Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm still using an iPhone 2G and love it and really do not plan to upgrade this July if a new iPhone really does hit. I love the aluminum backing of mine and I do live in a large urban city with 3G but do not care for it since I have wifi. Anyone else living happy with 2G?

P.S. I'll only upgrade to the new device only if the new one has an aluminum back or some sort of metal finish.
    04-23-09 02:39 PM
    I like the build of the 3G better even if I can only use 3G. I heard that they started using more of a plastic build because the aluminum casing blocked some service. I'm not sure if it's true
    04-23-09 07:01 PM
    That is true. But, I just prefer the cool feel of metal to my hand than the plastic. That is probably just me.
    04-23-09 08:26 PM
    The white (3G) one is sexii as ****
    04-24-09 10:19 AM
    I have the white also as you can see in my avatar but I still use a 2g when I'm going out or something that requires more battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:25 PM
    The 2G iphone is of a far higher build quality than the 3G.

Does anyone know why the 3G feels a bit rubbish vs the 2G? Is it something to do with the 3G internal aerial?
    04-24-09 02:17 PM
    I think it's just the fact that plastic is a cheaper material than metal

04-24-09 02:41 PM
    I actually prefer the way the 1st gen looks...
    04-24-09 03:53 PM
    Yay! More 1st gen lovers!

04-24-09 11:13 PM
    I actually prefer the way the 1st gen looks...
    So do I - love my 1st Gen
    04-27-09 04:54 PM
    I have a first gen iPhone. I like it, but I am on firmware 1.14 or something. I want to know how to get it to a higher firmware so I can use the App Store. I can't do it through iTunes because it will lock me out (it's unlocked/jailbroken/whatever you want to call it).
    04-30-09 09:06 AM
    I have the 2g as well which is great. It looks more professional to me, like less of a toy and more of a tool whereas the new one looks cheap and more like a toy phone. Battery life is also an issue and really who needs gps unless your flying a plane or hiking in the mountains in which case you wouldn't want to carry the 3g for long because of battery...like many of Apple products they appear to have regressed in quality to save money...all in all I plan to run this 2g into the ground :-)
    04-30-09 10:24 AM
    I have a first gen iPhone. I like it, but I am on firmware 1.14 or something. I want to know how to get it to a higher firmware so I can use the App Store. I can't do it through iTunes because it will lock me out (it's unlocked/jailbroken/whatever you want to call it).
    You will have to update through iTunes and then unlock and jailbreak again. Pretty simple to do.
    04-30-09 11:41 AM
    You will have to update through iTunes and then unlock and jailbreak again. Pretty simple to do.
    Indeed. I actually JUST finished doing it. App store is pretty sweet.
    04-30-09 11:42 AM
    I'm still using the 2G. 3G just gives me a "plasticky" kind of feel and looks cheap. But that said, the only qualm I have about 2G is that the screen is slightly smaller than that of the 3G.
    05-01-09 10:13 PM
    The screen size is the same. It only looks smaller because the 3g is wider. On the left and right of the screen, the black edges are a tad wider which gives the impression of a larger screen. I prefer the old one for the anti fingerprint issue. You knw people actually trade 3g for a 2g because the 2g can be unlocked no matter what versus the upgraded baseband of most 3g ones. L stick with my 2g until it comes to the day that apple firmware will no longer update in the 2g.

05-02-09 09:35 AM
    I have both the Bold and the iPhone 2G.. did not updgrade because it saves me $15/month on a comparable 3G data plan with SMS ...

Really don't miss not having 3G for daily use
    05-04-09 02:00 PM
    I hae the 1st gen, and for the most part I don't mind it. Like my Bold, I wish it had more RAM to run programs with, and also wish you could run programs in the background without having to jailbreak it.
    The 3G isn't anissue for me, because in my house I get a better 2G signal which has a faster upload and download speed.
    I like the metal back on the 1st gen, and prefer the silver on it as well. I wish I could load OS 3.0 onto it, however. I am waiting to see how cheaply made the back on the 3rd gen will be.
    05-05-09 07:06 PM
    Just updated to 3.0 and everything works great, Same battery for two and a half years now!!!
    06-19-09 04:11 PM
    Does anyone know how to jailbreak an iphone (first gen) with 3.1.3? Or at least I think that's the OS that's on it.
    02-19-10 06:53 PM
    The white (3G) one is sexii as ****
    Lol that's what I'm rocking and tour definetly right about that. I don't even hAve a case on mine cause it looks so good.
    02-19-10 07:05 PM
    I had the 2g 16GB version for a short period. I found the phone to be heavier. I really didn't care about the back beause the phone was in a case. I like the 3G better because it doesn't weigh as much. It's also in a case, so I do not care about the back of this phone either. I originally got the 2G because I was going to use it with T-Mobile, and it would be pointless to get 3G or 3GS since I wouldn't have 3G to begin with. I ended up sending the phone back to the seller because the phone locked up. I bought a 3G a three days later and love it. So technically I have 2G since I don't have 3G service available to me. I only have 2G and WiFi. Thankfully I have WiFi at work and home.
    Last edited by SoxfaninFL; 02-19-10 at 10:14 PM.
    02-19-10 09:13 PM
    I have 2 iPhone 2G's. One is being traded for a mytouch the other is being used as my iPod, I HATE it because, like a lot of other iPhone 2G's I've seen it has black/Grey lines of dead pixels on the screen and I read that if you push on it they will go away. Well, the black lines went away but it was replaced by a bigger section of pink dead pixels
    02-21-10 03:39 PM
    Oh god, I hate my dad's iPhone 2G. It's so much slower than my 3GS it's unbelievable. They were awesome when they first came out though. I would have to downgrade to the 1.x firmwares if I ever got a 2G.
    02-21-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD