If so, which do you like better & why??
    Pros, cons, etc...
    Thanks!!
    09-01-09 12:42 AM
    Yep I switched from a VZW Curve about 2 months ago.

I miss a few BB features - but prefer most everything else with my iPhone 3GS.

I miss the flashing LED for messages - I miss the specific sounds for each email account - I miss the battery life - I miss "in holster/out of holster" profile. I "sort of" miss my instant email but can live w/o it since email is not critical to my job.

Other than that - I much prefer everything else about the iPhone - especially the browsing experience. The app store is amazing - I "use" my iPhone a lot more than I did the BB Curve - mostly because of the browsing - which is probably one of the reasons I have to charge it every night.

So far - my ATT coverage has been comparable to VZW where I am (North of Pittsburgh, PA).

Do you have any more specific questions?
    09-01-09 08:28 AM
    My wife had the 8310 for about a year. The 3Gs came out about the time she qualified for the 199/299 upgrade price so she pulled the trigger. She looked at the 2G initially but thought it was too big and heavy.

The deal clincher for her is that she is Thai, and the virtual keyboard on the IPhone gives her the Thai language back. Something a physical keyboard here in the US could never do. She can now email and text her friends in Thai. She is also able to give up carrying her Ipod, which makes up for some of the IPhone size.

She is not a techie, nor a power user, but she has used her new IPhone more in the last couple weeks than she ever used the Curve in the first 2 or 3 months.

I have to admit that it is a nice handset. Not sure if I will make the switch when my upgrade time arrives, but I just might.

If AT&T would just pull the trigger on MMS for her phone, all would be well in our little corner of cellular land.

Michael
    09-01-09 11:36 AM
    If AT&T would just pull the trigger on MMS for her phone, all would be well in our little corner of cellular land.

Michael
    September 9
    09-01-09 12:18 PM
    the only thing i miss from my curve to my new awesome iphone is the LED indicator light.
    09-01-09 03:41 PM
    I switched from an 8330 a year ago to an iPhone 3G. I made the switch because I wanted to try the best touchscreen in the game. I used the iPhone for almost a year, but also picked up a Bold on AT&T release. I then sold my iPhone 2 months before the 3GS came out, and then bought the 3GS.

Pro's of Curve/BB-
    LED indicator
    Great QWERTY Keyboards
    Really reliable push email
    BBM (if you have a good amount of contacts)
    multitasking

Cons of Curve/BB-
    Memory leaks
    Not enough memory
    can't store apps on microSD
    Small screen
    Apps are way too overpriced
    horrible browser
    outdated OS

Pros of iPhone-
    Large crisp screen
    iPod
    TONS of apps for great prices
    The best app store
    extremely easy to use
    software keyboard (preference, I type faster on my iPhone than any BB)
    web browser is the best
    threaded SMS (5.0 will have threaded SMS for BB, running it on my Bold)
    smooth OS, very stable
    no memory leaks
    multitasking (if you jailbreak)
    Mac compatability
    MS Exchange support
    GMAIL IMAP support
    most customizable phone if you jailbreak

Cons of iPhone-
    Battery life is not as good
    no stock mulitasking
    no camera flash
    No LED indicator

This is only my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
    09-01-09 05:24 PM
    i switched about 3 months ago and do not miss anything from my blackberry. all together the iphone is a 10000 time better
    09-01-09 05:28 PM
    September 9
    alright...how do you know it is that day???!!

party @ my house that day!

ps..

isn't it that day the apple rock & roll event?
    Last edited by zayragiselle; 09-01-09 at 09:04 PM.
    09-01-09 09:00 PM
    Like most of the posters, The only thing I miss is the LCD blinking light. The one thing I do miss the LEAST is BBM. I bought my G3S because I was curious about the touch screen but after using it for awhile, I got hooked, I like the fact the there are lot of applications available for just anything and I really doubt that there will be that many for Blackberries. I got my Curve on 'paperweight mode' now
    09-02-09 09:10 AM
    Like most of the posters, The only thing I miss is the LCD blinking light.
    This!

I made the switch over the weekend and thats the ONLY thing I even remotely miss. I wish I would have made the switch sooner!
    09-07-09 04:27 PM
    I made the switch yesterday, VZW 8330 my iphone is arriving on saturday, but... IM GETTING SCARED WITH THIS, (battery) problem. I HATE to be places and having to be watching the battery all the time because it may drain. If it gives about 8 hours of consecutive battery I dont mind, but I heard if you use the ipod and games and web browsing it lasts 2 hours. :S
    09-10-09 10:31 AM
    I recently made the switch from my TMob Curve to my iPhone 3GS 32 GB. Here are my impressions (sorry for copying and pasting but you did such a good job!)

Pro's of Curve/BB-
    LED Indicator
    QWERTY Keyboards
    Different profiles (in holster, etc.)

Cons of Curve/BB-
    Not enough memory
    can't store apps on microSD
    Small screen
    Apps are way too overpriced
    horrible browser
    Not such a fan of the tiny keys
    Cost vs. 32 GB iPhone
    Lack of compatibility with my Mac*** BIG DEALBREAKER

Pros of iPhone-
    Camera is WAY better in my opinion (minus the lack of flash)
    Large crisp screen
    iPod--I love this feature, I sold my Nano, made half of my cost of the iPhone back
    TONS of apps for great prices/free
    extremely easy to use
    software keyboard is very responsive in my opinion
    web browser is the best
    threaded SMS
    smooth OS, very stable
    Mac compatability*** again deal maker here
    GMAIL IMAP support--Most importantly, GMail calendar that I use at work
    Better speakerphone in my opinion

Cons of iPhone-
    Battery life is not as good
    no stock mulitasking
    no camera flash
    No LED indicator
    Data plan cost

Now, for the cost part... I went from a $49.99 unlimited minutes, plus $34.99 Blackberry plan on TMob, to a $59.99/900 min, plus $30 data plan, plus $14.99 text messaging package on ATT. Is it worth it? YES! I coach soccer and spend a lot of time on the road, so the iPhone makes my life that much easier. Also, I can easily check my Chase account, ATT account and eBay account from anywhere!

And just a side note, I get better coverage with ATT and I actually get service when I go camping in Sedona, which was a real pain with TMob, not being able to make phone calls for a few days while I was up there.
    09-10-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD