Sad news is always on the news, anyone agree

Apple's iPhone 3G S makes its debut - Jun. 19, 2009
    06-19-09 07:14 AM

I don't think it's sad news at all. With the new technology coming out in smartphones this means Blackberry will develop new and better devices to keep up with the likes of the I-phone, Nokias, Palms, etc. This is good news for us, this means that we will continue to get exciting BB's hit the market. If there was no competition we would still have the old school Blackberry on our hip. new and exciting is always better, especially when you get to play with it
    06-19-09 07:22 AM
    Exactly. Without the iPhone I do not believe RIM would have really pushed to develop the Storm. Competition is great for us!
    06-19-09 07:26 AM
    I don't think it's sad news at all. With the new technology coming out in smartphones this means Blackberry will develop new and better devices to keep up with the likes of the I-phone, Nokias, Palms, etc. This is good news for us, this means that we will continue to get exciting BB's hit the market. If there was no competition we would still have the old school Blackberry on our hip. new and exciting is always better, especially when you get to play with it
    I agree wholeheartedly. Competition is a good thing for driving innovation.
    06-19-09 07:26 AM

Smiley big tooth = sarcasm, eh?
    06-19-09 07:33 AM
    I really wish that the article was about RIM's next big, rather than Apple's. I will agree to that.
    06-19-09 07:36 AM
    wow some iphone fans on the forum, nice to see you can justify your having a BB over an iphone. The storm came about due these exclusivity deals, RIM's market share in the smart phone segment was slightly ahead of apples anyway, but nice to hear fanboys play here too. Anyway Verizon and Vodafone only wanted to draw more subscribers for themselves as the iphone had struck an accord with 02 and AT&T
    06-19-09 07:38 AM
    I agree competition is good for technology. I do not like the iphone. I was watching dog the bounty hunter and they all have iphones and it just shows how horrible the service is as a phone. Beth went to call a lead to catch a bounty and her phone kept dropping the call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:41 AM
    Wtf??????????????
    06-19-09 08:04 AM
    Lol! Wth?!!
    06-19-09 08:04 AM
    SPAM anyone?
    06-19-09 08:13 AM
    wow some iphone fans on the forum, nice to see you can justify your having a BB over an iphone. The storm came about due these exclusivity deals, RIM's market share in the smart phone segment was slightly ahead of apples anyway, but nice to hear fanboys play here too. Anyway Verizon and Vodafone only wanted to draw more subscribers for themselves as the iphone had struck an accord with 02 and AT&T
    RIM wanted market share, after the fact that the "new" touchscreen market was taking off. I feel some credit has to be given to Apple. I know Palm has had touchscreens for years, but Apple's iPhone repopularized it and RIM wanted a piece of the market.
    06-19-09 08:19 AM
    That is completely appalling! Any way to get it deleted?
    Last edited by WVU_Sweetie; 06-19-09 at 08:44 AM.
    06-19-09 08:19 AM
    I reported the post as spam, but since you quoted it, it will live forever
    06-19-09 08:20 AM
    ^ CB is good for a few laughs this morning.
    06-19-09 08:24 AM
    I still do not under stand how apple could. Put out a phone with a camera that has no flash, even my last 3 dumb phones had

Flashes.......

06-19-09 08:31 AM
    The flash on the iphone is no longer a problem. I heard they're going to be giving out mini mag lites with a velcro attachment on the back of the phone!

Innovation at it's best...lol...jk.
    06-19-09 08:33 AM
    my co-worker was showing me his new "updates" his vocienotes (lol) now he can send and get picture text(LMAO) please... my money is on RIM!
    06-19-09 08:39 AM
    The flash on the iphone is no longer a problem. I heard they're going to be giving out mini mag lites with a velcro attachment on the back of the phone!

Innovation at it's best...lol...jk.
    mini-mag lites....imagine that....lol...I love to laugh so early in the a.m..if only my co-workers didn't think I was crazy for my spontaneous outbursts of laughter!!
    06-19-09 08:44 AM
    I don't see this as sad at all.
    It's just news, and it's not at all unexpected; we all new the 3GS iPhone was coming today.
    It might be a little sad for Apple, that they didn't get the turnout they expected, but I'm sure they're far from crying poverty.
    As for RIM, I agree with some of the other posts here, some healthy competition is always good for consumers.
    06-19-09 09:01 AM
    Lmao, iPhone 3Gs really isn't anything good perod. Talk about putting technology on a phone that existed since 2002. Bwahahahaha, total fail. And if your a sucker for the iPhone, good for you!

I can understand the hardware update, but nothing to WOW about.

06-19-09 09:06 AM
    I love that I phone put out a new product.....I want every company
    to keep putting out new phones make them better and better I insist
    Rim and apple have a year and a half to impress me..IMO...
    P.S. Does maglite have a exclusive at&t contract also?

06-19-09 09:19 AM
    I still do not under stand how apple could. Put out a phone with a camera that has no flash, even my last 3 dumb phones had

Flashes.......

06-19-09 09:29 AM
    lol i thought someone left the bb community again
    06-19-09 09:35 AM
    Exactly. Without the iPhone I do not believe RIM would have really pushed to develop the Storm. Competition is great for us!
    Your kidding right?
    If the storm is the best RIM can do against the iPhone we're in trouble...
    06-19-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD