I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, but I'm asking for people to sell me on the idea of the 3G/3GS.

I was all set on getting a BB, but after months of research I'm not sure if I need one. As popular as this device is (iPhone), I still see more people with blackberries than any other phone. Unless I'm mistaken apple just contains a small share of the smartphone market. Anyone can own a BB if they have the means, but the main reason I wanted to get one was for the email or instant notification for my job. But considering I work in an office setting where I have access to a computer the majority of the time, do I really need push email? Basically I wanted the emails pushed to my phone to avoid the inconvenience of having to check my email at a computer all day allowing me to be more productive at work.

It shouldn't bother me because in the end it's just a phone, but I really don't want to get a phone because everyone has one, or have a phone everyone else has.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Soopamans Father; 08-09-09 at 11:41 AM.
    08-09-09 11:38 AM
    The iPhone has push email as well. I had the BB curve for a while and went to the iPhone mainly because I got tired of the trackball. But I am really enjoying the iPhone and I deffinefly wouldn't turn back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 12:11 PM
    i would suggest you search this forum for the same question, there will probably be some good advice there. you're gonna end up with a repeat on this one, and unfortunately, it will turn sour near the end. good luck.
    08-09-09 12:51 PM
    Well... how would you be able to get email on the BB? Does your company have a BES and will they allow you to connect to it? If it doesn't, are you even allowed to connect? Unless you're management or better (salaried), most companies do not allow you to connect or even forward emails from your desktop to device.
    08-09-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD