Ordered a 9700 through AT&T business care. 2 day fedex shipping. Will be here on Wednesday. I'll let you all know soon if I am jumping ship permanently

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 02:16 PM
    The 9700 is going for $750 on AT&Ts website. I have a Premier account. That is ******* RIDICULOUS. They can kiss my *** if it's going to cost me that much.
    11-16-09 04:12 PM
    The 9700 is going for $750 on AT&Ts website. I have a Premier account. That is ******* RIDICULOUS. They can kiss my *** if it's going to cost me that much.
    Another member said even a CSR he spoke with said that was ridiculous so I'm hoping it's some kind of error that will be fixed within the next few days
    11-16-09 05:30 PM
    Oh and I paid $199 and no rebate to worry about. The business care rep gave me an instant rebate. I received tracking and should have it on Wednesday. I am going to be busy on Wednesday evening

I plan on throwing the 3GS in the drawer for a while and take it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 05:43 PM
    Another member said even a CSR he spoke with said that was ridiculous so I'm hoping it's some kind of error that will be fixed within the next few days
    price is probably right. when the first bold came out it was that much and if I'm not mistaken it was like 400 with a contract. It's flat out idiotic how they hiked the **** out of that price but I guess it's their right.

On the subject, I was thinking of jumping ship even spent most of my day looking at the pro's/con's. The reason I decided against it was that I came from a blackberry and although the hardware may be better it's still the same crappy GUI. If rim gets the OS right then I will make the leap because I love the aspects of the bb, but with the new devkits just heading to developer doors and no timeline for the browser I doubt this gen of bold will ever get the update it deserves.
    11-16-09 05:44 PM
    Yea. It was an error though on the site for me, because I have a Premier account. I just called up and my price was actually $300 full retail. A lot cheaper so I bought it.
    11-16-09 06:37 PM
    price is probably right. when the first bold came out it was that much and if I'm not mistaken it was like 400 with a contract. It's flat out idiotic how they hiked the **** out of that price but I guess it's their right.
    Yea the Bold was $550 full retail when it first came to AT&T. $399 with a 2 year agreement. Or $299 I can't remember, I paid full retail.
    11-16-09 06:38 PM
    Yea. It was an error though on the site for me, because I have a Premier account. I just called up and my price was actually $300 full retail. A lot cheaper so I bought it.
    I'm on premier too but chances are they aren't going to honor that price for everyone on it with no upgrades available. **** if they were I'd jump on it for that price and rock both phones
    11-16-09 07:16 PM
    I'm not going to be jumping ship, but I will be getting the new Bold. I already SIM swap between the 9000 and the 3GS, so I will just SIM swap between the 9700 and the 3GS.
    I would do that, but haven't they cracked down on having a BB data plan while using a 3GS?
    11-16-09 07:38 PM
    The size is what holds me back from a 9700. 9000's size was perfect for me.
    11-16-09 07:49 PM
    I'm on premier too but chances are they aren't going to honor that price for everyone on it with no upgrades available. **** if they were I'd jump on it for that price and rock both phones
    I have no upgrade available. I got the 3GS in June. I pain $300 full retail plus tax. It's the Premier price. Call them up.
    11-16-09 08:36 PM
    I would do that, but haven't they cracked down on having a BB data plan while using a 3GS?
    Nope I do it. They really go after the people using the iPhone with a Medianet data plan. I even told the AT&T rep to make note on my account that I switch back and forth so if I do get some type of charge they know to remove it.

The size is what holds me back from a 9700. 9000's size was perfect for me.
    That was the same for me too, but my friend has a Tour and I got use to that device after playing with it and it's not that bad. I love the 9000 though and wish the 9700 was the same size but my Bold isn't in the best shape anymore and the 9700 is an insanely nice looking device.
    Last edited by avt123; 11-16-09 at 08:41 PM.
    11-16-09 08:38 PM

On the subject, I was thinking of jumping ship even spent most of my day looking at the pro's/con's. The reason I decided against it was that I came from a blackberry and although the hardware may be better it's still the same crappy GUI. If rim gets the OS right then I will make the leap because I love the aspects of the bb, but with the new devkits just heading to developer doors and no timeline for the browser I doubt this gen of bold will ever get the update it deserves.
    Seems to me that the iPhone went for quite a bit of money and then on a second release they had to do something about it, bring down the price? Something like that....
    11-17-09 07:41 AM
    Seems to me that the iPhone went for quite a bit of money and then on a second release they had to do something about it, bring down the price? Something like that....
    yeah your definately right there. I got shafted with the iphone price but lucky enough I had that kind of money then. As it turns out though the premier price for the bold is 300 like avt pointed out. I was about to order but after hours of procrastinating I said nay. I got the iphone because I wanted a touch, large screen and an os that just worked. The bold looks great but the review have proving my point, its the same blackberry with beefed up software. When/if 5.1 comes out and if its a step up then I will go back but until then I rather keep a phone that just works. I don't like the battery life with the iphone so I bought the energizer power pack that lets you charge any usb device on the go.
    11-17-09 08:47 AM
    So it seems to me that what someone categorised as price gouging was also there for the iPhone.
    11-17-09 05:34 PM
    So it seems to me that what someone categorised as price gouging was also there for the iPhone.
    yes and no, it was but I wasn't up for an upgrade since I just signed with at&t two months before getting the 3gs. That and before going to at&t the 3g's were going for that much anyway from apple themselves. Seeing tmobile with a 450 no contract price then seeing at&t with the same phone for 300 more wasn't just a gouging, it was a jacking
    11-17-09 05:45 PM
    I changed my mind I jumped ship after 2 months with the iphone.

I thought iPhone beejive messenger would replace my BBM but with the lack of multitasking, it's just not the same.

There are many other reasons for the switch but that was the biggest.
    The Bold 2 just called my name when I held it and I think BB better suits my needs, especially since the BB desktop manager for Mac just worked seamlessly.

I'm going to stick with my BB/iTouch combo.
    11-27-09 03:48 PM
    Same here, got a 9700 and an ipod touch.

9700 was 299 and ipod touch today was 195 with a $50 itunes gift card ill sell on ebay since i dont need it, so about $150 net.

Sold the 3GS for $550, so got a 9700, 8gb ipod touch, AND about $75 in my poicket.

The iphone was just HORRIBLE as a phone and battery life (charged twice a day to get by less than heavy use), but great everywhere else, so the ipod does all the same things (minus a camera which the 9700 has an equally good 3.2mp autofocus)
    11-27-09 04:07 PM

Sold the 3GS for $550, so got a 9700, 8gb ipod touch, AND about $75 in my poicket.

just curious. How did u sell (ebay,craigs,CB?) and was it unlocked? I was wondering what price to set for my 16g that is not unlocked
    11-28-09 10:18 AM
    You guys interested in the 9700.. it is now a whopping $0.01 already on Amazon.
    11-28-09 10:52 AM
    I had a 9000 and bought a 3GS. Now seriously considering selling my iPhone and getting a 9700, miss BlackBerries.
    11-29-09 10:18 AM
    Lol, I dumped iphone to get BBStorm. Now maybe I will dump BBStorm to get 9700.

Conclusion: iPhone < BBStorm < BB9700
    11-30-09 11:40 PM
    The deeds been done. Shipped off my iPhone yesterday and the 9700 is on it's way.
    12-01-09 02:39 AM
    I used Blackberrys for 3 years until I got the Iphone this past august, no I'm not switching back, not a chance. Everytime I got a new Blackberry by the time I had it set up the way I like it there was a new model coming out. I think lets just put out a couple of models that are build well and work well without crashing and freezing. Plus I got tired of the constant OS upgrades. The Iphone I just plug in and it works without any hassle's!!
    12-01-09 08:51 AM
    I switched. Do I love the BB OS? Not really. But its nice to get through a day of moderate use and not recharge. All that great gaming power is great, but useless if you wear down the battery in 2 or 3 hours between 30 min of game play and some web/phone calls. Im not a heavy user what so ever and was still charging overnight and once halfway through the day.

Apple HAS to improve battery life on the next iphone. The more power they give it in hardware they have to bump up the 1150mah battery on a 3g phone- 1500 would be nice and give an extra 2 hours usage. I think thats one of the biggest complaints about the iphone so far from lovers and haters of it yet is the battery life.

Its a great phone really, and is still revolutionary in OS, browser, and ease of usage. It could stand for a better radio chipset as RF is mediocre giving people more reception problems then there needs to be.
    12-01-09 10:41 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD