I'm going to address the bolded lines, and leave the rest. Because it's redundant. You already said most it, and that wasn't my issue at all. I don't like redundancy, so I'm going to approach it from another angle.

I wasn't being defensive. You're the one who's defensive. First off, you can not direct how others reply to your posts. You can't. So, don't even go there. If you post anything in an online forum, people will challenge it, refute it, analyze it,etc. I must say though if you truly believe that you do not have to respect someone's opinion then you will mostly That comes with the territory. You've been here long enough to know that.

People are to be respected. Opinions don't have to be respected. So, I can disagree with you, without disrespecting you as a person. From what I can see, based on reading what I posted, there was no disrespect from me.

The End.

Alright ....enough. ENOUGH. This issue is exausted and exausting! No one can direct anyone on how to reply to anything. Too much time has been wasted this! The issue at hand was the OP's feelings on the iPhone 4. And I have to say this again, ALL THIS LITTLE SIDE STUFF DOES NOT MATTER. How many times does someone have to say it's NOT THAT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In your own words, "If you post anything in an online forum, people will challenge it, refute it, analyze it,etc. That comes with the territory. " By your own words...then this thread should not have taken a turn in this direction.
    With that being said, can we ALL please give it a rest... You have every right to disagree but keep in mind that in some cases you may be creating an issue when you question someone's feelings that you don't know. Everyone is different.

"People are to be respected. Opinions don't have to be respected. So, I can disagree with you, without disrespecting you as a person. From what I can see, based on reading what I posted, there was no disrespect from me. "

Point taken! And thanks so much for being civil. Sorry for any wrong approach or statements! My comments were not meant to be argumentative or disrespectful.
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 03:18 PM.
    07-08-10 02:51 PM
    LOL @ Enough.

Back on topic, the iPhone impressed me.

LAWL
    07-08-10 02:53 PM
    Oh meow you guys! This is just too much fun.

And here people are always going on about BB vs. iPhone when really we should all take a ringside seat to the whole iPhone vs. iPhone crowd.
    I know right? This is bonkers!!
    07-08-10 03:21 PM
    LOL @ Enough.

LAWL
    Sorry that the discussion took this turn. I just meant that I've had enough...
    You and Tlynnsmith have made some very good points! I too should think before I start posting stuff!
    Last edited by m970006; 07-08-10 at 03:33 PM.
    07-08-10 03:25 PM
    I was pretty impressed when I heard what Netflix is bringing to the iP4. It will be cool if the quality over 3G is good, especially with that screen.

I'm still on the fence about getting one, but I am pretty sure I will be leaving Blackberry behind. I do like a lot of the Apps I saw, which BB is really lacking.

So.... Yeah, either a iP4 or Android will be my next phone it looks like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 05:46 PM
    LOL @ Enough.

LAWL
    No, back off topic.

Does the i4 make me look fat?
    Ya know, cuz it's thinner now?
    It's like going out with people who are better looking than you.
    07-08-10 06:12 PM
    the hardware(aside from the antenna fail) is gorgeous the service sucks and the os leaves something to be desired(from a personalization stand point) BUT if this phone came to vzw id jump all over it without hesitation. love my 9550 but there are some apps that i would like to use like photo apps like hipstamatic that bb will never see. and the thought of hd recording with editing ON the phone is such a tempting thing but it doesnt outweigh the dropped calls and bad service
    07-08-10 06:33 PM
    No, back off topic.

Does the i4 make me look fat?
    Ya know, cuz it's thinner now?
    It's like going out with people who are better looking than you.
    Yes, it makes you look very fat. There's just no easy way to put that so I thought I would just come right out with it.
    07-08-10 07:46 PM
    I activated a 2nd one today, and you can put me on the Not Impressed list. The glass backing makes it seem very fragile. It doesn't look much thinner and probably needs a micrometer to measure the difference, altho I prefer the square styling to the old style. The OS may be easier for some things, but not as refined as BBOS, IMO. Not having the Menu wherever you're at was irritating, as was having to keep going back to the one button. I like the way it lays out Outlook folders, but I don't use them so it wouldn't benefit me. It wouldn't go landscape in the settings window and I'm not a fan of the touch keyboard, especially when stuck in portrait. The worst part is was it took a 20 minute call to ATT to activate the line, when the phone was ordered for this number. And that was not on hold, it actually took him 20 minutes of apologizing for the slowness of their system and can I please hold on, like I have a choice...

They are not meant for you to correct, spell check, question why someone feels the way that they do about an issue, or launch personal attacks. Wow, I forgot how immature and ridiculous some people can be!
    Well played...
    07-08-10 09:46 PM
    I activated a 2nd one today, and you can put me on the Not Impressed list. The glass backing makes it seem very fragile. It doesn't look much thinner and probably needs a micrometer to measure the difference, altho I prefer the square styling to the old style. The OS may be easier for some things, but not as refined as BBOS, IMO. Not having the Menu wherever you're at was irritating, as was having to keep going back to the one button. I like the way it lays out Outlook folders, but I don't use them so it wouldn't benefit me. It wouldn't go landscape in the settings window and I'm not a fan of the touch keyboard, especially when stuck in portrait. The worst part is was it took a 20 minute call to ATT to activate the line, when the phone was ordered for this number. And that was not on hold, it actually took him 20 minutes of apologizing for the slowness of their system and can I please hold on, like I have a choice...

Well played...
    Yep, that took some getting used to for me as well.
    07-08-10 10:11 PM
    Glad to see some things don't change on this site (2 yr olds fighting on the playground)
    07-09-10 09:57 AM
    this isnt supposed to be a hate thread just a discussion thread ... when i heard about the new iphone after wwdc me, like many probably got VERY excited. i left att in november(iphone 3g) bc the phone was boring and att wasnt offering me any other phone that tickled my fancy so i went to verizon and was roped into the new 350 ETF, and i was considering going back to att and paying that etf. after a few weeks of contemplating i decided that it was either the iphone or droid x, until last night. my friend got the new iphone and while its a ridiculously beautiful phone, with a ridiculous display it just didnt do anything for me. its still the same old boring os, i was trying to load a youtube video to see how it looked on the phone and it was taking forever with full service bars. reading bgr about 3g connectivity problems with the phone its like i dunno what apple is thinking. they blind people including myself(an admitted apple fan boy) with their marketing but their phone is sub par. i think this phone is a failure and im not the only one i read a lot of people complaining about this phone and i doubt the antenna issue can be fixed with software its definitely a hardware issue. any thoughts?
    I agree. While it's wildly popular, I still think it fails as a phone. And software DEFINITELY won't fix the antenna problem at hand.
    Last edited by Simba501; 07-14-10 at 11:11 PM.
    07-10-10 03:22 PM
    Except for Facetime, the Iphone 4 is just like the Iphone 3Gs.
    Slightly improved, but does not justify the prize at all.

I mention Facetime because it works worldwide over wifi, and there are no extra costs. Tried this with a friend - US+UK Iphone 4. Smooth, impressive, no extra charge. Reminds of Skype. Other than that the Iphone 4 remains a toy, a toy as good as the 3Gs but not better, no offence.

PS: I love BBs as well as Iphones, and I own both. I just try to be objective when it comes to comparing the Iphone 4 to previous Iphone's and the 4th gen doesn't impress me.
    07-11-10 01:39 AM
    I put down my 9700. Grabbed the 3gs I tried for about 15 minutes a few months ago before I gave it to my 10 year old to play games on (which it's really great for btw). I updated it to os4. Had a good laugh. Gave it back to the kid to play games on.
    Question: Other than a new look (which I think is really nice btw), is there anything more I can expect on the iphone4 over my 3gs running os4? (I haven't messed with one cause they're not out in Canada)

07-11-10 06:48 AM
    I have watched the iphone 4 advertisements on tv and youtube and by the end of the videos I want to buy the phone and I have an EVO! Apple does a great job marketing their products. They can turn anyone.

07-12-10 06:28 AM
    can't understand why people pay the extortionate apple prices just for the name.

their software/hardware is OK, but thats it... nothing exceptional.
    07-12-10 06:50 AM
    I have watched the iphone 4 advertisements on tv and youtube and by the end of the videos I want to buy the phone and I have an EVO! Apple does a great job marketing their products. They can turn anyone.

haha i think we all have that problem on this site, addicts to phones.
    07-12-10 07:50 AM
    I agree. While it's wildly popular, I still think it fails as a phone. And the antenna issue DEFINITELY won't fix the problem at hand.
    I have no such antenna issue.. it's been waaaaay overblown.. wow. Contrary to popular belief I can make crystal clear calls..I also get pretty good service with AT&T, hahahaha.
    07-12-10 08:40 AM
    can't understand why people pay the extortionate apple prices just for the name.

their software/hardware is OK, but thats it... nothing exceptional.
    How is it really expensive??? Not fond of your use of extortion so I changed it. Because they don't give freebies or huge discounts means what exactly? You pay for a great product, and if people didnt like what they got, chances are you would see Apple doing things differently. However, they dont need to be like RIM and give free devices away to sell phones.
    07-12-10 05:56 PM
    I have no such antenna issue.. it's been waaaaay overblown.. wow. Contrary to popular belief I can make crystal clear calls..I also get pretty good service with AT&T, hahahaha.
    I've heard that the issue isn't universal. I'm not sure it has been way overblown because enough people have confirmed it. It's a good thing you got one that functions properly.

I also get good service with AT&T , actually great service...I don't understand why AT&T has that reputation...Well, I guess as long as I'm happy, it doesn't matter .
    07-14-10 11:16 PM
    How is it really expensive???
    When you crack that glass and have to buy a replacement at full retail. $699 for the one with the big GBs...
    07-15-10 03:07 PM
    When you crack that glass and have to buy a replacement at full retail. $699 for the one with the big GBs...
    Or when batteries go kaput, my sister went through 4 ipods because of irreplaceable battery. You could take it to a third party battery surplus to replace it but they'll charge you an arm and leg, I had themr eplace my Cowan A2's battery and I ended up paying $150! Could've bought a new A2 for $50 more.
    07-15-10 03:31 PM
    BS

At least the 3GS battery was $70 to fix at APPLE STORE cost. Someone local will do it for even cheaper and you could do it yourself for maybe $20. And the iphone 4 has every easier battery access supposedly the way its designed you can get right at it if you take the back off.

And if you crack the glass you can buy the glass, you DONt have to buy another phone at full retail.

I dont know where people get some of these ideas iphones cant be fixed just like any other phone. (Or you could buy the ATT or Squaretrade insurance if youre that worried).

Another way is you treat it like the $700 piece of fragile electronics it is and NOT break it, instead of an old nextel shock protected phone you could throw off a roof. Its the same people who whine about not wanting to use a case or a screen protector mostly who then whine when they crack the glass. And that's not a new problem the front was always glass and if you dont throw it across the room on on concrete from 10-15 feet up youll be ok.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-15-10 at 03:42 PM.
    07-15-10 03:38 PM
    Why would you buy a whole new phone for a broken screen? Apple charges $199 to replace a broken screen while you wait and there are others who charge less, but are usually mail-in.
    07-15-10 03:46 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD