this isnt supposed to be a hate thread just a discussion thread ... when i heard about the new iphone after wwdc me, like many probably got VERY excited. i left att in november(iphone 3g) bc the phone was boring and att wasnt offering me any other phone that tickled my fancy so i went to verizon and was roped into the new 350 ETF, and i was considering going back to att and paying that etf. after a few weeks of contemplating i decided that it was either the iphone or droid x, until last night. my friend got the new iphone and while its a ridiculously beautiful phone, with a ridiculous display it just didnt do anything for me. its still the same old boring os, i was trying to load a youtube video to see how it looked on the phone and it was taking forever with full service bars. reading bgr about 3g connectivity problems with the phone its like i dunno what apple is thinking. they blind people including myself(an admitted apple fan boy) with their marketing but their phone is sub par. i think this phone is a failure and im not the only one i read a lot of people complaining about this phone and i doubt the antenna issue can be fixed with software its definitely a hardware issue. any thoughts?
    07-03-10 08:00 AM
    That was a long sentence indeed!

I think the iPhone 4 is beautiful and almost amazing, but Apple rushed it out the door before it was fully baked. Seems to be a disease in the phone industry these days (*cough* RIM *cough*). Maybe give Apple some time to hopefully work out the problems and the take another look?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 08:54 AM
    Very long sentence, I must say. Regardless, I have had BlackBerry and Android and yet I love my iPhone 4. It is my favorite smartphone to date. It works for me and what I need it for. Some people are in need of a BB and some need Android. It is all about your personal wants and needs. I love the design of the phones and the ease of the OS.

07-03-10 10:16 AM
    OP, I understand exactly where you're coming from. I have a 3GS with ios4 installed. So, I couldn't really justify the i4. However, the screen is beautiful and the overall speed increase of the i4 is a great upgrade. I want an i4, but I'm not due for an upgrade, can't justify giving AT&T two more years for an early upgrade, and don't want to spend the absurd no contract price. Undoubtedly, I'll still probably end up getting it though.

07-03-10 10:28 AM
    Long sentence? Besides not using capitals at the beginning of sentences I used commas and periods. Wtf lol

07-03-10 10:42 AM
    Yup, there definitely was a few commas and periods in there people. Come on pay attention! lol.

To OP, I'm not impressed. I think the new look is boring. I liked the styling of the 3GS and of previous iPhone's much better. But I seem to be the only one thinking that. Sure, the screen resolution is amazing, but other than that, the iPhone is simply too plain and too boring for my tastes. Much like the S2 is becoming too plain (on the outside) for me but with themes I at least am able to still mix up the OS look a bit. All in all though, the iPhone 4, even with all the faults it does have will not be a failure. There are way too many people that love the iPhones regardless of fault and will continue to use them because the OS is so simple. That's really all there is to it.
    07-03-10 11:56 AM
    Styling is all opinion really, it will vary. But there's no "wrong" or "right" style per say. I didnt like the styling at first but after seeing one in person the pics dont do it justice.

Hardware-wise its a big upgrade- much better rear camera with flash, front camera, high res screen, the ipad's A4 processor, 512mb RAM, thinner phone, much better battery life.

But theyve sold near 3 million already, its FAR from a failure. People will keep buying them too, supply is the only thing slowing the numbers down. I have a feeling Apple will fix a lot of the bugs people are having with their phones
    07-03-10 12:45 PM
    Ok, as BB thinking brain there are things on this de ice that really bother me. The whole alerts system is a joke compared to the BB. OS 4 is a couple minor revisions to the same locked down OS as before. Nothing special here at all but that is on pAr with the industry standard so you cant hate do that. I find this device to be riddled with hardware/software problems...this new camera takes lousy pictures unless you are using the flash and when you use the flash it takes way too long to capture a shot. Wifi is busted on two of the units that I purchased. It connects to the routers that I have tried with no issues but the speed is like 1/2 EDGE. BB works fine on same connections. No decent mobile MS Office solutions which really sucks. Access to system settings and diagnostics is a joke compared to BB. On a positive note it is a beautiful device and a great multimedia toy.

07-04-10 07:30 AM
    Hardware-wise its a big upgrade- much better rear camera with flash, front camera, high res screen, the ipad's A4 processor, 512mb RAM, thinner phone, much better battery life.
    exactly but its still the same ****ty service and same ****ty os .. i almost bit the bullet thank god i played with it and remembered why i left the iphone in the first place
    07-05-10 08:19 AM
    OP, just what exactly do you want in a phone? You should know well that no phone will talk to you, let alone sleep with you because ITS JUST A PHONE. An iPhone is just a multimedia device, a phone, and nothing more. I don't understand what your complaint is other than possibly you want it to be like a Mac Book Pro or something.
    07-05-10 09:47 AM
    I'm not complaining just stating apples marketing to say this is the greatest thing since sliced bread is bs

07-05-10 12:45 PM
    I was thinking the same thing!! I have the 3GS 32GB and have upgraded the software, however, it's still the same ole' thing...nothing really exciting. I'm thinking about getting the iPhone 4 but can't really justify it. I have an upgrade available, but still undecided. Anyways, it is a beautiful device but, I'm not really impressed either. Plus, I'm tired of the new models coming out every year. I started out with the original iPhone, got bored with it, then went to Blackberry, then came back to the iPhone 3G, then back to BB, then to the 3GS. Geez! I'm afraid that if I get this new iPhone, then next year they will probably come out with iPhone 4G or something with more megapixels,features...who knows!! It's a great product, but I'm not gonna be spending all this money on Apple iPhones!
    Last edited by m970006; 07-05-10 at 01:36 PM.
    07-05-10 01:33 PM
    I was thinking the same thing!! I have the 3GS 32GB and have upgraded the software, however, it's still the same ole' thing...nothing really exciting. I'm thinking about getting the iPhone 4 but can't really justify it. I have an upgrade available, but still undecided. Anyways, it is a beautiful device but, I'm not really impressed either. Plus, I'm tired of the new models coming out every year. I started out with the original iPhone, got bored with it, then went to Blackberry, then came back to the iPhone 3G, then back to BB, then to the 3GS. Geez! I'm afraid that if I get this new iPhone, then next year they will probably come out with iPhone 4G or something with more megapixels,features...who knows!! It's a great product, but I'm not gonna be spending all this money on Apple iPhones!
    How is that worse then a new blackberry coming out every several months? And to create a device such as the new 9650 Bold replacing the 9630 Tour when the Bold should have been the original device to come out. At least with Apple you know what you are going to get, a new phone revised in some way. And once a year for an updated phone to me is not a huge issue. Just how I see it.
    07-05-10 01:42 PM
    How is that worse then a new blackberry coming out every several months? And to create a device such as the new 9650 Bold replacing the 9630 Tour when the Bold should have been the original device to come out. At least with Apple you know what you are going to get, a new phone revised in some way. And once a year for an updated phone to me is not a huge issue. Just how I see it.
    Well it's a big deal for me. The Blackberry device is not up for discussion. The iPhone is. What works for you is fine but for me, but I'm not gonna keep buying iPhone every year.
    07-05-10 07:47 PM
    Im not a BB fanboy, just curious how that is a big deal compared to the BB or I guess any other phone as well. My point was that all phones continue to evolve and once a year for an iPhone is not nearly as quick as every couple months for a new BB or Android type phone. It seems odd that the fact it comes out once a year is the deal breaker for you.
    07-05-10 09:27 PM
    Im not a BB fanboy, just curious how that is a big deal compared to the BB or I guess any other phone as well. My point was that all phones continue to evolve and once a year for an iPhone is not nearly as quick as every couple months for a new BB or Android type phone. It seems odd that the fact it comes out once a year is the deal breaker for you.
    It's not a deal breaker cause I'll probably get the iPhone4 but I'd hate to be outdated again if new hardware comes out next year...
    07-05-10 09:51 PM
    well i had a curve and I was always on VZW so switchingto Iphone was a huge risk.

I do miss some things from berry, but shoot - the iphone is so insanely sick and slick that it is not a fair comparison. The IP4 is basically a PC, and the berry is just a phone (nothing wrong with that)

i do HAVE the antenna issue (if i try to make it happen), and i do DISLIKE the fact that i cant change text tones and simple BS like that...

but overall this is like apples to oranges (or berries) - the apples win by miles

sorry for the pun
    07-05-10 11:22 PM
    i thought the iphone 4 could have been better
    the hype was way too much
    i love my iphone 4 though
    07-06-10 01:56 AM
    Ive been a BB user for the last 5+ years, having almost every GSM model made (including 3 9000s and a 9700). That being said, I find my 4G capable of doing everything that I expected out of it if not more. Will I miss my 9700? Time will tell, but right now the answer is no.
    07-06-10 04:33 AM
    Yeh I dont get it people complain its the "same OS" but then go use BB. No one sees the irony in that; the same BB OS which hasnt really changed in about 5-8 years.

At least Apple is continuously adding features and improving the OS, not a .xxx bug fix leak every other week which fixes one thing and breaks 5 others. Heck some devices still dont have official 5.0!!
    07-06-10 09:28 AM
    BB blows too only one making strides is android

07-06-10 11:21 AM
    I'm not to sure what people can expect from phones anymore...

And the funny thing is, most of the features go unused anyway.

HTC will be coming out with a 2gHz processor soon, but really, WTF do you need 2gHz in a phone for?

World of Warcraft? Bioshock?

Sure, these improvements are nice, but really what is it needed for?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-06-10 at 11:34 AM.
    07-06-10 11:32 AM
    Has anyone been having issues with the proximity sensor on the iP4?

Just learned of this today...
    07-06-10 12:07 PM
    BB blows too only one making strides is android

How does Anrdroid make strides? Because they throw a phone at you every other day, please. Their way to compete with Apple is the RIM way, lets make 100,000 different phones and hope to sell what Apple sells with ONE phone.
    07-06-10 12:13 PM
    this new camera takes lousy pictures unless you are using the flash and when you use the flash it takes way too long to capture a shot.
    You're such a troll. You obviously have never used an iPhone 4 let alone own one.

The camera is simply the best of any mobile phone and rivals most any point and shoot. The pictures are infact amazing, with or without flash. And when you use the flash it does not take long at all. I find your statements funny because not only was I able to take some amazing pictures of fireworks on the 4th, I then used the flash to take pics of people who were with me and the photos snapped just a tad slower than without because it does the pre-flash, Im assuming for redeye reduction.
    07-06-10 12:27 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD