bb just cant make a non-keyboard phone it wont work plain and simple
    06-25-09 11:22 AM
    I made the switch and love it. I had the Storm and it was just a phone to me as I could not really do a lot of the things I wanted to do with it because it was so buggy. I am sure RIM will get it right eventually. I love Blackberry's and have had one for a long time. But the iPhone is just really cool for me. The OS is really nice. In two years I look forward to getting the coolest thing for me out there that is LTE, whether it be an iphone, or BB or whatever.
    06-25-09 02:50 PM
    don't be to quick on jumping down bb's throat though its nice you admit that you shouldn't have talked crap but I still have a feeling that when all the gooeyness wheres off you will get bored.. just like many others will..

I took a browse through the apps today just for funnys..

and honestly you can only use so many IM clients and keyboards in different modes and silly stuff for so long..

when you start actually just using it as your everyday phone just like the storm in the beginning until now you may see it differently

just saying..

I do think apple has a nice product but people constantly complain about how nothing gets updated..

the iPhone has had 3 major updates 1 was the app store which was possibly the biggest update they did.

the new things should haven been in the initial launch so now its finally getting up to par with a normal phone..

but really overall nothing about the phone has changed interface wize

I truly think its only a matter of time before it all wheres off and they have to be innovative again which I hope happens..

I did apple once.. and when we begged for basic features all over there forums we got little to no response by "anyone" and none of those features the basic ones came tell now..

almost 4 years later..

now don't call me a apple hater because Im not I use a macbook 90 percent of my computing.

but anyone who likes apple will know one thing they are innovative but being innovative has a downside "they dont listen to anyone"

IE the major negative reviews of the 17 inch macbook pro having a sealed battery.. and now the entire macbookpro line has a sealed battery..
    I have to ask: if the iPhone was introduced in January 2007 and released in the US on June 29, 2007, how does this make "almost four years later"?

On the other hand, RIM has been marketing the BB since 2002 and has yet to master the art of producing a stable OS. After all this time, they still produce a smartphone that needs to be rebooted daily, lags in a majority of their applications, doesn't use the SD card for application storage and the list goes on.

I guess we'll just have to get by with the iPhone. It just seems to work. And I've had all three variants and find every sucessive release to be better than the last and more than adequate in every day use. Sadly, I can't say the same about Blackberry.
    06-25-09 04:15 PM
    Personally, I hate touch screen phones. So, BB is the way to go for me. Just not the Storm! Both, RIM and Apple make great products, no need to bad mouth! Just buy what fits your needs and what you like. Period.
    Last edited by BlkBryAddict; 06-25-09 at 04:43 PM. Reason: forgot to mention storm
    06-25-09 04:42 PM
    bb battery life on iphone would end all comp.
    06-25-09 04:48 PM
    I have to ask: if the iPhone was introduced in January 2007 and released in the US on June 29, 2007, how does this make "almost four years later"?

On the other hand, RIM has been marketing the BB since 2002 and has yet to master the art of producing a stable OS. After all this time, they still produce a smartphone that needs to be rebooted daily, lags in a majority of their applications, doesn't use the SD card for application storage and the list goes on.

I guess we'll just have to get by with the iPhone. It just seems to work. And I've had all three variants and find every sucessive release to be better than the last and more than adequate in every day use. Sadly, I can't say the same about Blackberry.

yup your right about the years but my point is that people say RIM never upgrades the looks and device..

yet every iPhone looks identical no difference well actually ill take that back the first iPhone had a metal back then they switched it to plastic which was a awesome move! same price though!

and the OS looks identical to the day it did when it first launched another thing that supposed people of pre blackberry to iPhone use have complained about blackberrys never changing the OS..

so I ask myself this..

FINE be happy with the iPhone but don't make comments that are completely rediculous when your phone has almost done it worse then the competitors in that department...

do I think the iPhone runs bad NO i don't do I think the gamey novelty wares off fast yes I do..

and in response I remember when the storm first came out and people were saying that the iPhone landscape flip was so much faster..

I was on os.65 for storm and had a iPhone in my hand with a video

and showed that my storm blew the iPhone out of the water in that category..

believe me I know my phones..

I gave apple every chance in the world with the iPhone.. begging for basic features on there forums to no response...

and years later the features that we begged for "even after promis" aren't released on launch..

I love my mac computers but apple truly does feel that the customers get no say and they try everything they can to make it there way or no way before agreeing that the customer is right..

comon do you honestly think some of there decisions were right?>

locking the battery inside the device? forcing you to get a battery from them which in turn costs almost twice as a battery from anywhere else..

I have a ipod and its just as rediculous on those too.

give me a break.

everyone has to pick there phone that they want and like. I have no problem with that but it just seems like the touting of certain options from specifically "iPhone" users is just rediculous go to the actually iPhone forums and read the problems with the phone its pretty dang bad.. there is the same amount of problems over there as there was here with the storm..

I was on that forum for a long time..

if they changed some key things I would consider getting one again..

1 is multi tasking..

I donno I like bb's there is no doubt about that but I don't stand blind to other technology either or I would have never owned a iPhone to begin with.
    06-25-09 04:59 PM
    Multitasking they would very much like to have but it kills the already shaky battery. If the battery is any worse people head for the return window with it. It's one thing they won't put up with along with freezes and dropped calls. Everything else is pretty much who cares except for forum fanatics like us. Copy/paste? Most people can't do that on a pc. MMS? They think that's Mickey Mouse Speaks.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 06-25-09 at 05:44 PM.
    06-25-09 05:35 PM
    Hey I went through both the previous iphones (2G and 3G) and landed on blackberry. The iphone doesn't have the sophistication blackberry has....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 05:39 PM
    yup your right about the years but my point is that people say RIM never upgrades the looks and device..

yet every iPhone looks identical no difference well actually ill take that back the first iPhone had a metal back then they switched it to plastic which was a awesome move! same price though!

and the OS looks identical to the day it did when it first launched another thing that supposed people of pre blackberry to iPhone use have complained about blackberrys never changing the OS..

so I ask myself this..

FINE be happy with the iPhone but don't make comments that are completely rediculous when your phone has almost done it worse then the competitors in that department...

do I think the iPhone runs bad NO i don't do I think the gamey novelty wares off fast yes I do..

and in response I remember when the storm first came out and people were saying that the iPhone landscape flip was so much faster..

I was on os.65 for storm and had a iPhone in my hand with a video

and showed that my storm blew the iPhone out of the water in that category..

believe me I know my phones..

I gave apple every chance in the world with the iPhone.. begging for basic features on there forums to no response...

and years later the features that we begged for "even after promis" aren't released on launch..

I love my mac computers but apple truly does feel that the customers get no say and they try everything they can to make it there way or no way before agreeing that the customer is right..

comon do you honestly think some of there decisions were right?>

locking the battery inside the device? forcing you to get a battery from them which in turn costs almost twice as a battery from anywhere else..

I have a ipod and its just as rediculous on those too.

give me a break.

everyone has to pick there phone that they want and like. I have no problem with that but it just seems like the touting of certain options from specifically "iPhone" users is just rediculous go to the actually iPhone forums and read the problems with the phone its pretty dang bad.. there is the same amount of problems over there as there was here with the storm..

I was on that forum for a long time..

if they changed some key things I would consider getting one again..

1 is multi tasking..

I donno I like bb's there is no doubt about that but I don't stand blind to other technology either or I would have never owned a iPhone to begin with.
    This guy reminds me of bigman2 that use to come on here and make all these long replies about nothing. Look if you don't like the iPhone or your prefer blackberry better then fine. We all could understand that. But this thread was about BB users to ditched them to go to the iPhone, not which device is better. Stop it with all the page long garbage responds. Keep loving your crappy Storm.
    06-25-09 06:09 PM
    Lol I'm getting my iphone this weekend and I've played with my friends and also at the store. Been going back and fourth looking at the bold and iphone. Iphone has won tho ill let u kno what I think when I own one. I can't wait 2 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:38 PM
    U will never want to go back to ur bold once u get ur 3gs running
    06-25-09 07:51 PM
    you guys are so blind. Just watch, the sales of iphones is going to decrease....and RIM will claim is throne that it has been holding. The fact is blackberry is more sophisticated. And there are going into the right direction. People are going to get tired of the little iToy no offense but thats what it is....this storm is for serious people who are willing to invest in the future of a TRUE innovation.
    06-25-09 08:12 PM
    blackberry creates solutions to important mature things, iphone creatures solutions to boredom.
    06-25-09 08:13 PM
    my bold was so boring i didnt even care if i dropped it when i had it. i made sure to insurance claim it b4 i got the iphone so i can sell the bold which i plan to do shortly so if anyone is looking for a bold thats brand new my sim has never touched it drop me a msg.

also i got the bestbuy insurance for the iphone so if i drop it i wont care
    06-25-09 08:33 PM
    Bestbuy has insurance for the iPhone? Can I get it if I didn't buy from them?
    06-25-09 08:41 PM
    no you cant i tried this because i had to get one of my 2 phones from the core store... yeah its $15.00 a month they will replace it if u break it or crack it ..basically anything u can drop it in water and they will give u a new one. no deductable no hassle! just take the phone in, manager told me it could be in peices as long as i can bring at least 3/4 of the phone in for them to send bck they will mail me a brand new kit in 3-5 days.

its called black tie geek squad or somethin crazy
    06-25-09 08:47 PM
    I'm Buying my next iPhone from best buy.
    06-25-09 08:58 PM
    you guys are so blind. Just watch, the sales of iphones is going to decrease....and RIM will claim is throne that it has been holding. The fact is blackberry is more sophisticated. And there are going into the right direction. People are going to get tired of the little iToy no offense but thats what it is....this storm is for serious people who are willing to invest in the future of a TRUE innovation.
    LOL okkkkkkk troll.

iphone isnt going anywhere, check the stats. RIM dropped 12% to new iphone users with the 3GS. Dont see Apple dropping any significant amount, other than pulling customers away from other platforms.

Take your hate elsewhere because you just sound 100% ignorant.
    06-25-09 09:41 PM
    reaper go return yours and rebuy it from bestbuy thats what id do
    06-25-09 09:52 PM
    LOL okkkkkkk troll.

iphone isnt going anywhere, check the stats. RIM dropped 12% to new iphone users with the 3GS. Dont see Apple dropping any significant amount, other than pulling customers away from other platforms.

Take your hate elsewhere because you just sound 100% ignorant.
    Lol. And I don't wanna return it, it's not worth it.
    06-25-09 10:00 PM
    yeh but youre paying $180 a year or $360 over 2 years. Thats not much cheaper than buying one off ebay or something by the time it depreciates.

Also squaretrade offeres insurance for $96 for the 16gb ($4/month) or $115.20 for the 32gb ($4.80/month)for 2 years covering drops and spills. theres a $50 deductible, but still WAY cheaper than 2 years of Best Buy coverage. And if you cancel before 2 years they refund the unused portion of the fee you paid for the number of months left.

Personally, unless youre going to water damage it, I dont see a need for any extra coverage past the Apple Care it comes with. You can replace the screen if it cracks (the most likely broken piece on a drop) locally more than likely for about $70. Unless youre butter fingers thats the cheapest route to go rather than coughing up $360 to Best Buy, more than or at least close to (depending on subsidy 199/399 for 16gb you paid) the cost of your phone.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-25-09 at 10:08 PM.
    06-25-09 10:01 PM
    360 + 199 is alot cheaper then buying it outright and having no warranty.. and if you notice the OG iphone is still going for $400 people r dumb enough to buy it for some unknown reason..

also squaretrade is mail away bestbuy is right in the store..

bestbuy also charges PER month not all at once which is sorta nice.. also if i drop my phone i want a new one i dont want to replace a screen im very picky so being picky costs i guess
    06-25-09 10:10 PM
    I dunno ive seen plenty of 8gb ones for 300 locally on craigslist and such. Having a 16 3GS, or the lower model, theyll be down to 3-400 within a year so it wont be a huge price difference in the end really
    06-25-09 10:21 PM
    8gb for 300 is high.. i mean a 3g should be selling for way less seeing as the new one is out. i kno alot of people where selling their phones in the malls the day of the 3gs rls it was crazy.
    06-25-09 10:23 PM
    This is not a BB vs iPhone thread.

Stay on topic. Thanks!
    06-26-09 02:30 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD