It's an instant messaging app for iPhone users like BBM. Has anyone tried it yet? How long do you think it will take before Apple comes out with it's own instant messaging client? Let me know if you have used it and impressions. Thanks.
    09-21-09 09:32 PM
    i've got it installed and have been using it with a few friends. its not that bad. it will also update your facebook status from within the app. the problem i have with it, is that its just as easy to send a text message as it is to use this app. at least for me it is.
    09-22-09 10:46 AM
    i've got it installed and have been using it with a few friends. its not that bad. it will also update your facebook status from within the app. the problem i have with it, is that its just as easy to send a text message as it is to use this app. at least for me it is.
    I do agree it's just as easy. I did notice that the message goes through a lot faster since it uses data rather than text. The obvious benefit here is the same as BBM if a lot of the people you talk to have iPhones you can probably downgrade to a lower texting plan. I guess since it uses the same interface and texting which is threaded it's not too big of a difference.
    09-22-09 11:12 AM
    that is true. i tried to get the app to intergrate with my contacts, but it froze up and crashed. so i just left it alone. its a cool concept though, i think its just about there.
    09-22-09 01:46 PM
    that is true. i tried to get the app to intergrate with my contacts, but it froze up and crashed. so i just left it alone. its a cool concept though, i think its just about there.
    it crashed on your iPhone or BlackBerry? also, what do you mean by "integrate with my contacts" -- the app simply uses your contacts already, what integration are you referring to? need more detail that will help us debug the bug...
    09-22-09 01:48 PM
    Just installed it yesterday. Pretty nice so far
    09-22-09 01:55 PM
    it crashed on your iPhone or BlackBerry? also, what do you mean by "integrate with my contacts" -- the app simply uses your contacts already, what integration are you referring to? need more detail that will help us debug the bug...

i'm using it on my iphone 3G. under settings where the option says native ab update, i have it turned off, when i turned it on, it froze, and i was not able to access my contacts at all on the phone. i had to restart it and turn to option back to off in order to get it to work again. if i'm reading it correctly, with this enabled, the whatsapp status should show up in the native contacts list right?
    09-22-09 02:09 PM
    i'm using it on my iphone 3G. under settings where the option says native ab update, i have it turned off, when i turned it on, it froze, and i was not able to access my contacts at all on the phone. i had to restart it and turn to option back to off in order to get it to work again. if i'm reading it correctly, with this enabled, the whatsapp status should show up in the native contacts list right?
    yeah, but its a hack. we use an address field with a custom label of "status" to write the status into the native address book.

going to disable this feature in the next release...
    09-22-09 02:19 PM
    yeah, but its a hack. we use an address field with a custom label of "status" to write the status into the native address book.

going to disable this feature in the next release...
    oh, well i like the idea!
    09-23-09 03:37 PM
    I have it installed and looks like a pretty good concept. Just everyone else needs to get the word out about this App. So 'tell a friend' once it's installed. iPhone to BB will be killer - coming soon....
    09-23-09 08:16 PM
    Pretty neat... wish the push worked better than it does. It's been hit or miss, mostly miss (1 pushed message out of four or five).
    09-23-09 10:35 PM
    Pretty neat... wish the push worked better than it does. It's been hit or miss, mostly miss (1 pushed message out of four or five).
    i agree, i didnt even realize it was pushing until some of the messages showed up. that was pretty neat.
    09-24-09 05:03 PM
    you probably running into our "dont annoy folks over push" limiter:

WhatsApp — Faq
    09-24-09 05:42 PM
    you probably running into our "dont annoy folks over push" limiter:

WhatsApp — Faq

Good to know. I thought something was wrong with the app. That really makes sense so it doe push ever every time in a convo
    09-24-09 06:08 PM
    Anyone know where I can download for the BlackBerry?
    11-30-09 12:42 PM
    The BlackBerry already has it, it's called BBM. WhatsApp is only for iPhones.
    11-30-09 12:52 PM
    The BlackBerry already has it, it's called BBM. WhatsApp is only for iPhones.
    UMMM... No... It's available for both but the Beta for BB has been removed... WhatsApp — BB & WhatsApp — Faq
    11-30-09 01:00 PM
    its on appworld for blackberry
    01-06-10 10:41 PM
    @Atteman: that doesn't sound great.

1. Can anyone tell me the Push time of this App, BlackBerry Pushes all the mail to a device, but with a delay from around 12 minutes.
    2. Is it more like MSN, or SMS? I want it to be like a Text Message App instead of IM.
    3. Could one send a couple of screenshots i'm wondering how the message list looks like, or does it integrate with your std messagebox?
    Last edited by JunkieXP; 01-11-10 at 04:19 AM.
    01-11-10 04:15 AM
    While you may comment on the App. Watch the Language please
    01-11-10 10:55 AM
    works good, but just as easy to text. I wish it would link to BBM
    01-11-10 01:00 PM
    Hope that they develop a WM client too. Being able to have one IM app that works between iPhones, BBs and WM devices would be HUGE. You could chat with basically anyone, anywhere in the world for free.
    01-22-10 06:31 PM
    I started using Whatsapp. At the beginning it was OK, but then the problem started. They want to force you update almost every other week. IT is so annoying. I raised the issue to the Tech support and I got ridiculous responses. I will post the thread of emails soon. Their server jams your phone and drives you crazy with new message notifications. When you open them it says update to new version. It is hideous that update is not offered as an option.
    Well, you may say why don't you update! It doesn't stop there. In less than you can possibly imagine, they want you to update again and again...

I do not recommend using it and I had the worst experience with their tech people.
    07-06-10 05:26 PM
    I started using Whatsapp. At the beginning it was OK, but then the problem started. They want to force you update almost every other week. IT is so annoying. I raised the issue to the Tech support and I got ridiculous responses. I will post the thread of emails soon. Their server jams your phone and drives you crazy with new message notifications. When you open them it says update to new version. It is hideous that update is not offered as an option.
    Well, you may say why don't you update! It doesn't stop there. In less than you can possibly imagine, they want you to update again and again...

I do not recommend using it and I had the worst experience with their tech people.

as our tech people told you originally: we work around the clock to fix bugs and improve performance and when we release a new version and ask people to update we don't do it for kicks - we do it because we want you to take advantage of all that hard work.

the version you have installed is marked as "bad build" internally which crashes for people who build up large chat history. we discovered and fixed the bug in a matter of days, but we still need people with bad builds out there to upgrade.

so far you have proven to be THE ONLY person who feels that us asking you to upgrade away from a bad build is unreasonable.

would you like us to upgrade for you? we can dispatch a remote technician to come over and help you with it.
    07-06-10 05:35 PM
    Well, Sir; I am amazed how have suddenly become so resourceful and helping. The thread of our conversation is attached here and as I said; every software and App that I am aware of is offering upgrade as an option. This is so unheard that you are pushing it up clients'...
    And if I am going to take you on that offer, I believe your remote technician will have to be a resident technician. Because before he leaves you are going to ask me to upgrade again.

Well, I paste the email here and leave it up to users to decide:

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:40:38 +0000
    To: WhatsApp Support
    Subject: Re: Upgrade

You should offer upgrade as an option, not driving users crazy forcefully to upgrade!
    I have upgraded three times so far. I don't have time to do it so frequently. Solutions Plz???

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:10:33 -0700
    To: USER
    Subject: Re: Upgrade

You can stop the messages by upgrading to the latest version from WHATSAPP.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM, <USER> wrote:
    Hi:

The server keeps sending me messages to upgrade. I am happy with current version and Whatsapp keeps changing the versions so fast. The server messages are really annoying. How can I stop them?

Regards

User
    ==========================================

Sender: WhatsApp Support
    Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 14:40:31 -0700
    To: <USER>
    Subject: Re: Stop Annoying server chat

please don't forget to send us the thread URL so we can check it out. will be waiting patiently. thanks much!

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:43 PM, <USER > wrote:
    Thank you!!! You said it exactly. That is fine If people want to, not that you force people to do it. I liked it the way it was and I do not want to update every other week.
    I am a customer. I paid for your product. I used it and I gave you my honest feedback. You responded to my feedback in the worst possible way.
    Your success in business depends mainly on listening to the voice of clients and customer concerns not mocking them.
    I have deleted Whatsapp and as I mentioned I will put the thread of our sweet conversations on line for public knowledge.

Regards,

AJ
    Sent via BlackBerry
    Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:25:29 -0700
    To: <USFER>

why is it so hard to update? we work around the clock to fix bugs and improve performance and when we release a new software and ask people to update we don't do it for kicks - we do it because we want you to take advantage of all that hard work.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM, <USER> wrote:
    I assume you are representing Whatsapp. Then you should realize that update is a choice, not a must. Every App including BB offers updates as an option. I wouldn't mind updates, but not every other week or so. Lastly don't be cute, act like a tech support. You are not paid for entertainment.
    Sent via BlackBerry
    Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 16:29:25 -0700

would you kindly please update? pretty please? we beg you to please update. pleaseeeeeeeeee.

is that better sounding statement?
    On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM, <USER > wrote:
    Must update is a bold statement. I shouldn't have purchased your junk product and I will not hesitate sharing my experience with people on line.
    Sent via BlackBerry
    Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 16:19:48 -0700

you must update

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM, <USER> wrote:
    I don't want to get server messages regarding updating. Fix this **** in your system. It is really annoying. I don't want to update.
    Sent via BlackBerry
    07-06-10 09:18 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD