Yeh I dont get it people complain its the "same OS" but then go use BB. No one sees the irony in that; the same BB OS which hasnt really changed in about 5-8 years.

At least Apple is continuously adding features and improving the OS, not a .xxx bug fix leak every other week which fixes one thing and breaks 5 others. Heck some devices still dont have official 5.0!!
    Truer words have never been spoken on this board. I love BB's but there is no way in **** they even compare to Android or Apple devices any more. And yea to any BB user talking about how iOS doesn't change, hi pot, meet kettle.

One thing I do disagree with you though, its been longer than 5-8 years since the BB OS has changed
    07-06-10 12:32 PM
    One thing I do disagree with you though, its been longer than 5-8 years since the BB OS has changed
    Yea since approximately 2002 LOL.

Palm had the oldest OS. At roughly 16 years old. (No lie)

Now RIM is the Senior Citizen at the round table.

I have high hopes for RIM though, I'm sure eventually they will learn and adapt.

But sooner I hope, rather than later.
    07-06-10 01:51 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. To me, I said ME, and ME ALONE, the OS on the iPhone got boring. The Blackberry OS got boring. No cell phone is going to be perfect. It's not that serious. It all depends on how YOU feel and what YOU feel is important and useful. No OS is right or wrong. To each his own. Each OS, the iPhone OS, the blackberry OS, and the Android OS are all useful depending THE PERSON.
    Last edited by m970006; 07-06-10 at 04:25 PM.
    07-06-10 04:21 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. To me, I said ME, and ME ALONE, the OS on the iPhone got boring. The Blackberry OS got boring. No cell phone is going to be perfect. It's not that serious. It all depends on how YOU feel and what YOU feel is important and useful. No OS is right or wrong. To each his own. Each OS, the iPhone OS, the blackberry OS, and the Android OS are all useful depending THE PERSON.
    exactly what this guy said .. im buying the droid x but im going to keep my bb just incase bb is great just really slow ****ty browser and freezes up a lot
    07-06-10 04:46 PM
    Yeah...and it was said that RIM rushed the "Storm", before it was "fully baked", too. Talk about "hot mess". That phone may be tight now (and I've heard it still has issues), but when it first came out, there was a great deal of weeping and gnashing of teeth! I remember. My friend had one, and I had to convince him not to toss it out a window, on more than one occasion.

If you're not impressed with the iPhone, great. But I guess I just don't get some of the rationale behind some of these opinions. It seems like people have selective amnesia.
    07-06-10 10:54 PM
    Where is this holy long sentence you speak of?
    07-07-10 08:57 AM
    Yeah...and it was said that RIM rushed the "Storm", before it was "fully baked", too. Talk about "hot mess". That phone may be tight now (and I've heard it still has issues), but when it first came out, there was a great deal of weeping and gnashing of teeth! I remember. My friend had one, and I had to convince him not to toss it out a window, on more than one occasion.
    Oh please don't remind me. I got my Storm launch weekend and I can honestly say the Storm is probably the worst smartphone released to date. The whole thing was just a disaster from the get go. According to RIMs CEO, its commonplace and perfectly normal for smartphones to have a buggy OS

I don't think Apple got that memo.
    07-07-10 12:11 PM
    Apple screwed up. That simple. They may do a call back of the iPhones, or make an iPhone 4.1.
    07-07-10 03:00 PM

If you're not impressed with the iPhone, great. But I guess I just don't get some of the rationale behind some of these opinions. It seems like people have selective amnesia.

All that matters is that YOU'RE happy with your iPhone. It doesn't make any difference people's opinions. They are just that...THEIR opinions.
    07-07-10 03:45 PM
    All that matters is that YOU'RE happy with your iPhone. It doesn't make any difference people's opinions. They are just that...THEIR opinions.
    First off, I understand "opinions". Secondly, if you state your opinion, someone may challenge it. No need to keep going back and forth about your opinion vs mine.

My issue is, and I stated it, is that I often wonder how folks come to certain conclusions, based on what happens in the real world, all the time. I can say that.
    07-07-10 05:15 PM
    att service is what really is holding my back ... they come to vzw im in there like swim wear LOL
    07-07-10 06:21 PM
    att service is what really is holding my back ... they come to vzw im in there like swim wear LOL
    Funny how people complain or AT&T is so bad. I for one haven't had any problems. If anything I have gotten better service on AT&T than i did in verizon, especially inside buildings. Im getting the new iphone4. just waiting till there some in stores.
    07-07-10 07:46 PM
    First off, I understand "opinions". Secondly, if you state your opinion, someone may challenge it. No need to keep going back and forth about your opinion vs mine.

My issue is, and I stated it, is that I often wonder how folks come to certain conclusions, based on what happens in the real world, all the time. I can say that.
    First of all, there is no need to get defensive. This is not a debate against your opinion vs. mine...You have the right to challenge anyone's opinon but at the same time other people's personal opinion on a subject should be respected. You don't have to "get" why someone doesn't share how YOU feel. It's not THAT big of a deal. It's just a cell phone. No one said that the iPhone 4 itself isn't impressive. For those of us who are long-time users of the iPhone (My own 3GS 32GB), the new iPhone 4 OS is nothing really different except for some minor improvements that really should have been included from the jump. It's still a great device. Whether any of the Blackberry devices are bad or good has nothing to do with the iPhone or this discussion. It doesn't matter which device someone uses or which is better. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. I wish people would stop the madness! Each device is great and has its advantages. Choose what's best for you and keep it moving. Like I said before, don't question MY reason for MY opinion...people can feel how they want to feel. This post is not meant to "argue" because as we all know that some issues discussed on this forum in general can get out of hand quickly so....I'm done talking about this subject. As I said before to each his own and good luck everyone with which ever device you've chosen!
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 09:33 AM.
    07-08-10 09:05 AM
    No one said that the iPhone 4 itself isn't impressive.
    Ummm...

It's the title of the topic.
    07-08-10 09:34 AM
    Ummm...

It's the title of the topic.
    The OP was talking about the OPERATING SYSTEM. He was not talking about the entire device ITSELF being unimpressive. People on this forum seem to like controversy. This is foolishness and your post was childish. Next time you try to correct someone, please do it properly. While you were so busy trying to correct someone else and be seen, you should have been reading the original post. As I SAID BEFORE, I'm DONE talking about this subject. Keep it moving.
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 11:33 AM.
    07-08-10 11:14 AM
    The OP was talking about the OPERATING SYSTEM. He was not talking about the device ITSELF being unimpressive. People on this forum seem to like controversy so let me just say, don't get it twisted... I'm not the one. I have more important things to do than to be going back and forth with people on this foolishness. Next time you try to correct someone, do it properly. While you were so busy trying to correct me and be seen, you should have been reading the original post. END OF SUBJECT. This issue has been exausted.
    Seems like your choosing to go back and forth as well Senor.

I have no clue what you mean by "getting seen" though. LOL

this isnt supposed to be a hate thread just a discussion thread ... when i heard about the new iphone after wwdc me, like many probably got VERY excited. i left att in november(iphone 3g) bc the phone was boring and att wasnt offering me any other phone that tickled my fancy so i went to verizon and was roped into the new 350 ETF, and i was considering going back to att and paying that etf. after a few weeks of contemplating i decided that it was either the iphone or droid x, until last night. my friend got the new iphone and while its a ridiculously beautiful phone, with a ridiculous display it just didnt do anything for me. its still the same old boring os, i was trying to load a youtube video to see how it looked on the phone and it was taking forever with full service bars. reading bgr about 3g connectivity problems with the phone its like i dunno what apple is thinking. they blind people including myself(an admitted apple fan boy) with their marketing but their phone is sub par. i think this phone is a failure and im not the only one i read a lot of people complaining about this phone and i doubt the antenna issue can be fixed with software its definitely a hardware issue. any thoughts?
    And after rereading the OPs post, it seems they are talking about the phone being a failure because of the Hardware AND Software.

So practice what you preach.

No one said that the iPhone 4 itself isn't impressive.
    And again, I'll quote you, the OP thinks the phone is unimpressive because of the Stale OS, and "shoddy" antenna.

While you were so busy trying to correct someone else and be seen, you should have been reading the original post. As I SAID BEFORE, I'm DONE talking about this subject. Keep it moving.
    Did you really read the first post?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-08-10 at 11:35 AM.
    07-08-10 11:25 AM
    Seems like your choosing to go back and forth as well Senor.

I have no clue what you mean by "getting seen" though. LOL

And after rereading the OPs post, it seems they are talking about the phone being a failure because of the Hardware AND Software.

So practice what you preach.

And again, I'll quote you, the OP thinks the phone is unimpressive because of the Stale OS, and "shoddy" antenna.

Did you really read the first post?
    I guess you don't have anything else better to do. Why don't you ask him why he thinks it so "unimpressive" since this issue is sooo important to you. I'm not the one you have the issue with obviously. Yeah I read the first post and his problem seems to be more with the same ole boring OS. The antenna issue can be corrected when Apple figures it all out. I'm an adult. Maybe you should go cruise the teen websites and start some mess there. It's a shame people have to sit around and hide behind their computers. What a shame!!! And let me also say this, this issue is closed. Go quote somebody else. SMH...
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 12:02 PM.
    07-08-10 11:55 AM
    LOL yea, nothing better to do.

I would ask him why he thinks it's unimpressive, except he stated it in the OP, as you so kindly hinted at.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-08-10 at 12:21 PM.
    07-08-10 11:56 AM
    LOL yea, nothing better to do.

I would ask him why he thinks it's unimpressive, except he stated it in the OP, as you so kindly hinted at.
    So what are you waiting for? Instead of replying to my post, maybe you need to get clarification on the issue...go quote him and get the information you're "so desperately searching for" directly from the source. Buh-bye.
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 12:09 PM.
    07-08-10 12:06 PM
    What do you mean, what am I waiting for?

You misunderstood my post.

Again, "I would ask him, except he stated it in his opening post."

So just WTF are you asking?
    07-08-10 12:21 PM
    What do you mean, what am I waiting for?

You misunderstood my post.

Again, "I would ask him, except he stated it in his opening post."

So just WTF are you asking?
    Geez!! This is taking up valuable space that could be used for more useful responses and information. For whatever reason these threads are created, they are not created for people to be intentionally rude and obnoxious. They are not meant for you to correct, spell check, question why someone feels the way that they do about an issue, or launch personal attacks. Wow, I forgot how immature and ridiculous some people can be! And all over an issue that is not even mine! I did not use any "profanity" initials in any of my responses and this just shows your level of maturity. It's not that serious. ONCE AGAIN, if you have any questions about what the OP meant, or need FURTHER clarification, then you should be discussing this with him and not me. I did not create this thread. I will not continue to allow this and I will not keep going back and forth with you. To all the fellow posters, this is a silly and issue and I'm sorry that this has taken up space on this forum. When you click on a thread, you should not have to read page after page of childishness. That is how threads get locked. GIVE IT A REST. This issue is of non-importance and a waste of people's time.
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 12:55 PM.
    07-08-10 12:35 PM
    Well, I would have.

But you keep insisting on being the master of the universe with your little cheap attempt at witty responses.

Yet you haven't addressed anything I've said.

Besides, there is no such thing as valuable space on the internet anyway.

4chan is a perfect example of this.

Now, for realz this time.

Sayonara, Prada out.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-08-10 at 12:45 PM.
    07-08-10 12:39 PM
    Well, I would have.

But you keep insisting on being the master of the universe with your little cheap attempt at witty responses.

Yet you haven't addressed anything I've said.

Besides, there is no such thing as valuable space on the internet anyway.

4chan is a perfect example of this.

Now, for realz this time.

Sayonara, Prada out.
    I guess it makes you feel better to take shots at someone. I don't have to stoop to such levels thank goodness. You didn't have much to address other than you launching a personal attack. If you want to be addressed, try speaking in a respectful manner to people. People are not perfect. We all say things that shouldn't be said or could have been said better. Next time, please think about what you type before you type it. SMH...I have spent way too much time on this. Sorry again crackberry!
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 01:27 PM.
    07-08-10 01:12 PM
    First of all, there is no need to get defensive. This is not a debate against your opinion vs. mine...You have the right to challenge anyone's opinon but at the same time other people's personal opinion on a subject should be respected. You don't have to "get" why someone doesn't share how YOU feel. It's not THAT big of a deal. It's just a cell phone. No one said that the iPhone 4 itself isn't impressive. For those of us who are long-time users of the iPhone (My own 3GS 32GB), the new iPhone 4 OS is nothing really different except for some minor improvements that really should have been included from the jump. It's still a great device. Whether any of the Blackberry devices are bad or good has nothing to do with the iPhone or this discussion. It doesn't matter which device someone uses or which is better. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. I wish people would stop the madness! Each device is great and has its advantages. Choose what's best for you and keep it moving. Like I said before, don't question MY reason for MY opinion...people can feel how they want to feel. This post is not meant to "argue" because as we all know that some issues discussed on this forum in general can get out of hand quickly so....I'm done talking about this subject. As I said before to each his own and good luck everyone with which ever device you've chosen!

I'm going to address the bolded lines, and leave the rest. Because it's redundant. You already said most it, and that wasn't my issue at all. I don't like redundancy, so I'm going to approach it from another angle.

I wasn't being defensive. You're the one who's defensive. First off, you can not direct how others reply to your posts. You can't. So, don't even go there. If you post anything in an online forum, people will challenge it, refute it, analyze it,etc. That comes with the territory. You've been here long enough to know that.

People are to be respected. Opinions don't have to be respected. So, I can disagree with you, without disrespecting you as a person. From what I can see, based on reading what I posted, there was no disrespect from me.

The End.
    07-08-10 02:27 PM
    Oh meow you guys! This is just too much fun.

And here people are always going on about BB vs. iPhone when really we should all take a ringside seat to the whole iPhone vs. iPhone crowd.
    07-08-10 02:44 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD