change your month to month status unless you change something, by either changing plans, or buying a phone.

As for waiting for the 5S, if you have to wait until the Spring to get a new phone, it's not a bad idea. It can go either way though, especially since you can probably sell the iPhone 5 for more than the subsidy price of the 5S once it's released.
    10-30-12 06:41 PM
    I wonder what the 5S will be like. A CSR told me that phones are pretty much as fast as they're gonna get, so really it's just down to features. i had the GS3 for a while, but i found out most of the "here and now" features were really gimmicky. i mean the ONLY other person i knew who had a GS3 lived 20 minutes away and i'm not going to drive to her house just to use NFC.
    10-30-12 07:25 PM
    I wonder what the 5S will be like. A CSR told me that phones are pretty much as fast as they're gonna get, so really it's just down to features. i had the GS3 for a while, but i found out most of the "here and now" features were really gimmicky. i mean the ONLY other person i knew who had a GS3 lived 20 minutes away and i'm not going to drive to her house just to use NFC.
    There is speculation that the 5S could potentially include code from ARM's Cortex A-15 instruction set. If that is indeed the case, it could be a significant improvement in performance in both speed and battery life. Another significant factor is that Cortex-A15 can address up to a terabyte in memory, which means applications can be larger than ever before, finally living up to the idea of "desktop class" computing on a mobile platform. To be honest, I don't know how much of an improvement this would be on a phone platform, and I suspect it will matter much more for the iPad.
    10-30-12 07:39 PM
    i have a tablet, but i really only use it on road trips and stuff. i'm not one of those who feels the need to replace my computer with a tablet OR a phone...so maybe the iphone 5 is where my interest in upgrading will end if that's the biggest improvement. i don't need a TB of memory on my phone. I barely fill up the 16 GB i have now. lol
    10-30-12 08:07 PM