It is not my opinion that businesses are not going to drop BBs for iPhones, it's a fact. You name ANY large company you know of that's using iPhones or supplemented them instead of BBs and I'll say it's an opinion.

I have several friends and family members that work for large companies, they aren't even allowed to go near an iPhone. Most big corporations won't even allow it on their network still, even if you eat the purchase price. They want WM or BB. Those are your option. It isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Deal with it.
    How is it a fact? The iPhone has some decent business apps, and options on it now, but it hasn't even reached 1/3 of its potential. The power of the App store is amazing, and that's what will really help with the business side of the phone.

I know Businesses really aren't allowed to go for iPhones as of now, because as I have said before, it is not quite business ready. Just accept that there WILL be another option for business to use very soon.
    09-19-08 08:05 PM
    How is it a fact? The iPhone has some decent business apps, and options on it now, but it hasn't even reached 1/3 of its potential. The power of the App store is amazing, and that's what will really help with the business side of the phone.

I know Businesses really aren't allowed to go for iPhones as of now, because as I have said before, it is not quite business ready. Just accept that there WILL be another option for business to use very soon.
    Are you THAT thick?

Look at STATISTICS. You just answered your own question. What do business users use?

BLACKBERRIES!

I am talking NOW. This moment. Not what "could" happen in a year or so or whatever from now.

This is the present, not the future. For all we know RIM could burn to the ground or with the economy, Apple could go under. No one knows what tomorrow brings. Don't jump the gun

As of now, it's fact that BBs are used in many more businesses than iPhones.
    09-19-08 09:11 PM
    Are you THAT thick?

Look at STATISTICS. You just answered your own question. What do business users use?

BLACKBERRIES!

I am talking NOW. This moment. Not what "could" happen in a year or so or whatever from now.

This is the present, not the future. For all we know RIM could burn to the ground or with the economy, Apple could go under. No one knows what tomorrow brings. Don't jump the gun

As of now, it's fact that BBs are used in many more businesses than iPhones.
    But it is pretty stupid to compare them for business right now. Blackberries have been around for how long? Companies have been using them how long? The iPhone has been out for almost 2.5 years, and the push for business users only since the release of the 3G. You can't really compare an item that hasn't had time to fully develop in the business field, to a company that has been doing it for 10+ years? You can't think of the NOW in this situation, because there is no way in **** tons of companies switched to a new device in the matter of 3 months.
    09-19-08 09:59 PM
    But it is pretty stupid to compare them for business right now. Blackberries have been around for how long? Companies have been using them how long? The iPhone has been out for almost 2.5 years, and the push for business users only since the release of the 3G. You can't really compare an item that hasn't had time to fully develop in the business field, to a company that has been doing it for 10+ years? You can't think of the NOW in this situation, because there is no way in **** tons of companies switched to a new device in the matter of 3 months.
    Ok if you say so.

Your "fanboyness" is showing now.

You win, iPhone = God.

Sorry to disrupt the peace. I thought you only found this close-mindedness on the HoFo Apple forum, apparently not.

**so done with this thread - unsubscribed**
    09-19-08 10:21 PM
    The one and only thing I will say in this thread:

"Each phone has their ups and downs. What is good for one might not be good for another. Some people like blueberries, some people do not. Do that make blueberries sucky ? Do it make them better than anything else? NO! Agree to disagree, build and bridge and get over it, do whatever cliche you want, but dear god, as adults, learn to have a discussion without bantering and bartering like children.The Iphone has its ups and downs, the blackberry has its ups and downs. What else is there to argue."

****END RANT SEQUENCE****
    09-19-08 10:39 PM
    Ok if you say so.

You win, iPhone = God.

Sorry to disrupt the peace. I thought you only found this close-mindedness on the HoFo Apple forum, apparently not.

Fanboyness? I CLEARLY said the phone IS NOT ready yet for the business world. I said it WILL be in some time, and that you can't compare a brand that has been in the mobile business market for over a decade, to one that has been in it for 3 months. That is just being rational, not a fanboy.

You seem to be the one with the closed mind, or your reading comprehension is horrible. I still use my Blackberry. I am open to both devices. In no way am I trying to make the iPhone out to be God.
    09-20-08 01:25 AM
    Ok if you say so.

You win, iPhone = God.

Your "fangirlness" is showing now.

You win, BlackBerry = God.

Sorry to disrupt the peace. I thought you only found this close-mindedness on the BlackBerryForums General forum, apparently not.
    -----------------------

See how easy it is to make that go the other way? As they say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It is obvious that Avt123 was referring to the future, not the present, and rightly so.

Statistics, by the way, are nothing more than a number, and they change. Statistics are not static, and they never have been. RIM has been shoveling BlackBerry devices into the hands of business people since 2002, and for that time frame, they were one of the only options due to Windows Mobile's instabilities. Gee... I wonder why the statistics will heavily favor the number of BlackBerry devices in use...

The iPhone, on the other hand, has been truly business capable phone since July... Kind of hard for it to waltz in —in the middle of an economic recession mind you— and take BlackBerry out of the picture completely overnight, don't you think?

Maybe that's why Avt123 was referring to what could happen in the future? Maybe that is why Avt123 was referring to the capabilities of the iPhone, not its present position? I also never saw him/her actually say that right now the iPhone was the best phone for business, only that it had some great potential. Seeing as you are so astute and sound in your reasoning, you did catch all that, right?

Nah... couldn't be.

BlackBerry is the king right now, and may stay there for a bit, but it will be dethroned. The iPhone may, or may not, do it, but it will happen nonetheless.

Gas used to cost $0.50 a gallon...
    Milk used to be $1.50 a gallon...
    People said computers with GUIs would NEVER take over in the business world...
    A PocketPC was a pipedream 20 years ago...

The point is simply that things change, and statistics don't mean everything.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 09-20-08 at 09:51 AM.
    09-20-08 09:47 AM
    Your "fangirlness" is showing now.

You win, BlackBerry = God.

Sorry to disrupt the peace. I thought you only found this close-mindedness on the BlackBerryForums General forum, apparently not.
    -----------------------

See how easy it is to make that go the other way? As they say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It is obvious that Avt123 was referring to the future, not the present, and rightly so.

Statistics, by the way, are nothing more than a number, and they change. Statistics are not static, and they never have been. RIM has been shoveling BlackBerry devices into the hands of business people since 2002, and for that time frame, they were one of the only options due to Windows Mobile's instabilities. Gee... I wonder why the statistics will heavily favor the number of BlackBerry devices in use...

The iPhone, on the other hand, has been truly business capable phone since July... Kind of hard for it to waltz in �in the middle of an economic recession mind you� and take BlackBerry out of the picture completely overnight, don't you think?

Maybe that's why Avt123 was referring to what could happen in the future? Maybe that is why Avt123 was referring to the capabilities of the iPhone, not its present position? I also never saw him/her actually say that right now the iPhone was the best phone for business, only that it had some great potential. Seeing as you are so astute and sound in your reasoning, you did catch all that, right?

Nah... couldn't be.

BlackBerry is the king right now, and may stay there for a bit, but it will be dethroned. The iPhone may, or may not, do it, but it will happen nonetheless.

Gas used to cost $0.50 a gallon...
    Milk used to be $1.50 a gallon...
    People said computers with GUIs would NEVER take over in the business world...
    A PocketPC was a pipedream 20 years ago...

The point is simply that things change, and statistics don't mean everything.
    That's exactly what I was saying, or at least trying to say. Thank you.
    09-20-08 11:00 AM
    A lot of things people fail to notice is that this is Apple's first phone (adding 3g and GPS is essentially the same to me.). Apple is also worried about fixing the issues a lot of users may have (2%), although not a lot, the strive for high customer satisfaction. Everyone wants these features, but don't realize they need to work on the current product first and then see if there is a way to add these features w/o more complications/bugs.

Another thing that I notice is that a lot of users who aren't even using it for business saying that it isn't a business phone. How does that relate in your world then? Also a lot of people saying that business aren't thinking about it. This is untrue. Me working for AT&T, I know that isn't true. The iPhone is appealing to a lot of businesses for a couple of reasons. Price... it's $200. User Friendly... something Apple is known for. My employees get calls left and right on users asking how to delete a message! A message from their blackberries. No one knows about this magically "Menu" key. I have yet to hear that from the iPhone. Companies don't need their tech illiterate employees spending a day on finding out how to work a device. Copy & Paste... How the heck is this really needed for the business world? Not saying it's not used, but NEEDED.

Definition of necessity: an imperative requirement or need for something

If Apple started when RIM did, I could also guarantee that RIM's lead wouldn't have been where it is now.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 09-20-08 at 01:56 PM.
    09-20-08 01:30 PM
    Went from bb to iphone and am now happily back with bb
    Typing on a keyboad is just a must for me
    I rarely browse but send out lots of emails daily and text and bbm like crazy
    Using a bb for me is just much easier

However choose what caters to your needs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 01:44 PM

I guess you, not the iPhone, must be God. Otherwise, how can you possibly know that BB won't continue to be the choice for business?
    09-20-08 09:44 PM
    I have to say, I initially started with a Curve. Then went to the first generation iPhone. I liked the idea of real internet. After that, went to the 3g and i realized, iPhone isnt all that great. Im planning to switch back to Blackberry once the Kickstart / Bold is released.
    09-26-08 08:39 PM
    I just got the go ahead from my financial planner (my hubby) to get my new Iphone 3G I am super stoked, I am a super geek and love to tinker with my Curve 8310, but I think the IPhone is going to be better for me.
    09-28-08 01:56 PM
    I just got the go ahead from my financial planner (my hubby) to get my new Iphone 3G I am super stoked, I am a super geek and love to tinker with my Curve 8310, but I think the IPhone is going to be better for me.
    Hopefully you enjoy your new device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 02:20 PM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD