I've been searching the internet, but haven't found anything concrete, so have you iPhone geeky types heard anything? I assume the launch will happen soon if it's going to at all.
    07-22-11 04:59 PM
    Keep an eye on the Betas for iOS 5 based on history the OS should be ready late august with a phone launch I am predicting in Sept.
    07-22-11 05:16 PM
    Sof ar the competing rumours are identical design with spec bump, identical design but bigger screen with maybe spec bump, and new design based off of the new macs with maybe a bigger screen and/or spec bump.
    Last edited by grahamf; 07-22-11 at 05:21 PM.
    07-22-11 05:17 PM
    Last i heard, it was between Oct. & Dec. They keep these things so secretive, it's hard to get any info at all!
    07-22-11 05:18 PM
    And for good measure I am receiving beta 4 now OTA.........
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 07-22-11 at 05:57 PM.
    07-22-11 05:20 PM
    Verizon CEO hinted at fall release, saying they expect the Iphone 5. No mention of September, I don't think, but the article I read speculated September.
    07-22-11 06:38 PM
    hmm...i'd think if it were september we'd know about it already. oh well...yeah googling is useless. it's like "we have news about iphone 5!" then you click on it and it's like "lol jk, this is about pr0n" ugh...
    07-23-11 04:12 PM
    i can hardly wait for all those people lining up the night before the launch outside of apple stores and posting videos on youtube.they call it "camping".it amazes me what length some people will go to get what they want.well im not type of person.meaning not going wait outside the night before for any new product.i will wait and then test drive in retail shop.
    07-23-11 07:37 PM
    i can hardly wait for all those people lining up the night before the launch outside of apple stores and posting videos on youtube.they call it "camping".it amazes me what length some people will go to get what they want.well im not type of person.meaning not going wait outside the night before for any new product.i will wait and then test drive in retail shop.
    *hint* there's a " " after the ".", and the first letter after that is always capitalized. Unless it is a stylized word such as an iWord.
    07-23-11 07:47 PM
    *hint* there's a " " after the ".", and the first letter after that is always capitalized. Unless it is a stylized word such as an iWord.
    ha ha now a teacher is going to correct all grammatical errors on posts by folks on cb.well im not one of those who follows the annual spelling bee that takes place every year where every pronunciation,spelling,and grammar is of utter importance.my school days are behind me.but my english is still powerful even though i can make an error every now and then.hey im a human.humans make mistakes.its just in our dna.
    07-23-11 08:10 PM
    ha ha now a teacher is going to correct all grammatical errors on posts by folks on cb.well im not one of those who follows the annual spelling bee that takes place every year where every pronunciation,spelling,and grammar is of utter importance.my school days are behind me.but my english is still powerful even though i can make an error every now and then.hey im a human.humans make mistakes.its just in our dna.
    True, but it does become mildly annoying.
    07-23-11 11:54 PM
    Hey!!!!! Maybe he's using a 9780 with a stuttering keypad!! Mine does all kinda weird stuff. Cut the guy a break!! :-))

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    olliegrl likes this.
    07-23-11 11:59 PM
    Honestly,I hope he stays here-im goin back 2 school 2 get my GED,so he'll b able 2 help me when I make a mistake.lol!!!

07-24-11 04:26 PM
    Da newz on da streetz is dhat da iphone fivez, comin out soon enuff.but idk wen it be comin out doe lol

07-24-11 05:54 PM
    I've decided to skip the iPhone5, and wait for the iPhone6. It should be out when my present contract expires in Dec. 2012!
    07-24-11 06:45 PM
    I've decided to skip the iPhone5, and wait for the iPhone6. It should be out when my present contract expires in Dec. 2012!
    avoiding the english lesson above...

yeah i'm almost with you on that...with the lack of 4G and all...but i'll prolly cave and get the 5 anyway
    07-25-11 05:09 PM
    avoiding the english lesson above...

yeah i'm almost with you on that...with the lack of 4G and all...but i'll prolly cave and get the 5 anyway
    I find the lack of 4G (LTE) a blessing in disguise. Availability in areas and better
    chips would be much better a year from the release of the iPhone 5 anyway.
    Since no one would understand that and people would have all kinds of problems
    with signal drops and long transitions from 3G-4G, the blame would be unfairly
    put on Apple. They don't need another iPhone release mess.
    07-25-11 07:02 PM
    true....and honestly verizon's 3G isn't bad for me...i had 4G on tmo and i hardly notice a difference.
    07-26-11 03:57 PM
    Nobody knows. I'm going all in on the first day Sprint starts selling them though (well, first week at the very worst)
    07-31-11 11:31 PM
    Ask my Magic 8 ball. It has a pretty good chance of being correct.
    07-31-11 11:54 PM
    I find the lack of 4G (LTE) a blessing in disguise. Availability in areas and better
    chips would be much better a year from the release of the iPhone 5 anyway.
    Since no one would understand that and people would have all kinds of problems
    with signal drops and long transitions from 3G-4G, the blame would be unfairly
    put on Apple. They don't need another iPhone release mess.
    Plus aren't the early LTE phones suffering from horrible battery life when connected to 4G LTE compared to 3G? That might be something Apple wants to avoid for the time being....
    08-01-11 05:02 AM
    I doubt anything faster than HSPA+ or EVDO Rev. A will make the cut for any of the next gen iPhones. The 6th generation device though, almost guaranteed. (You can bet they're already working furiously on it.)

I'm a little disappointed Sprint and Verizon have not felt the need to upgrade their 3G networks to EVDO Rev. B, which is significantly faster than "A"
    Last edited by Brandon26pdx; 08-01-11 at 11:13 AM.
    08-01-11 11:11 AM
    The next iPhone will have HSPA + and EVDO rev A at most. If you look at the launch of the original iPhone, Apple wait until 3G was rolled out in a lot more places to add it to the 2nd generation iPhone.

So although Verizon has it in a lot of places, it isn't as widespread as they'd probably like, nor has the battery situation probably been researched enough to use LTE effectively.
    08-01-11 11:46 AM
    VZ would hope its LTE capable and only HSPA+ compatible.
    08-01-11 12:57 PM
    will it have a front facing camera that like so many people desire to have on their devices?most sought out question
    08-07-11 07:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD