With the recently announced NEW ipod touch..
    and the same bells and whistles like the iphone 4
    Retina display, face time calling, A4 chip etc
    anybody considering carrying 2 devices?
    one for calls and one for multimedia.
    i know i am one of those people..
    since i'm carrying a torch and an ipad right now
    09-01-10 09:58 PM
    I already carry two devices. I have a Bold 9650 and an Ipod Touch. I use my Ipod everyday. I like to watch movies as much as I listen to music. I won't be purchasing or replacing my existing Ipod anytime soon - the new features just don't excite me.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-01-10 10:09 PM
    I'm waiting for the rumoured 7" iPad or maybe even an Blackpad. I have a Touch but the screen is too small for surfing imo
    09-01-10 10:25 PM
    I'm waiting for the rumoured 7" iPad or maybe even an Blackpad. I have a Touch but the screen is too small for surfing imo
    i agree with the screen size..
    but carrying the iPad also has disadvantages..
    i find it bulky.. and " another one" to carry since i have a work laptop and also a personal laptop..
    09-01-10 10:34 PM
    I currently carry bout the blackberry 9700 and ipod touch for 8 months. I appreciate each devices for its strengths. It's a win win situation. Now my wear and tear on my blackberry has gone down signifcantly and memory isn't as clogged with fun stuff.
    09-02-10 08:49 AM
    iPhone 4 does what I need in spades so not even a question for me.
    09-02-10 09:49 AM
    Yea, I did that for ages till I converted so to speak and just got an iPhone.

Although my iPod just died so I may look into one of the new iPods
    Last edited by Totalimmortal363; 09-02-10 at 11:17 AM.
    09-02-10 10:00 AM
    well the price of the new ipods clearly saves people from the 2 yr commitment when they do the upgrades..
    and the ETF has been raised to $325.00 so even at the 23rd month, if you decide to cancel you'll owe AT&T $95.00 for getting an upgrade..
    and i also think this will bring the iphone 4 experience minus the phone of course to non AT&T subscribers.. and that's a good thing in my book
    09-02-10 11:02 AM
    well the price of the new ipods clearly saves people from the 2 yr commitment when they do the upgrades..
    and the ETF has been raised to $325.00 so even at the 23rd month, if you decide to cancel you'll owe AT&T $95.00 for getting an upgrade..
    and i also think this will bring the iphone 4 experience minus the phone of course to non AT&T subscribers.. and that's a good thing in my book
    I agree that there are only positives

No 2yr contract when you know a new iPhone is coming out next year lol and you will be stuck. No $325 cancellation. No crappy AT&T network (I know most of you wouldn't agree but my opinion isn't going to change until I see some bars). And since FaceTime only works over Wifi anyways out of the box and the Touch only works on Wifi period , I can hotspot it to my Android on the go--it's a win-win. I will be upgrading my Touch to a 4 Gen.
    09-02-10 12:00 PM
    anybody considering carrying 2 devices?
    one for calls and one for multimedia.
    Carrying two devices makes no sense unless each device fulfills a need the other device simply cannot fulfill.

My iphone4 works great for everything I need to do, no regrets about selling my Blackberry 9700. The areas where it outshines the iphone are not important to my needs.

If I should one day buy a tablet (ipad or other), it will be to replace times I'd have carried my laptop.
    09-02-10 02:53 PM
    Carrying two devices makes no sense unless each device fulfills a need the other device simply cannot fulfill.

If I should one day buy a tablet (ipad or other), it will be to replace times I'd have carried my laptop.
    about the ipad..

it will never replace your laptop unless you're just browsing the web..
    the simplest thing like the USB slot is not in the Ipad making it impossible to use a pre paid USB modem... or check the files that your officemate has on his/her USB..
    i used to think that having one device is better... but i gave up.. something has to give whether it's the camera quality or the video quality of the new phones or something else..
    i carry a lot of stuff in my line of work.. maybe that explains the mentality..
    i almost forgot.. even though i have a DSLR.. i still carry a reliable point and shoot camera with it.. but that's just me
    09-02-10 03:05 PM
    First, yes I consider the combination of different Apple products with my Blackberry. Not the Iphone though. I need only one cellular device and my Blackberry is Nr.1 priority.
    Ipods are a different issue. Let's talk about the Ipod Touch. Yesterday I read that the Ipod Touch and Iphone's game market outsells Nintendo DS and PSP combined. Gaming is very popular on Apple products it appears. Am I into mobile gaming? No.
    I agree, it is nice to look at the retina display, but I wouldn't get the Ipod Touch just for the fast and crisp browsing experience or the HD videos to watch on it. When I need to check something on the net the OS6 WebKit will do the job just fine. Same goes for video playing. The Blackberry will do the job just fine, yet in lower quality, but that "lack" of speed/quality is not enough to justify a second device. Facetime is in its baby shoes, so I wouldn't get the Ipod Touch based on it. Overall I consider the Ipod Touch a mustimedia center and a gaming device. I don't need mobile gaming, and I cover the multimedia aspect with cheaper and more compact devices.

The only thing I really need is music. For that specific purpose I got a 4th gen Ipod Nano. I have to admit that I consider spending a few bucks on a new stylish 5th gen. It's not better. It is just another accessory for me that has the same functions as its predecessor (plus touch screen). It's compact form suits me especially when I'm working out - the smaller and lighter the better. So it would be an "upgrade" so to speak.

Blackberry+Ipod Touch - not for me
    Blackberry+Ipod Nano/Shuffle - must have !
    Last edited by iBerry Lifestyle; 09-02-10 at 06:30 PM.
    09-02-10 06:17 PM
    i was considering getting a new ipod touch hoping it would have 3G like the ipad. my plan was to downgrade my bb plan to just bbm and email and get a small plan for the ipod. guess that wont be happening
    09-02-10 06:48 PM
    I carry both. BB for business and I use the iphone for everything else. I also have a program that makes the iphone a wifi hotspot and I can connect my laptop when very easily. Never thought I'd be one to carry two devices.
    09-02-10 07:47 PM
    about the ipad..

it will never replace your laptop unless you're just browsing the web..
    Thank you for making sure.

What I didn't get into is there are times I carry my personal laptop to class after work for things that are more than I'd want to do on my iphone, but are really just accessing materials on the web or limited text entry. It'd be nice to have the larger screen of an ipad, but I don't need the full features of a laptop.

I am well aware that it cannot replace my laptop in terms of general use.

Again, thanks, I see how my comment could be interpreted as you did.
    09-02-10 10:38 PM
    I get the joke........it doesn't make call, so no hassle of dropping a call......I got one for you with the ip4

Would you get one?

09-03-10 01:41 AM
    No need for me to carry 2 devices. My smartphone allows me to have all these features in one device. I already leave my ipod touch in my car.
    09-03-10 02:12 AM
    That's the joke......idk, I'd buy it and leave it for home. Use a blabberry on the go. I think I could work that combo.

09-03-10 02:30 AM
    I think it's the ultimate combo.

anyone know if the new iPod touch has gps? I have a Tomtom app on my iphone4. The info is loaded locally in the phone. it uses the internal gps to navigate. it works with or without a sim,,,, another words, it doesn't require a cell network. if the iPod touch4 has gps-- it'll work great. this is one of the main things keeping me on the iPhone more often than my 9700.

09-03-10 10:28 PM
    i don't think it has GPS.. i maybe wrong.
    09-04-10 11:43 AM
    No. Maybe in the future but right now, none of the BB models interest me.
    09-04-10 01:22 PM
    I just started carrying both devices also. I have had BBs for 2 years and just picked up a 3g itouch 32 gig last week. I use my 9000 for email and other business matters. I got the touch to use for entertainment. I am considering getting a used iphone 3gs 32g when i find one at the right price. Not sure if I would use an iphone exclusively because i really do not like the touch keypad.
    09-04-10 05:15 PM
    the new ipod touch are now available the Apple retail stores..
    i'll definitely check one out... i have tons of games to transfer anyway
    09-08-10 11:13 AM
    I have an iTouch and a Torch. Each of them excels in their own areas.
    09-09-10 01:36 PM
    I've got my Tour (for now) and I just picked up a brand new 64GB iPod Touch yesterday. My first ever iPod Touch as well. I love it. It is so darn smooth and fun to play with. I'm looking forward to the day I can buy a case for it as the finger prints on it are driving me crazy but it's such a great device.

In January when my contract is up I'll be moving to the iPhone 4. Either via AT&T or Verizon if they supposedly get it which I don't personally believe.
    09-09-10 02:42 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD