I sense a general consensus that of what I've been feeling and seeing for awhile.

The iphone doesn't cause frustration. This is the #1 reason why people are making the switch.. Since I've had an iPhone, it's performed exactly how it's designed to. No crashes, no random reboots, no 5 minute reboots, no slowdowns, no mis-aligned screens, nothing.. functions how it's supposed to and this is why more and more people will make the switch unless RIM can pull their head out of their cheeks.

I have no regrets leaving the BB for my iPhone. I did it willingly because my company paid for mine as they did my 3GS.. I would happily pay for this device myself however.. It's THAT good.

I know sometimes I sound like an Apple fanboy, but I'm not. I don't like any of their products except their iPods.. I just happen to own one with a phone in it.
    06-26-09 11:57 AM
    I sense a general consensus that of what I've been feeling and seeing for awhile.

The iphone doesn't cause frustration. This is the #1 reason why people are making the switch.. Since I've had an iPhone, it's performed exactly how it's designed to. No crashes, no random reboots, no 5 minute reboots, no slowdowns, no mis-aligned screens, nothing.. functions how it's supposed to and this is why more and more people will make the switch unless RIM can pull their head out of their cheeks.

I have no regrets leaving the BB for my iPhone. I did it willingly because my company paid for mine as they did my 3GS.. I would happily pay for this device myself however.. It's THAT good.

I know sometimes I sound like an Apple fanboy, but I'm not. I don't like any of their products except their iPods.. I just happen to own one with a phone in it.
    Very good points. I think you're right. The iPhone functions the way it's intended without all the quirks. If there are too many quirks then you know something is wrong with you iPhone and you need to get another. But with a blackberry, the quirks are normal and expected and people are tired of dealing with them. You put a functional OS on a sleek device, you probably have a winner.
    06-26-09 01:22 PM
    I just got the 3GS yesterday and I love it. My 8900 is unlocked so I'm going to keep it because it has it's uses but push was never a biggie for me so I had no real use for one. However, tmobile just did not have the coverage I needed that AT&T has.
    06-26-09 02:54 PM
    I just got the 3GS yesterday and I love it. My 8900 is unlocked so I'm going to keep it because it has it's uses but push was never a biggie for me so I had no real use for one. However, tmobile just did not have the coverage I needed that AT&T has.
    Your avaatar is the best villian ever!! Danial D. Louis plays the best roll in that movie.. love it.

but yah.. I have no regrets.
    06-26-09 03:05 PM
    I'm up for an upgrade the first of July and I'm thinking about switching over to an iPhone 3GS. I'm a currently BB 8310 user. I've been using a Blackberry for the last 3+ years. My wife has an iPhone 3G, so I somewhat know what I'm getting myself into. I do have a couple of questions for those who have switched from BB to iPhone.

1. Typing - How has the transition been? After time, do you feel like you're close to typing the same speed as your BB? What about typing one handed (driving, walking, etc.)?

2. Battery Life - My wife's 3G is dead around 8pm every day, where my curve is around 40-50% battery at the end of the day. Has this improved with 3GS?

3. Outlook Sync - How does this compare with a BB?

4. Notifications - How do you like the smaller choice of notifications. For example I have different customizable sounds for each email account, SMS, MMS, voicemail, etc. It appears that the iPhone has fewer options for this.

5. LED - Do you miss your blinking LED light?

Thanks for everyone's input!
    06-28-09 12:40 PM
    1. Typing - How has the transition been? After time, do you feel like you're close to typing the same speed as your BB? What about typing one handed (driving, walking, etc.)?

2. Battery Life - My wife's 3G is dead around 8pm every day, where my curve is around 40-50% battery at the end of the day. Has this improved with 3GS?

4. Notifications - How do you like the smaller choice of notifications. For example I have different customizable sounds for each email account, SMS, MMS, voicemail, etc. It appears that the iPhone has fewer options for this.

1. I type faster on the iPhone than I do on my Bold. Once you get the hang of it, all you really need to do is glide your thumbs across the screen. VERY simple. If you mess up, the iPhone has the best auto correction in the business, so you'll be fine.

2. I don't have my 3GS yet, but my 3G lasted just as long as my Bold. 1 full day of use.

3. I don't use Windows.

4. I keep all my phones on Vibrate, so I can't help you here.

5. No I never had a problem with no blinking LED. With the iPhone, you'll probably never keep your hands off it so you'll always know when you have a notification. Yes the blinking LED is nice but I'm able to live without it.
    06-28-09 01:05 PM
    I'm up for an upgrade the first of July and I'm thinking about switching over to an iPhone 3GS. I'm a currently BB 8310 user. I've been using a Blackberry for the last 3+ years. My wife has an iPhone 3G, so I somewhat know what I'm getting myself into. I do have a couple of questions for those who have switched from BB to iPhone.

I can't answer all your questions because I don't use windows but I will say a few things.

As far as typing, I type very very fast on the 3gs I think faster than my full qwerty blackberrys, and definitely faster than on my storm.

and about the LED light. I feel like the iPhone took a load of pressure off of my shoulders. that blinking light created a monster out of me. I felt like I had to answer people back right away and it would add more stress. the iPhone is nice because I don't feel the need to answer people back right away. When I am at work, and I need my phone for something that is one thing, but now on the weekends I don't feel the need to jump at my phone and answer people or emails back all the time.

All the different notifications would drive me nuts after a while too. I would have 100 emails coming in, 5 bbm messages, like 5 sms messages, a few facebook notifications etc...

With the iPhone it is only email, text, call... thats it. And I can turn push off if I want and not have to think about it.

the blackberry made my ADD go haywire, and the iPhone is kind of like the calm after the Storm.
    06-28-09 02:17 PM
    I can't answer all your questions because I don't use windows but I will say a few things.

As far as typing, I type very very fast on the 3gs I think faster than my full qwerty blackberrys, and definitely faster than on my storm.

and about the LED light. I feel like the iPhone took a load of pressure off of my shoulders. that blinking light created a monster out of me. I felt like I had to answer people back right away and it would add more stress. the iPhone is nice because I don't feel the need to answer people back right away. When I am at work, and I need my phone for something that is one thing, but now on the weekends I don't feel the need to jump at my phone and answer people or emails back all the time.

All the different notifications would drive me nuts after a while too. I would have 100 emails coming in, 5 bbm messages, like 5 sms messages, a few facebook notifications etc...

With the iPhone it is only email, text, call... thats it. And I can turn push off if I want and not have to think about it.

the blackberry made my ADD go haywire, and the iPhone is kind of like the calm after the Storm.
    I love my notification sounds and LED light. I can hear and see my phone across the room and know whether its a personal, work and sms, then answer it appropriately. If I hear my work notification on the weekend, I let my phone just sit there.

I also forgot about losing BB messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 07:01 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD