As an iOS developer, if I write code that uses an API that depreciated in iOS 7, my app is going to crash. ****ty code will crash on any OS. BlackBerry customers are used to this, it's no different than any other platform. This has nothing to do with the hardware or the version of iOS. Most iOS apps were written to be backward compatible with iOS 5 & 6, and there is more than a good chance that something is no longer supported in iOS 5, that needs to be updated for iOS 7...

As far as random reboots, we have a lot at our company, haven't seen one...
    First of all, the term is "deprecated."

Second of all, please learn what it means.

Deprecated APIs still exist, and still function normally.

All deprecated means is that it is a legacy API and that it may/will be removed in a future OS release.

Code using deprecated APIs aren't necessarily crappy code. Why change something that works just because it was deprecated. If the API is ripped out in a later release, then you refactor the code and release an update. It's that simple. Deprecating APIs is just a way to warn developers of potential future changes and allow them to be proactive about it. Apple probably still uses deprecated APIs in their own code, for all we know. It's common to keep using them even after they are deprecated, even in a company's first party code...

One solid reason to use deprecated APIs is to ensure an App works on earlier OS releases. Since some devices were sold well after their release dates or sold a ton of units (iPhone 3GS, 4 - Galaxy S2 Variants, GS3, etc.), developers may still use an earlier API level or utilize deprecated APIs that are supported in earlier OS releases in lieu of latest and greatest APIs to ensure their app works on the widest range of devices.

This is also common in desktop software, and it allows Desktop Software to work on Windows Releases all the way back to Windows XP, for example, instead of only Vista+ or 7/8...

That's all.

IRT the random reboots... I don't disbelieve it. The 5S runs a completely different OS build and has a completely different SoC, driver stack, etc. than the other iOS 7 devices. It's basically Version 1.0 software.

In any case, Apple will likely have it fixed much quicker than it is taken fixes to get to BB10 customers.

Windows Phone has similar reboot and crash issues on release, but Microsoft was a lot faster in getting those fixes to consumers than Blackberry could ever be expected to.
    10-11-13 11:42 PM
    It's obviously a legitimate issue. I'm sure they'll get it fixed eventually. It's pretty funny seeing the usually intolerant gang fall all over themselves downplaying it though. Good stuff.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:03 AM
    very nice post thanks sir jeg
    10-12-13 02:28 AM
    The people with iPhone reboots are probably just holding the phone the wrong way.

Apple will investigate, then come back and tell you it's more your problem then it is theirs.
    10-12-13 03:01 AM
    Yeah my keyboard disappears hahaha! and my battery lasts 5 hours max. gotta love iphones....
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone See iPhone 5S Reboots in the Media?-screen-shot-2013-10-12-3.56.34-am.png  
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-12-13 05:57 AM
    Those of us who had reboots were called liars and trolls because none of the reviews ever mentioned it.
    There's something new to it. My brother switched from his iPhone 4 to a Z10 (STL100-2) two months ago and he had many rebooting issues and he still had them on leaked OS 10.2.0.1761! We're on the same carrier (T-Mobile Germany) and I do also carry an STL100-2. No reboots here. The interesting thing though is that he uses his Z10 on 2G only (although we have LTE available) to save battery life as he did with his iPhone 4 and especially when he travels, the rebooting issue gets extraordinary worse. He was on vacation in Italy for a week (already running 10.2) and the phone was constantly rebooting. The phone of his girlfriend (SGS3) did also have rebooting issues, just not that bad. But as soon as they passed the border back to Germany, the rebooting issues stopped. On another occassion he traveled to Dusseldorf (big city in Germany) and he also had massive rebooting issues.

All in all this feels strange, his SIM card was years old and was the one he got with his iPhone 4. Now he got a complete new one two days ago and I am curious what will happen next, maybe this will solve his problems.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 06:31 AM
    Well my Z10 still reboots multiples times daily and my 5S is running strong. Hopefully all says well.
    10-12-13 06:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sosof; 10-12-13 at 08:13 AM.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    10-12-13 06:46 AM
    There's also a problem with motion sensor and if we knew it already last week
    http://gizmodo.com/the-iphone-5s-mot...-up-1440286727
    i heard that it's a very common problem!
    Even if a simple software upgrade may fix it, it's all the same another blot on the new iphones.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 07:10 AM
    It must be specific to the 5S. I haven't seen it on my iPhone 5.

By the time I can get my 5S it will probably be fixed. Having lived through bricked 9900s, 9930s, and Z10s I can handle an occasional reboot on an iPhone 5, I've learned patience.
    Meanwhile there are lucky ba$***** like me who have never experienced any of these.
    I have my z10 since February = never had a reboot, works perfectly as item supposed to.
    I have an i5 since about a month = no issues at with ios7, works as its should.

I searched the web and twitter and seems there is nothing reported for the other models, only 5s mentioned.

God I'm so happy I didn't bought it, I almost felt for it then I read the so biased and not very helpful review of the 5s from rene on imore and I new I didn't wanted to pay too much for a secondary phone.

I took I haven't checked in a while but I think some carriers who don't have the 5c yet will sell the remaining iPhone 5 they have. Worth it if you compare it to the 5c imo, I didn't like the cheap plastic on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 07:19 AM
    Maybe some good Samaritan should tell those customers waiting on line for the 5S this morning about this.

Captive audience for the Z10.

Better hurry, though. Lines seems to be moving swiftly.
    10-12-13 07:25 AM
    If this is indeed the case, as it could very well be, the difference that I see between Apple and BB is that with Apple you can almost guarantee that it will not take two months of someone scratching their heads trying to (A) Figure out what is causing the problem & (B) Getting the issue resolved in a more then timely manner, and not having to wait a month or more until the next software update fixes the problem.

It will be corrected almost as fast as it happens, I am willing to bet
    Of course, because they will take the os back a step, add some colorful icons and send it back out as a update. Been doing it since 2007.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 07:43 AM
    Maybe some good Samaritan should tell those customers waiting on line for the 5S this morning about this.

Captive audience for the Z10.

Better hurry, though. Lines seems to be moving swiftly.
    Wait.....lines?!?!!?

Did shipments come in?!?!?!?!??

*speeeeeeds to Pentagon City in her jammies.....*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    10-12-13 08:05 AM
    Well my Z10 still reboots multiples times daily and my 5S is running strong. Hopefully all says well.
    Still rebooting? I thought that was fixed?
    10-12-13 08:07 AM
    OOOOh! reboot and carpel tunnel of the thumb! GO APPLE GO! (away)
    10-12-13 08:12 AM
    The only "tunnel" going on around here is "vision".
    10-12-13 08:58 AM
    It's obviously a legitimate issue. I'm sure they'll get it fixed eventually. It's pretty funny seeing the usually intolerant gang fall all over themselves downplaying it though. Good stuff.
    This is CB though. "Downplaying" is minor league stuff you can get on any forum; if you want to get noticed here, you have to argue bad news is actually good news, even if it sounds completely ridiculous. This is often accomplished by starting an "[awful event] is good for [phone maker]" thread. Here's a classic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...er-all-852654/

Amateur hour is over, so if the intolerant gang is to keep up, someone needs to start a "iPhone 5s reboots good for Apple" thread.
    JeepBB, iN8ter, mikeo007 and 1 others like this.
    10-12-13 09:36 AM
    It must be specific to the 5S. I haven't seen it on my iPhone 5.

By the time I can get my 5S it will probably be fixed. Having lived through bricked 9900s, 9930s, and Z10s I can handle an occasional reboot on an iPhone 5, I've learned patience.
    I never saw it on my iPhone 5 either. But I don't worry to much... Apple will correct the issue.

Are you getting the 5S? Just received my upgrade yesterday and I love it. The camera works well, the fingerprint thingy works as described and overall it seems faster. I inadvertently ordered the gold, but I have no regrets. Basically the phone was what I expected and I probably wouldn't have upgraded if my fianc� hadn't broken the screen on her iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-12-13 09:46 AM
    Anyone know if the reboots are happening with Verizon? ;p
    10-12-13 09:53 AM
    10-12-13 10:34 AM
    This is CB though. "Downplaying" is minor league stuff you can get on any forum; if you want to get noticed here, you have to argue bad news is actually good news, even if it sounds completely ridiculous. This is often accomplished by starting an "[awful event] is good for [phone maker]" thread. Here's a classic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...er-all-852654/

Amateur hour is over, so if the intolerant gang is to keep up, someone needs to start a "iPhone 5s reboots good for Apple" thread.
    SirJes seems to have been elected to President of Blackberry Defense on the forums. He's on a roll!
    10-12-13 11:18 AM
    SirJes seems to have been elected to President of Blackberry Defense on the forums. He's on a roll!
    Wait...yall still talking bout my post? Guess I'm doing a good job then? O.o

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:25 AM
    Wait...yall still talking bout my post? Guess I'm doing a good job then? O.o

Posted via CB10
    No. You're kind of embarrassing yourself. Not all attention is good attention ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-12-13 11:26 AM
    So why does Apple have more leeway than BlackBerry and other manufacturers?

Simple.

Because a consumer can walk into an Apple store and have their phone replaced with a new one in less than 15 minutes.

People are much more forgiving when you have this level of customer service.

With any other manufacturer, I hope you find the issue within the first 14 days (or first month) otherwise trying to get a replacement is a hassle.
    10-12-13 11:29 AM
    No. You're kind of embarrassing yourself. Not all attention is good attention ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Man, I've taken wrong for this post and because I didn't Google, but seems like you missed that post huh? Smh....

Seems like everyone but u saw it.. not all attention is good attention

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:29 AM
100 1234