It should blow the doors off the iPhone 6 (performance and functionally, not in sales) or should I say the Galaxy/HTC M8 rip off with an Apple logo. Do others share my optimism for the Passport release?
    Last edited by molonlabe2a; 09-09-14 at 08:49 PM. Reason: My original post sounding as if I meant the Passport will out sell the iPhone 6 which was not my intent so I edited it.
    09-09-14 06:54 PM
    I would love that but it's highly unlikely. Waiting to see...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:55 PM
    I will agree with the "If the BlackBerry Passport is marketed correctly"bit.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    09-09-14 06:57 PM
    Apple paid U2 to distribute their new album free to all 500 million iTunes users. I'm guessing they paid more for that than the entire Passport marketing budget.
    09-09-14 06:58 PM
    A little bit off topic, but I noticed that T-Mobile is only offering the iPhone 6 as an unlocked phone for full price. Now does that give any hope that they may also just do the same thing with the Passport? It would be great if they supported the Passport so that the Wi-Fi calling feature and VoLTE would work.
    09-09-14 07:02 PM
    If the BlackBerry Passport is marketed correctly, it should blow the doors off the iPhone 6 or should I say the Galaxy/HTC M8 rip off with an Apple logo. Do others share my optimism for the Passport release?
    Wishful thinking.

Posted from a D618
    09-09-14 07:03 PM
    Wishful thinking OP. Passport is not a mass market product, it is a enterprise grade smartphone. So not sure if Joe Doe will give it an opportunity.

Also, our perception ... too much BlackBerry brand hate around the woods.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1, willie44, gokulesh and 1 others like this.
    09-09-14 07:05 PM
    Don't forget Apple has star power, I'm interested to find out about I pay if it's a payed subscription or free. Why would anyone want to pay to use their own money!?

Z10
    09-09-14 07:05 PM
    A little bit off topic, but I noticed that T-Mobile is only offering the iPhone 6 as an unlocked phone for full price. Now does that give any hope that they may also just do the same thing with the Passport? It would be great if they supported the Passport so that the Wi-Fi calling feature and VoLTE would work.
    There is no standing contract between BlackBerry and T-Mobile. T-Mobile can't sell BlackBerry Phones.
    09-09-14 07:06 PM
    Do people really believe the passport is going to sell anywhere near as a Android or iOS device?..

It's not even funny anymore...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:06 PM
    Don't forget Apple has star power, I'm interested to find out about I pay if it's a payed subscription or free. Why would anyone want to pay to use their own money!?

We did have Alicia Keyes though, LOL

Z10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-09-14 07:07 PM
    LOL... no way. The truth is, the iPhone 6 and 6 plus actually do provide a very clear reason to upgrade from all previous versions... a bigger screen.

The Passport will never even come close to its success. I don't think it was ever intended to. I just hope it does as well as BlackBerry needs it to in order to continue trucking along.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:11 PM
    I guess, what I really meant to say was that the Passport should blow it away on actual specs, usability, efficiencies and things like that. The iPhone 6 is beautiful, but in terms of function, I believe the Passport has much more to offer. Blackberry OS 10 already won best mobile operating system, now BlackBerry addressed the form aspect with a beautiful 4.5" square screen that makes reading and productivity so much easier, not to mention it has a physical keyboard that has capacitive touch. Yes, you are correct, the Passport won't out sell Androids and ios devices, but it will be superior phone in many ways.
    09-09-14 07:12 PM
    LOL... no way. The truth is, the iPhone 6 and 6 plus actually do provide a very clear reason to upgrade from all previous versions... a bigger screen.

The Passport will never even come close to its success. I don't think it was ever intended to. I just hope it does as well as BlackBerry needs it to in order to continue trucking along.

Posted via CB10
    That's the key AnimalPak, they just need to sell enough to keep trucking along. I totally agree with that. They need to make some waves and show enterprise in particular that they are relevant and a serious player. Hopefully they can snag some of the regular consumer market as well.
    09-09-14 07:14 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Blackberry has revoked T-Mobile's license to sell devices.
    This was in retribution to the ads they put up to lure Blackberry users to iPhones a few months ago.
    FalkirkEagle likes this.
    09-09-14 07:30 PM
    I find it funny that all the iPhone users laughed at my Z30 screen size and now apple reinvented he wheel.

I'm waiting for the passport and I don't care who else is. I want what I want.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:39 PM
    I find it funny that all the iPhone users laughed at my Z30 screen size and now apple reinvented he wheel.

I'm waiting for the passport and I don't care who else is. I want what I want.

Posted via CB10
    Sooo True!!! When I bought my Galaxy SIII I was mocked and laughed at the size of my 4.7" screen by all of the iPhone sycophants. Now over 2 years later they are swooning and praising apple for their "revolutionary" phone with a screen size never tried before.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    09-09-14 07:43 PM
    If the BlackBerry Passport is marketed correctly, it should blow the doors off the iPhone 6 or should I say the Galaxy/HTC M8 rip off with an Apple logo. Do others share my optimism for the Passport release?
    How can you sell any phone if half the carriers will not stock it?
    09-09-14 07:59 PM
    Blackberry terminated the license with T-mobile. No Blackberry devices will be sold by that carrier
    09-09-14 08:00 PM
    Iphone 6, 2014 and still only 1 GB of RAM. Sheesh.
    09-09-14 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good point. I agree with your line of thinking.

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 and NG888 like this.
    09-09-14 08:07 PM
    Sorry but you forgot that without an ecosystem, no matter the specs, a phone alone cannot succeed.
    The Amazon App store is going to come on the Passport offering hundreds of thousands of native Android apps. No, it's not the 1.3 million apps that the Apple app store has, but it should cover most of the bases. Anyways about 1.2 million of the 1.3 million apple apps are garbage like "candy crush", "snap chat" or a plethora of other anti-productive or anti-privacy apps.
    damibond likes this.
    09-09-14 08:15 PM
    The Amazon App store is going to come on the Passport offering hundreds of thousands of native Android apps. No, it's not the 1.3 million apps that the Apple app store has, but it should cover most of the bases. Anyways about 1.2 million of the 1.3 million apple apps are garbage like "candy crush", "snap chat" or a plethora of other anti-productive or anti-privacy apps.
    Yeah right.. Amazon store is third party apps..sorry not interested in a Starbucks app made by xyz instead of made by Starbucks
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-09-14 08:21 PM
    Iphone 6, 2014 and still only 1 GB of RAM. Sheesh.
    You don't know much about iOS do you?..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:23 PM
    I for one am more excited for the PassPort after seeing the iPhone reveals today. That being said, I was already excited for the PassPort to begin with. Although specs aren't everything, I was shocked with the specs of the new iphones. Specifically battery life...the iPhone 6 battery life is on par with the 5s with LTE browsing. That's kind of absurd. Their numbers weren't totally impressive. I for one would be happier with a 4.7 over a 5.5 but it looks as the the 4.7 is getting the shaft a bit...Anyway. It just made me appreciate the PassPort specs and initiative much more.

Posted via CB10
    SBrowne823 likes this.
    09-09-14 08:29 PM
180 123 ...