It feels like the iPhone will come together as a finished product, by the time the IOS 10 arrives in 2-3 years with the iPhone 9, but in the mean time we will get these minor upgrades.
    If the pattern holds, iOS 10 will be released 1 year from now, and the iPhone 9 will arrive in 5 years.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-12-15 07:54 AM
    Many of my friends have iPhones although I would not consider most of them diehard fans. Are they excited about the new iPhone, the answer is no. Most are considering a move to Android when their contract is up (a few are even considering blackberries, again). The two key factors are price and functionality. The app thingy wears off with time and well most just try to read and respond to email. They know the iPhone does cut it and you can see the frustration. I doubt they are unique and indeed if you look at iPhone sales, the main thing keeping them afloat are China sales.
    09-12-15 08:06 AM
    3D touch is pretty impressive. Apple doesn't take the same way as samsung's curve screen like BB does. They stop being rock headed since steve jobs gone and almost joining all competition in their product. It's a nice product for consumer except blackberry addict.
    3D touch is impressive until you realise that apple just rebranded and repackaged this function and added a wow factor.

It's a function that's been on other platforms in some other form.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 08:47 AM
    The one thing I've been impressed with from Apple is that they can release OS updates across all carriers at the same time. That's the one thing I'm kind of envious of. At least we can manually load them, I'm talking in terms of regular users and other OS's.
    09-12-15 09:06 AM
    I own the 6Plus(best phone I have ever owned) and just ordered the 6S plus
    Coachbulldog and FlashFlare11 like this.
    09-12-15 09:20 AM
    Not excited. I only get excited about BB10 phones. That is my preference.

But I am more interested than normal. If BlackBerry does foolishly abandon BB10 and I can no longer replace broken, lost, or worn out phones I think iPhone is in my future.
    09-12-15 09:27 AM
    Yeah but there's upgraded chips that consume less battery so you actually get a bit more battery life

Posted via CB10
    The OS only takes up 1.8GB versus 5.3GB...the device will be faster, etc. it was also make people's 6, 5s, 5, 4s, or 4 faster as well.

I'm not super technical but, some people don't understand specs at all. Example, a buddy just spent over 2K for a new MacBook Pro because when he went to get the Air it was 1.3Ghz so thought it would be really slow. Didn't know that the i5 or i7 processor is super fast and he could have saved $700 easily.

That said, I'm BlackBerry all the way forced into an iPhone 6 for work...but have a Classic, Passport, and PD Graphite P'9983
    09-12-15 09:41 AM
    3D touch is impressive until you realise that apple just rebranded and repackaged this function and added a wow factor.

It's a function that's been on other platforms in some other form.
    Of course they did. Isn't that the point with any technology? Making a handset UI respond to different amounts of touch isn't the end-all innovation. How you implement it does matter a lot. That's like saying that this barbecue looks good but they probably just cooked the meat certain way and added some sauce that they made..
    09-12-15 10:00 AM
    I love the Apple marketing mix and the idea to pay a lot to the media to get reviews out there ,they controle it and the own it. I also like the never speaking about specs like Ghz or Gb , RAM . The are speaking always what is better. It's has always a beter camera experience even if the camera is lesser than before or like last slogan " The only thing that's changed is Everything " it's great, it's like you go to the supermarket and you can smell the bread on the parking, and still you buy factory bread.

I also love all these names that are exclusive and mostly not compatible or allready exist with an allready general name, but it's apple so they change or make a usb conection differtent just to show it's exlusive and get more money out of it.
    names like Lighting cable is just USB for us and 3D touch screen.

Still thinking why they don't have stereo speakers or full NFC or whatever, just to protect there own business and a extra speaker is costing some money They keep users lame. Also itunes and compatibility is lame and that's great about an eco system and that give them extra bucks.

I love Apple strategy but and still suprised they can do it over and over again for so long time, but I get it for most people buying apps, cable an macbook or airbook and maybe also a tablet and all there products has lesser specs and you pay 3 times the money for products doing the same and more compatible.
    Last edited by whatsever; 09-12-15 at 12:09 PM.
    morfinpower likes this.
    09-12-15 10:32 AM
    Their products are getting more expensive than ever, and they expect the sales to go higher & higher?

They must understand there is a time where the market reaches a saturated level....

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:41 AM
    If only BlackBerry had the marketing power and dedication that Apple has.. the possibilities would be endless!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 11:15 AM
    If only BlackBerry had the marketing power and dedication that Apple has.. the possibilities would be endless!
    BBRY would still need a competitive product to make the marketing resonate.
    MikeX74 and jmr1015 like this.
    09-12-15 11:36 AM
    Watching the Apple event only made me want to stay with BlackBerry in the coming years, Apple keeps selling the same product every year with upgraded specs.. rose gold anyone? Or forcetouch? What about a $100 pencil?

Posted via CB10
    I wish I could have "the same" Z30 with upgraded specs every year.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2639
    eyesopen1111, lift and jon4400 like this.
    09-12-15 12:02 PM
    Apple is going the wrong way

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes, sales figures agree with you.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 12:03 PM
    Nothing wrong with the new S, but I don't feel a need to upgrade from my 6 either.

The better camera, stronger frame and faster processor solve problems I never had. The Live Photos looks neat, but the novelty probably fades fast.

3D Touch looks interesting and possibly useful, but not enough to justify the cost of an upgrade from a 6.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-12-15 12:21 PM
    You know as well as I do most iphone users will be recording every video in 4K.

Posted via CB10
    I know. Same thing as most bb10 users will leave stories on in the pictures app

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:51 PM
    The iPhone 6S is a good looking phone, but I have no plans to buy one any time soon.
    09-12-15 01:04 PM
    I ordered my iPhone 6S+ last night. I did the T-Mobile early-order thing to avoid the delays in getting the device around Sept. 25th when it hits stores and sells out. Meanwhile, my Z30 is still here, but the lack of Z-Series upgrade continues to frustrate me.

The iPhone 6 and 6+ had a 99% customer approval rating, (and it seems like a good fraction of the 1% of people who supposedly didn�t like it hang here on Crackberry), but the truth is that the 6+ is just a fantastic smartphone experience. To me, especially when jailbroken, the top end iPhones are a big step up in overall experience from even top Androids (I had an HTC One--great phone), but even coming from a 6+ to a 6S+ there is plenty of an upgrade for the relatively minor out of pocket expenses I�ll pay to T-Mobile to upgrade ($99 deposit plus the tax due for the 6S+, so about $170 total).
    Coachbulldog and FlashFlare11 like this.
    09-12-15 01:12 PM
    why don't you go to an iPhone forum, I'm sure most of the people there are excited!
    09-12-15 02:21 PM
    Nothing wrong with the new S, but I don't feel a need to upgrade from my 6 either.

The better camera, stronger frame and faster processor solve problems I never had. The Live Photos looks neat, but the novelty probably fades fast.

3D Touch looks interesting and possibly useful, but not enough to justify the cost of an upgrade from a 6.
    The "Live Photos" already received large amounts of complaints in Beta for large battery drain. At times even reported that you can forget about the extra hour of battery if "Live Photos" is active.
    09-12-15 02:25 PM
    The iPhone 6S is a good looking phone, but I have no plans to buy one any time soon.
    Finally a non-bias comment

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:31 PM
    The "Live Photos" already received large amounts of complaints in Beta for large battery drain. At times even reported that you can forget about the extra hour of battery if "Live Photos" is active.
    1. You can turn off live photos
    2. It's a beta. Just try a bb10 beta (not the leaks because those aren't betas, I'm talking Dev beta) and then you'll see a real battery drain

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:32 PM
    I wish I could have "the same" Z30 with upgraded specs every year.
    This is what got BlackBerry into trouble in the first place... "same" device with just upgrade specs. It's why they had such a hard time recognizing the need to change. They were at the top and customers demanded the "same", just better specs.
    09-12-15 03:26 PM
    but even coming from a 6+ to a 6S+ there is plenty of an upgrade for the relatively minor out of pocket expenses I’ll pay to T-Mobile to upgrade ($99 deposit plus the tax due for the 6S+, so about $170 total).
    It's too bad BlackBerry's don't command such good trade-in value. Customers could then plunk about $150-200 every year (a no brainer for some) and the company would get wild sales every year.
    09-12-15 03:32 PM
    If BlackBerry stops making phones, my next phone will be an iPhone.

I don't believe BlackBerry can truly secure an Android phone.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-12-15 03:34 PM
152 1234 ...