Are there any free turn by turn GPS apps for Iphone...like blackberry has a couple of them(dont remeber the exact names )
    07-21-09 02:45 PM
    if you have cydia up you can try xgps
    07-21-09 02:56 PM
    if you have cydia up you can try xgps
    sorry should have mentioned for Non-Unlocked I Phones...will edit the thread title...
    Thanks for chiming in though...
    07-21-09 03:01 PM
    XGPS was not very good back when I used it when I had my 3G about 5 months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 03:58 PM
    XGPS was not very good back when I used it when I had my 3G about 5 months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmmm...Looks like even JailBreaking the iphone will not give me a turn by turn GPS then...Thx was thinking of jailbreaking the phone for this...
    07-21-09 04:41 PM
    I haven't been able to find a decent GPS app for the iPhone, jailbroken or not.

Been thinking about trying out AT&T's, but for $9.99 per month... don't think I'll get around to it.

xGPS is pretty sluggish, for me... it does work, but, pretty clumsy interface.
    07-22-09 02:21 PM
    i have xgps and it works good here in cali
    07-25-09 01:15 AM
    I haven't been able to find a decent GPS app for the iPhone, jailbroken or not.

Been thinking about trying out AT&T's, but for $9.99 per month... don't think I'll get around to it.

xGPS is pretty sluggish, for me... it does work, but, pretty clumsy interface.
    telenav works great. i had it for my bold, and when i switched to the iphone canelled my subscription becasue it wasnt available until recently. now its back on my iphone as well! works very very well, i highly reccomend. the only bad thing about this program is that the voice sounds muffled for some reason. it did the same thing on the bold. you really need to hook it up to your cars speakers thru some connection (aux input, fm, cassette adapter) in order to truly use it well.
    07-26-09 11:54 AM
    telenav works great. i had it for my bold, and when i switched to the iphone canelled my subscription becasue it wasnt available until recently. now its back on my iphone as well! works very very well, i highly reccomend. the only bad thing about this program is that the voice sounds muffled for some reason. it did the same thing on the bold. you really need to hook it up to your cars speakers thru some connection (aux input, fm, cassette adapter) in order to truly use it well.
    Unfortunately the darn car that I use, doesnt has a casette player or a aux input and I really hate my car for that one reason and only that..
    07-26-09 08:19 PM
    Everything is free if you know where to look...but I don't.
    07-26-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD