Are happy with your decision?

Thanks
    David.
    06-23-09 11:21 PM
    i have no regrets, for me iphone is so much more then the bb's that i had before its not even worth mentioning...
    06-23-09 11:35 PM
    well i jus got mine earlier, n boy i love how evrythin u want u got in one click the storm was a struggle, i let some of my friends use my fon n som of em cant even get the dial pad lol... but besides that i neva had an iphone till now n, wow... let me tell you .... this babe is so fast

Highly recommended
    06-23-09 11:45 PM
    No regrets man , love everything about the new iphone ...
    06-24-09 12:01 AM
    No regrets. You'll notice a huge difference. Still working things out, myself the battery lasts alot longer then the Iphone. Other then that I would say its all good.
    06-24-09 01:13 AM
    No regrets. You'll notice a huge difference. Still working things out, myself the battery lasts alot longer then the Iphone. Other then that I would say its all good.

I gotta admit.. I red your pin statement and its pretty funny.. but its the opposite really lol
    06-24-09 02:17 AM
    zero regrets from me. coming from a storm, the iPhone blows it out of the water. they really arent even comparable. its so much frther advanced, and so much easier to use. and im still on a 3g with 3.0 my 3GS comes in later this week
    06-24-09 03:48 AM
    people that go from the storm to the iphone will love it. when you see the difference it shows what the storm was missing. Its those that choose the iphone first not sure what they want that will have their doubts.
    06-24-09 04:52 AM
    Well I have both and the iPhone out performs the blackberry 5x or more...
    06-24-09 06:11 AM
    Loving every minute of it, not having MMS is kind of a disappointment, but I just read Sooks post so if I can get that to work, I will have no complaints at all.
    06-24-09 12:05 PM
    If the Iphone was not on AT&T I would probably go to it. I never understand the fascination with the device. Then I won a 2nd Generation Itouch. I spent the $9.95 to go to 3.0. I prefer doing email on my Itouch versus my Storm or any BB for that matter. One thing is the exchange server on the Itouch works like it should. I never have to go to my gmail account to delete or move mail. Itouch set it up as IMAP not pain in the arss manevers like BB. The responsive screen is sweet. I hope that the rumors are true in VZW getting the iPhone then I will be getting one.

I had a HTC Titan(VZW XV6800) prior to my Storm so I have had two of the smart phone platforms. The interface of the Iphone/Itouch is much nicer and easier to navigate.
    06-24-09 01:04 PM
    went from bb storm to 3gs.

I knew what I was getting into since i have the 2nd gen touch-but wow- it imho is not even comparable to the storm. I love it and the free apps rule!

Btw, I will add that with the storm I installed every leaked os and even the official one- it just never seemed liked an operating system optimized to use a touch screen interface whereas the iphone was made for touch.

Web browsing is superior to any blackberry or any other phone. The 3gs on wifi is as fast as a laptop and faster than a netbook!

Anyway, I really like the phone and I've always wanted to get it but its on At&t. I just decided to switch and I will never go back to Verizon (unless they get some awesome exclusive phone someday) otherwise the service has been topnotch, the voice quality is vastly superior to my storm and I haven't dropped even one call yet (used to drop calls with the storm sometimes).
    06-24-09 02:44 PM
    No regrets man , love everything about the new iphone ...
    sooks, sure was surprised to see ya on here with an iphone!! i also made the switch from a storm and wow, i'll admit i was little bit of an iphone smack talker and i take it all back!! this phone rocks, and its so fast compared to storm os...
    messed around with my friends storm the other day and was thinging...wow, its a lot slower than i remember.
    06-24-09 04:54 PM
    I too have both and find the iPhone more responsive and does everything quickly and efficiently. No lag, crashes or freezes. Push mail works on yahoo, gmail is configured as IMAP and can be controlled completely on the phone.

An excellent device made even better with the hardware and software upgrade from Cupertino.
    06-24-09 05:00 PM
    I am almost ashamed to admit I waited 8 hours on line for the Storm. After going through 5 I finally told Verizon to go screw and went to AT&T for the Bold as I had heard that iPhones were more of a toy and not good for business use. I was with my company VP a few weeks ago and she was using an iPhone and loving it. So I went back with in my 30 days and swapped it for the 3G. Then the 3GS came out and they let me swap again. They are not supposed but being that it was just a few days they let me preorder my phone. I waited 20 minutes for my new phone on Friday. The people that work at AT&T blow away the nasty stuck up and full of themselves people that work at Verizon. I love my new phone and I love AT&T.
    06-24-09 05:28 PM
    I switched over from a Storm as well and both have their merits. The Storm, and all of it's warts, was a BlackBerry and did all of the BlackBerry expected stuff. Regarding business use, the iPhone 3Gs is hanging in there pretty good. I usually get ~ 40 emails a day, not as bad as some, and make a few calls. Starting out as ~ 6 am and shutting down the farm at ~ 10:30 pm, running 3G, and no GPS or wifi, I'm between 30% and 40% which isn't too bad.

I figure for travel days, I will kick down to 2G and dim out the display to conserve power until I get settled but from what I can see, the 3Gs is reasonable. Looking at email, ActiveSync is ActiveSync which works out well, good push support all day with no issues. The only thing missing is the ability to manage files (i.e. attached documents). Once someone drops an application for that with the side keyboard, the iPhone will truly be a competitor.

In the mean time, the iPhone gets the job done. It's not a BlackBerry and you if you are a long time Berry user, you will miss little things like fully customizable profiles. But hey, life is all about compromises.

eShawPM
    Recent convert to the dark side and no, I'm not your father.
    06-24-09 05:50 PM
    i went from a curve 8310 to a iphone 3g to a bold to a 3gs and i love my 3gs i missed my 3g because of all the fun games/apps and such. now i loved my blackberry for battery life/physical keyboard but i dont think ill be giving my iphone up for another blackberry appworld just cant compare!
    06-24-09 06:45 PM
    No regrets what so ever.

Only problem is I just bought a new 24" iMac and I don't know what I want to play with more.
    06-24-09 09:13 PM
    sooks, sure was surprised to see ya on here with an iphone!! i also made the switch from a storm and wow, i'll admit i was little bit of an iphone smack talker and i take it all back!! this phone rocks, and its so fast compared to storm os...
    messed around with my friends storm the other day and was thinging...wow, its a lot slower than i remember.
    LOL , yeah man me too, and i talked mad **** about the phone ( although i did say it was good quality lol ) but i take it all back now too its a great phone , glad i came to it , had no idea what i was missing out on
    06-24-09 11:19 PM
    **** No!! I love my 3GS!!
    06-24-09 11:37 PM
    switched from the bold to the 3gs and love it, dont have any regrets whatsoever. the 3gs speed is superior to that of the bold in terms of overall usage and browser speed, plus dont have the hassles of having to worry about memory leak and not to mention all the apps that are available for the iphone that are not for the bold.
    06-25-09 01:30 AM
    LOL , yeah man me too, and i talked mad **** about the phone ( although i did say it was good quality lol ) but i take it all back now too its a great phone , glad i came to it , had no idea what i was missing out on

don't be to quick on jumping down bb's throat though its nice you admit that you shouldn't have talked crap but I still have a feeling that when all the gooeyness wheres off you will get bored.. just like many others will..

I took a browse through the apps today just for funnys..

and honestly you can only use so many IM clients and keyboards in different modes and silly stuff for so long..

when you start actually just using it as your everyday phone just like the storm in the beginning until now you may see it differently

just saying..

I do think apple has a nice product but people constantly complain about how nothing gets updated..

the iPhone has had 3 major updates 1 was the app store which was possibly the biggest update they did.

the new things should haven been in the initial launch so now its finally getting up to par with a normal phone..

but really overall nothing about the phone has changed interface wize

I truly think its only a matter of time before it all wheres off and they have to be innovative again which I hope happens..

I did apple once.. and when we begged for basic features all over there forums we got little to no response by "anyone" and none of those features the basic ones came tell now..

almost 4 years later..

now don't call me a apple hater because Im not I use a macbook 90 percent of my computing.

but anyone who likes apple will know one thing they are innovative but being innovative has a downside "they dont listen to anyone"

IE the major negative reviews of the 17 inch macbook pro having a sealed battery.. and now the entire macbookpro line has a sealed battery..
    Last edited by noaim; 06-25-09 at 04:53 AM.
    06-25-09 04:49 AM
    i went from the BB to the 3g and it is incredible. i love it they the two phones are not even compareable
    06-25-09 05:02 AM
    none whatsoever
    06-25-09 10:08 AM
    don't be to quick on jumping down bb's throat though its nice you admit that you shouldn't have talked crap but I still have a feeling that when all the gooeyness wheres off you will get bored.. just like many others will..

I took a browse through the apps today just for funnys..

and honestly you can only use so many IM clients and keyboards in different modes and silly stuff for so long..

when you start actually just using it as your everyday phone just like the storm in the beginning until now you may see it differently

just saying..

I do think apple has a nice product but people constantly complain about how nothing gets updated..

the iPhone has had 3 major updates 1 was the app store which was possibly the biggest update they did.

the new things should haven been in the initial launch so now its finally getting up to par with a normal phone..

but really overall nothing about the phone has changed interface wize

I truly think its only a matter of time before it all wheres off and they have to be innovative again which I hope happens..

I did apple once.. and when we begged for basic features all over there forums we got little to no response by "anyone" and none of those features the basic ones came tell now..

almost 4 years later..

now don't call me a apple hater because Im not I use a macbook 90 percent of my computing.

but anyone who likes apple will know one thing they are innovative but being innovative has a downside "they dont listen to anyone"

IE the major negative reviews of the 17 inch macbook pro having a sealed battery.. and now the entire macbookpro line has a sealed battery..

i have to disagree with you, its the everyday stuff that drove me nuts on storm. Its the overall unresponsiveness of the phone and i am talking basic functions like answering or making phone calls... and restarting the phone every day is not a solution for "everyday" users.

the thing that apple did right with the first iphone is all functions that they did simply worked. take a look at the original demo from 07, and now take a look at how slow storm works.

the "promise" of storm was awesome, but the execution just miserable.
    06-25-09 11:02 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD